• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

klodeckel

Banned
I think November will be all about that "What's on" tab including the already announced Twitter integration and more socialized game pages.

HokieJoe

Wow, the updates seem to be flying fast and furious. Great job by the update team. I'm waiting for World of Tanks to get ported over and a Media Browser 3 app. Once that comes to pass I'm going to buy an Xbox One.

Majine

Banned
I'm guessing the "What's on" tab replaces the leftmost tile inside the Store that was all about the "latest happenings" as it has disappeared recently.

Caayn

Would hoping for a increase in the max amount of tiles be in vain?

Also, nice going Chugen 705 points in the preview dashboard.

see5harp

Wow didn't realize that you could snap the media player. I forgot how amazing custom soundtracks were. I do wish that you could browse your library while something plays though.

Also if people didn't know, the Vine app is AMAZING in snap mode. Probably one of the best apps on the system right now in terms of speed, ease of use, and design.

klodeckel

Banned
Wow didn't realize that you could snap the media player. I forgot how amazing custom soundtracks were. I do wish that you could browse your library while something plays though.

Also if people didn't know, the Vine app is AMAZING in snap mode. Probably one of the best apps on the system right now in terms of speed, ease of use, and design.

Yep, the Vine App really is very awesome in Snap Mode!

Had another controller disconnect while playing Forza last night. Can anyone else say they've had this problem with any other game? I've only had it happen with FH2.

JaggedSac

Had another controller disconnect while playing Forza last night. Can anyone else say they've had this problem with any other game? I've only had it happen with FH2.

Quick question, do you have Kinect and if so, when it disconnects, can Kinect see the IR lights on the back of the controller?

.mkv playback is the killer app ive been waiting for.

My Xbones are getting closer to replacing my PS3s as primary media centers.

Still need a good media remote. Anyone know if Logitech universals will work with Xbone?

Would be amazing if MS enabled subtitle support as well....

Very happy with Xbone updates overall. Meanwhile, my PS4s are getting...um...theme support in the next update. Wtf?

Kssio_Aug

I hope that they add that activity feed particular for every game! Loved that idea, hope theyre planning to bring it with the November update.

Not sure if it was already known, but you can now hide apps and games from the Ready to Install list. It seems that is console based rather than account based, but finally I was able to get rid of the demos on that list.

Krakatoa

.mkv playback is the killer app ive been waiting for.

My Xbones are getting closer to replacing my PS3s as primary media centers.

Still need a good media remote. Anyone know if Logitech universals will work with Xbone?

Would be amazing if MS enabled subtitle support as well....

Very happy with Xbone updates overall. Meanwhile, my PS4s are getting...um...theme support in the next update. Wtf?

If you have Kinect hooked up, cable box and receiver you can use any tablet with Smartglass. It has an awesome universal remote built in.

Alx

.mkv Very happy with Xbone updates overall. Meanwhile, my PS4s are getting...um...theme support in the next update. Wtf?

I'm not even a PS4 owner, but the latest update doesn't seem that bad actually. It may not be as rich as the Xbox updates, but it is adding real features for a change.

Novak

What usage would cause you to change input at start-up? Not trying to be a jerk, just curious as to how you'd prefer to be using the XONE.

My Sony Bravia TV defaults to built-in digital tuner after you turn it on from stand-by.
So each time I turn on XB1 and then XB1 turns on the TV , I have to manually switch to HDMI 1 input.

My Sony Bravia TV defaults to built-in digital tuner after you turn it on from stand-by.
So each time I turn on XB1 and then XB1 turns on the TV , I have to manually switch to HDMI 1 input.

That sounds very strange. Never heard of a modern tv doing that. How old is it? Are you sure that isn't a setting you can change?

I wish it would switch to the correct input when my X1 turns on the TV.

rjcc

that should be a setting you can change. I had one of the first gen CRT HDTVs from Sony and it didn't do that.

Anyone run into stuttering while using plex in the media app? It stutters at the start then fine, then it starts stuttering again 2 min later. I have my One hard wired, yet my Roku is on wifi and does not have this issue.

Novak

That sounds very strange. Never heard of a modern tv doing that. How old is it? Are you sure that isn't a setting you can change?

that should be a setting you can change. I had one of the first gen CRT HDTVs from Sony and it didn't do that.

I think it is 2008 model. I always buy TVs before Euro cups (football) :)
No settings. I even tried with hidden service menu.
My newer Philips tv doesnt have this problem, but i keep xb1 in the bedroom and Sony tv is there.

Krilekk

Banned
Return of that illusive "What's On" twist/tab. Wonder when we'll find out more about it.

lTE7NfS.png

Maybe a dedicated One Guide tab?

Pjsprojects

I'm not even a PS4 owner, but the latest update doesn't seem that bad actually. It may not be as rich as the Xbox updates, but it is adding real features for a change.

Never mind updates,just get PSN working correctly! Really starting to wish I had not bothered buying a PS4.
My Xbox on the other hand has been great. Just need that screenshot function,maybe the November update.

Chitown B

Never mind updates,just get PSN working correctly! Really starting to wish I had not bothered buying a PS4.
My Xbox on the other hand has been great. Just need that screenshot function,maybe the November update.

i'm curious what all you guys need the screenshot function for so badly. It's only useful if you're at a static position, with enough time to stop, open the quick snap, and take a shot. That isn't useful in the middle of most multiplayer games, nor many single player ones.

Anyone else that has their DLNA simply set up through sharing their media on their network through Windows have an issue getting MKVs to show up? When I put them on a USB, the app can play them fine, but over the network I don't see MKVs (I see pretty much all other types of files).

i'm curious what all you guys need the screenshot function for so badly. It's only useful if you're at a static position, with enough time to stop, open the quick snap, and take a shot. That isn't useful in the middle of most multiplayer games, nor many single player ones.

People like options. Also, I think most people would be appeased if you could at least take screenshots in Upload Studio but I've been a bit disappointed that US hasn't really evolved much. Uploading directly to Youtube isn't on there yet (I know you can do it via the YT app but doing through Upload would be better personally) and I was hoping/expecting it to have moved on a bit further than it has since launch

Hubble

Screenshots are essential since classic PC days. It captures a moment.

Also you should be able to use your own screenshot to customize your dashboard.

Daigoro

come on. there are whole threads on this forum dedicated to showing off screen shots. there are screen shots in probably the majority of OT's from the game people are currently playing.

you can show off stats, scenery, a cool character/car, glitches, etc.

there are a multitude of reasons why this function would be useful for a lot of people.

mike4001_

They could do a double-nexus Y for screen shot,
and then map a similar function into Upload Studio.

Bad idea :)

What about games you have to hit Y repeatidly.

We have the snap center now where you press X for recording a video.

It is obvious they will just add another button for the screenshot.

That's what he's saying. In snap center, use Y for screenshot.

Nexus is another name for the Xbox button on the controller, so he's saying double tap the Xbox button for snap center and then press Y to do a screenshot.

When he says double nexus he means the guide button twice then Y, just like the X for 'record that'.

Basically you are agreeing with each other. :)

Top Bottom