• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One OS Slow (new update 6/24)

wowzors

So I have always been in the beta program but lately it seems the OS is getting even slower I leave it on instant on and it takes about 40 seconds to get into tv. If I turn on a controller and try to get to the menu it takes about 10 seconds.

Is this just the new update? Or am I missing a setting to turn off that takes a lot of resources?

While it's not slow for me, a huge annoyance is how there's a 20+ minute update to install/apply almost every goddamn day.. And that's not an exaggeration.

I'm considering to opt out because of how frequent these long updates are.

Zedox

So I have always been in the beta program but lately it seems the OS is getting even slower I leave it on instant on and it takes about 40 seconds to get into tv. If I turn on a controller and try to get to the menu it takes about 10 seconds.

Is this just the new update? Or am I missing a setting to turn off that takes a lot of resources?

What is 6/24? The date? If so...today is 7/27.

Kingbrave

Newest update is the 7/26 and I'm sure there will be another tonight.

Personally they've gotten faster and more responsive for me and Cortana has gotten better lately. It was a shitshow.

wowzors

What is 6/24? The date? If so...today is 7/27.

That's what the date is on the last message Xbox sent me saying they were moving all preview members over to the latest. I assume I am on the latest, don't know how to be sure.

Looking in settings I'm on 7/26 firmware.

Yeah the OS is just so slow and unresponsive now. Takes 8 seconds or so to load my friends list. The store is just painfully laggy. What a step back

Sean

Banned
While it's not slow for me, a huge annoyance is how there's a 20+ minute update to install/apply almost every goddamn day.. And that's not an exaggeration.

I'm considering to opt out because of how frequent these long updates are.

Yep, I'm probably going to opt out for this same reason.

IMO they should have two beta channels, a "public beta" (update once every few weeks, mostly stable) and a "developer beta" (daily updates like we've been getting).

hehe. how many os updates will it take for microsoft to make the ui annoyingly slow and unresponsive on scorpio after that consoleupgrade comes out? lol. they are amazing at this.

I've noticed this too, and I've had problems playing BluRays on my X1 too. It's been having really bad sound sync issues. I was planning on getting an S to use as a 4K BR player but this is making me hesitate.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah the OS is just so slow and unresponsive now. Takes 8 seconds or so to load my friends list. The store is just painfully laggy. What a step back
What 8 seconds huh?
Gonna need proof of that.

OP, try a clear cache reboot. And how are you in the preview program and not know wheter it's up to date or not?

wowzors

What 8 seconds huh?
Gonna need proof of that.

OP, try a clear cache reboot. And how are you in the preview program and not know wheter it's up to date or not?

Im gonna level with you here. I was super excited when i first got my xbox but I have played maybe 15 hours on the system since i got it 2 years ago. (12 of those hours were on Sunset Overdrive).

I use it to watch TV and the only reason i knew the OS was slow was because this latest update made me re-sign into my Xbox Live account and in doing that I noticed how slow the OS has become.

Nivane

I am in the preview program as well and haven't experienced any significant slowdowns. It seems snappier in some places. Other than the odd 'test games' showing up in My Games and Apps, it's been fine.

Holding down the power button until the console turns off is a good way to clear the cache between preview updates. I do it once every time a new build comes out.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Im gonna level with you here. I was super excited when i first got my xbox but I have played maybe 15 hours on the system since i got it 2 years ago. (12 of those hours were on Sunset Overdrive).

I use it to watch TV and the only reason i knew the OS was slow was because this latest update made me re-sign into my Xbox Live account and in doing that I noticed how slow the OS has become.
Yea it sounds like there's just a build-up of leftovers. Do the clear cache reboot by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds, wait 20 seconds, and start the console again. And you should probably de-enroll from preview since for your specific uses it might be a good idea to just stay on the stable builds.

etta

my hard graphic balls
New update every night at prime time when I'm trying to watch something on TV. It's awful.
C'mon man the whole point of preview is to test and give feedback. New update every night SHOULD be the ideal scenario for quick bug fixes or worse in case something big breaks down like not being able to boot any games.
If it's cumbersome and interruptive then just de-enroll instead of complaining, because the latter just advertises to everyone that you don't know what you're doing and why.
It's just disrespectful to the people who work on this.

Top Bottom