• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Getting lots of problems starting up snapped apps - just waits ages then falls over saying 'took too long to startup'

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Can someone invite me to the update preview program.. I thought I was in it already but I haven't received the update yet.. maybe its still a select few.

Xxiijm

[edit] oops db sorry about that :O

Just checked well my PS3 Media Server app does not like my XBO :(
Makes me very sad !

It seems the device but says no maps are shared even though they are :p

derFeef

HA! :O
Any settings u used in PSM or on the XBO to see the folders because I just can;t get it to see any folders even though it seems to see the PSM app just fine on the XBO.

Nothing special, it took a while to load the folders up at first, though.
Which version are you running? I need to check at home.

RoKKeR

Just noticed that some changes have been made to the store? Bunch of new sections now.

"New Releases"
"Coming Soon"
"Top Paid Games" (by purchases or players?)
"Top Free Games" (by purchases or players?)
"Most Played" (total players, no changes here)

I don't see any trend in the Top Paid and Top Free categories as the games are all scattered about randomly. The "Top Selling" category is gone, which I miss as it tracked overall sales/downloads LTD.

vrln

Neo Member
If anyone needs an invite, just add me to your friends list and I´ll hook you up when I login. Gamertag is PurpleMethod. If I forget you somehow, send me a message on Xbox Live.

This October patch is really something. With some additions (volume change and streaming from snap menu etc) it will be not only great, but stunning :) The original multitasking dream is starting to be real now.

RoKKeR: Nice! I hope they add a separate zone for ID@XBox stuff too.

Mask

How long does it usually take to start getting preview updates? I got invited a while ago, and no indication of anything changed yet.

Maybe it didn't go through? Someone invite me again? My tag is splatternick.

ryan299

Does anyone here use the official stereo headset? This one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAVDQCK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I thought about buying the adapter alone, because I thought it had a headphone + mic port, but it doesn't look like it does (I use headphones + modmic with my pc).

I've seen it go on sale for like ~50ish bucks every now and then, and was thinking about picking one up.

MS gave me one of those and an adapter for free. It works well I like it.

derFeef

Does anyone here use the official stereo headset? This one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAVDQCK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I thought about buying the adapter alone, because I thought it had a headphone + mic port, but it doesn't look like it does (I use headphones + modmic with my pc).

I've seen it go on sale for like ~50ish bucks every now and then, and was thinking about picking one up.

It has the single connector - you can get an adapter for that in every electronics store though. I use my Sennheisers with seperate audio and mic connector, works good.

32799i5872C5FCC12BEC4C

Got a replacement console last week and set it up. Now, that has to be replaced, because the thing constantly emits a ticking-like noise that I can hear from ten feet away with ease.

They offered to replace it, though, so hopefully third time's the charm?

watership

anyone know?

It's unlikely, Local cable providers may never allow it. There are specialty apps and licenses in place regarding re-broadcasting of TV signals in North America. Microsoft made huge gains with the TV functionality in Oneguide however and maybe they can work something out. Using Oneguide is about so many times faster than using my cable box.

bananas

Banned

I have one. It doesn't do 5.1, but it's still really good quality. Sound wise.

Build is a little ehh, but they're comfy. I can wear them for long periods of time without my ears hurting.

RdN

Seems like no screenshots this year. Only posting this to prevent disappointment later :(

Dammit! I was confident that we'd see it in time for the Master Chief Collection. Really didn't expect that they'd have such a hard time implementing this...

Dammit! I was confident that we'd see it in time for the Master Chief Collection. Really didn't expect that they'd have such a hard time implementing this...
I don't think it's about having a "hard time" with anything, it's just what features they choose to prioritize.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Guys, bad news. Do not update right now.

Xbox One preview members should decline system update to avoid factory reset

Xbox Preview Participants,

Due to an unforeseen issue with our update system, if when powering on your Xbox One console you are asked to download a system update, please decline it. By declining the update you will go off-line and not be factory reset. Please leave your console powered on until further notice.

We've identified an issue that could cause a small sub-set of consoles enrolled in Public Preview to factory reset after downloading the latest system update (deleting all local hard drive content). Note that a factory reset does not impact profile settings or game saves (which are synced to our servers when you connect to Xbox Live), or content stored on an external hard drive. For now, please decline the system update until we can address this issue on our end.
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...view_forums/wave_8_1410/f/5109/t/1835594.aspx

http://www.wpcentral.com/psa-xbox-one-public-preview-factory-reset-problem

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Deactivate that option now duh.

Anyways that is reason enough to opt out of the preview. This is the second time this has happened.

True, as I said earlier in this thread. Its just not worth it, since the final version comes out soon enough. If you are on Preview program you never get to enjoy the final build, you are always thrown into the next preview in few weeks. I thought this was a great idea when it started because I was thinking the actual update will come out after few months. But Microsoft has been doing some incredible work, and they are brining out final build faster than I thought.

m23

Apparently the issue is resolved now.

Xbox Preview Participants,

This issue has been mitigated. The small subset of consoles that were impacted to factory reset will be prompted to take the latest 1410 Preview build.

This impact was due to a service issue that has since been resolved. If you continue to experience this, please let us know by posting in the forums!

Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue, and thank you for your participation in the Preview Program!

RdN

I don't think it's about having a "hard time" with anything, it's just what features they choose to prioritize.

May be so, but it's a really weird. It's a highly requested feature, and one that the rival has since it's launch. I know there's a ton of stuff to add, but not having this on the product's first year is something that I can't understand.

Top Bottom