• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut to $299/299/£279

Defect

Another pretty good deal (just before the Slim and Scorpio are announced!)

YXimNlV.jpg
I just got the choose your game console with 500 gigs at bestbuy a few days ago for 350...

Pretty crappy price cut in the UK. :/

With the deals available in the UK, we do pretty well already. I'm not going to list the 30000 deals we've had in the last 24 months but lets just take the straight console as of now.

$300 is £206, add in 20% VAT and its £250

For the past 5/6 months we've been able to get an Xbox One for £210, we're pretty much getting an Xbox without VAT and if you go amazon it's still cheaper than it should be.

Don't forget we've had Xbox One selling at £250 inc free game since 2014 with the AC Unity and Sunset bundles and so on. You can trade that brand new game in and you've effectively got a Xbox One £210-20 for the past two years, when Xbox was $350 and $400 in the US.

RdN

Making it official, I see.

It's a pretty good price and there was no way they would be going back to the prior range.

R0nn

Seems to be working already. Overheard some casual gaming co workers today talking about the price cut and considering to pick one up.

I've been really close to picking up an Xbox One for the past six months, but I decided to wait until after E3 to see what Microsoft was going to reveal (especially with the Slim rumor). This is enticing though, some really good bundles for $300 now.

bman94

Honestly not a big deal. For like the last year and a half damn near every retailer sold the Xbox One for $300 including pack-in games. Microsoft has been trying their damnest to get these things off the shelves since the initially console reveal debacle. That first year for Microsoft was rough as hell and they've been trying to make up for it ever since.

It would be tempting to buy an XO, but the news about the new Xbox just made it really hard. I still remember the $500 launch price tag. Ouch.

also for those interested you can get the spring bundle 1tb harddrive,halo 5,gears of war ultimate,rare replay,ori and the blind forest,plus a extra control and free game(watch dogs,the crew,just dance,assassins creed unity) from microsoft store for $319

This deal is absolutely insane I'm so mad I don't have the extra cash to buy this right now

LQX

I just got the choose your game console with 500 gigs at bestbuy a few days ago for 350...

Ugh, dude you are on GAF. Surely you knew something was afoot and they have so many deals going at other sites like Amazon. In the FS thread here, many are selling them for like $200.

Regardless, BestBuy is good about returns, even if open. Take it back or get it price adjusted.

Logash

X1 slim $350 coming ?

Why would they sell a slim version for more money? If anything it will be the same price. You probably right about it having to do with them releasing a slim version. They probably lowered the manufacturing cost with it and could afford to lower the price permanently.

oti

Banned
This makes selling it used even less worth the time.

I really hope MS has an XBO+ upgrade path for XBO owners.

CoG

Oh the old, "temporary price drop to permanent price drop" play. It's going to be interesting to say that their strategy is at E3. Xbox One sales are behind PS4 at a $50 price advantage in their strongest territory. Now that Scorpio has "leaked" and is over a year out, people are going to be super-weary to go Xbox One, knowing it's on the deprecation path.

jelly

Might mean something in the US but it's been cheaper in Europe consistently that it makes those prices kinda funny.

Doesn't bode well for Xbox One slim pricing. Oh dear.

Hmm, I think I'll still wait for another price drop or the more powerful one. Still doesn't feel like either console has a whole lot of exclusives I want.

Defect

Ugh, dude you are on GAF. Surely you knew something was afoot and they have so many deals going at other sites like Amazon. In the FS thread here, many are selling them for like $200.

Regardless, BestBuy is good about returns, even if open. Take it back or get it price adjusted.
Eh, I would've saved 30 bucks and gotten 1tb with three games I already own + FH2. I got forza 6 from my bundle and I just swapped my external 1tb from my old console to the new one.

So it's not that bad :p

jelly

Why would they raise the price? They'd just be in the same exact situation they've been in for the last few months: failing to move consoles like they want.

How do they clear the old stock if the Slim is the same price is probably what they were getting at.

I'll hazard a guess the old Xbox One have had and will get a much bigger price cut behind the scenes until stock runs out. Retailers aren't eating 100 quid on those if they've been much cheaper than these official price cuts for ages.

£279 was the Xbox 360 launch price!

GutsOfThor

I'm so tempted! I really want to play Forza Horizon 2 but can't get myself to bite knowing that E3 is around the corner.

Top Bottom