• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut to $299/299/£279

Zedox

Well GAF, I bought a refurbished Xbox One with Kinect, halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Kinect Sports and Forza 6 last week off of eBay for $279.

I feared there would be a price drop cause of looming e3. But I think it's safe to say my deal is still pretty solid yeah?

Helluva deal.

I'm pretty sure it's been selling at or below £279 in the UK for a while now. Hopefully this means an even cheaper price in stores/online.

I managed to get the Gears 500GB bundle over the holidays for $219 (with coupons etc), but still paid $500 for the Halo 5 bundle.

Ugh. I keep telling myself to stop being an early adopter.

ocean

Banned
I bought and sold an XBO before ever using it. Feels bad, I'm dying to finally play Halo, Killer Instinct and Sunset Overdrive. I'm sure there'll be a few other interesting exclusives down the line. If I can get a US$400 XBO+Elite Controller at some point during the summer I'm taking the leap.

Lionheart

They've already started advertising the new price aggressively in the Netherlands, showing some games and a voice saying:
- "Did you know the Xbox One is the only console on which you can play the top 10 games of 2015?"
- "And on which you can also play your Xbox 360 games?"
- "Oh, and it's also only € 299 now, maybe I should have started with that"
- "Now € 299 at these retailers"

Don't know if the price at these retailers was already € 299 before and if the ad may have been airing before today, but I hadn't seen it yet, so it might be new.

Edit: hmm at most stores you can get it for less even, or € 299 with a game, but the ad may be new now that it's an official price cut.

TheMan

is there a projected release date for the scorpio? If it's by the end of the year i'd just as soon wait.

DasRaven

Why do people think a slim model would be more expensive than the original?

I'm thinking that they'll include a stripped version of the Elite controller in the box. It'd have the same capability for customization but not include the paddles, tall or domed sticks, dish pad, carry case or braided USB cable. Make that available for $29 separately for people wanting those bits.

That way new "Slim Elite" @ $349 includes the basic Elite controller, and fits between Fat Elite (has all the accessories and SSHD @ $399) and Fat Standard (has nothing @ 299).

Once the remaining stock of Fats sell out, they can drop the price to $299.

Duxxy3

I'm thinking that they'll include a stripped version of the Elite controller in the box. It'd have the same capability for customization but not include the paddles, tall or domed sticks, dish pad, carry case or braided USB cable. Make that available for $29 separately for people wanting those bits.

That way new "Slim Elite" @ $349 includes the basic Elite controller, and fits between Fat Elite (has all the accessories and SSHD @ $399) and Fat Standard (has nothing @ 299).

Once the remaining stock of Fats sell out, they can drop the price to $299.

I'd love a regular controller with grip on the back and those metal analog sticks. The regular plastic ones grind after a while.

Chris1

I'd love a regular controller with grip on the back and those metal analog sticks. The regular plastic ones grind after a while.

They have to release a new controller with the grips on the back as standard at E3.

The Copper Dust & Shadow ones not having them was a massive disappointment, everyone that's got a controller with the grips has loved them, if they don't come with the slim controller MS will have fucked up bad

As much as the xbox has become known for its price drops and crazy/desperate price drops. The craziest ive ever seen is on in the uk now (big online and retail store, well in the UK), which is ps4 +UC4 + doom + Ratchet + 20 in vouchers for 299 uk , which is what 220 US?, WTF is going on with that.

Chris1

As much as the xbox has become known for its price drops and crazy/desperate price drops. The craziest ive ever seen is on in the uk now (big online and retail store, well in the UK), which is ps4 +UC4 + doom + Ratchet + 20 in vouchers for 299 uk , which is what 220 US?, WTF is going on with that.

Tesco was doing PS4 + Overwatch + Ratchet & Clank + Doom + Uncharted 4 + Black Ops 3 for £299 a week ago. Some crazy deals going on right now.

DasRaven

They have to release a new controller with the grips on the back as standard at E3.

The Copper Dust & Shadow ones not having them was a massive disappointment, everyone that's got a controller with the grips has loved them, if they don't come with the slim controller MS will have fucked up bad

Indeed. I tried both controllers in the Microsoft store a while back and said then that if I ever bought an Xbox One, it'd have to have that controller specifically. So, I'm very hopeful that I can make that happen shortly after E3.

ps3ud0

Complete guess work:

XB1 ----------- $299
XB1-S -------- $349
XB-2017 ----- $599
More like

XO - Firesales til stock disappears
XO Slim - $299
XO Scorpio - ?

I dont think MS have shown any additional appetite over Sony to subsidise their HW pricing this generation so if the Scorpio is per rumours it wont be cheap (launch XO pricing seems a sensible ballpark) - but really it seems pointless to speculate...

ps3ud0 8)

Tesco was doing PS4 + Overwatch + Ratchet & Clank + Doom + Uncharted 4 + Black Ops 3 for £299 a week ago. Some crazy deals going on right now.

That's crazy , theres no way sony makes any money from that . So is this now purely a numbers game to get as many in to homes and make money long term ........ or to remove stock in place of a new console soon? That deal is nuts btw.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The XB1 dropped from $350+Ori+Gears+Rare Collection+Halo+Forza Horrizon+Extra Conrtoller+$50 Gift Card to $300 should do the trick ...

hollomat

Banned
Crazy. I paid $500 for it two years ago right before titanfall came out. Didn't come with titanfall either. Came with Kinect though.

mo60

Doesn't Canada also have a $75 off code based on gamerscore as well?

Yep. I got it, but I can't really use it since I already have an xbox one.It's dependent on your gamerscore. You won't get the max amount possible for the discount unless your gamescore is above 25000.

299 pounds is approx 430+ dollars....

Top Bottom