• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut to $299/299/£279

THE:MILKMAN

Just thinking about the slim and it rumoured being 40% smaller which would mean 360 slim size. Does it indicate the current APU has been shrunk to 14nm?

I have an Xbox One (white Sunset Overdrive version when it dropped to $350 almost 2 years ago) so this isn't a cheapskate's pie in the sky dream. But I just don't see how MS can release a slimmed down Xbox One for higher than it is now.

Bold prediction incoming...MS doubles down and introduces a slim Xbox One at e3 for $249.99. MS needs to make up ground on Sony -regardless of whatever smoke Phil Spencer throws our way about not caring about winning- and this is their opportunity to start anew and push some more boxes before the Xbox Scorpio release.

Price cuts are of little help when there's weak demand for the product.

Retailers are probably getting nervous about being left holding the bag if a cheaper model is announnced at E3.

Boke1879

It was a necessary move to drum up some potential sales imo. They could be trying to clear stock or they know the slow summer months are coming and they gotta do something to drum excitement up.

Boke1879

There was a time when a price drop announcement would be a 20+ page thread in hours.

Because at this point a price drop means very little even a $299 price point. Like many have stated there have been better deals for a while now and while in the short term they'll get a slight boost from this. Any consumer who's smart will wait for Black Friday before they purchase if they are truly on the fence.

Ricker

Bought the PS4 back on launch day,waited on the X1 until late last year and I absolutly love the system also...it was great finally playing Ryse,which I liked,KI,Forza,the last Tomb Raider etc etc...great system.

Daft Punk

Banned
That would explain why the information this week was to change all of the Xbox SKUs price tags. Getting close to that magical price where I can impulse buy and not feel bad ($199-249) and finally play KI.

Top Bottom