• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut to $299/299/£279

brawly

Switzerland seems to be clearing stock. There have been a lot of crazy sales lately, like Xbox One + a recent-ish game for $200.

Keep in my mind everything here is generally a bit more expensive. (it launched at ~$630 here)

Menitta

They're getting closer. If Scorpio comes out and the OG Xbox One gets another price cut, I'll pick it up, but there's not a lot I want to play on that console. There's KI, Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound, and maybe Rare Replay.

This is good. It means I could find a used Xbox One for $200 in the near future. Just want to play all the Halo games and Gears before I die XD

Nzyme32

No way the next Xbox (or any console) can sell for a penny more than $399.

That's what I'd think if it wasn't 6TF. Don't think that is going to come in at $399 unless they loss lead, which I doubt

Good luck on getting people to buy into a $349 XB1 once you've established a $299 price.

There is a reason why I specifically wrote "complete guess work" prior to that.

CoG

That's what I'd think if it wasn't 6TF. Don't think that is going to come in at $399 unless they loss lead, which I doubt

Nobody gives a shit about teraflops when it comes to price. PS3 tanked at $599 and so will any console that comes out the gate at > $399.

jelly

Complete guess work:

XB1 ----------- $299
XB1-S -------- $349
XB-2017 ----- $599

XB1 - 299
XB1-S - 299
Scorpio- 399

I only say that because the old Xbox One will be sold for much cheaper behind the scenes but not listed officially cheaper and 349 is a bit ridiculous for a Slim after all this time and would not gain a new consumer base.

You have been able to get an Xbox one for £220 ish with a game for months now.

Unless this means retailer deals drop even further, it's pretty much nothing.gif

Moonstone

XboxOne price in germany:

xboxonej1z7y.png

I feel like I've seen it at 299.99 all year.

It kinda feels like being able to get the system at that price, or $349 bundled with a shit-ton of games and accessories, has been par for the course for some time now. The prospective consumer has basically been conditioned to not pay MSRP.

Theonik

No it hasn't, PS4 has been back up to $349 for a while now.
I don't know I'm only looking at German prices mostly. but it seems the PS4 is up for deals for 299 or less since the start of the year with it hitting 260 earlier this year.

Well GAF, I bought a refurbished Xbox One with Kinect, halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Kinect Sports and Forza 6 last week off of eBay for $279.

I feared there would be a price drop cause of looming e3. But I think it's safe to say my deal is still pretty solid yeah?

oti

Banned
Well GAF, I bought a refurbished Xbox One with Kinect, halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Kinect Sports and Forza 6 last week off of eBay for $279.

I feared there would be a price drop cause of looming e3. But I think it's safe to say my deal is still pretty solid yeah?

Why would you buy any console right now? Is there something you want to play RIGHT NOW?

The games and kinect are probably worth, what, $150 or so? That means you basically got the XB1 for $129.

SpecX

Nice, I might bite after seeing the slim and if it's priced the same. I hope this drives down the price for the WiiU since I want to get one for my kids.

Top Bottom