• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Price To Go Back Up - Last Chance for $350

Big Mistake

tumblr_mk5f2vBx7r1qfr6udo2_500.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't believe they're actually raising the price again. Would it have just been too much of a longterm loss to keep the price down? Makes no sense otherwise.

I think it's gonna be a big deal long term, they needed a very strong holiday this year and they got it. Sales are going to be very weak in the new year though, especially back at the normal price.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Lol good luck selling the bone until Black Friday then, can't believe they're doing this.

Bessy67

Wow. Pretty shocking that they're not keeping the price at $350, especially since they don't seem to have any big releases planned until fall...

TMC

I was planning on picking it up down the line when something else came out that I really wanted. Most likely going to move past owning one if they are going to raise the price.

What is their plan here? This will kill their momentum. Permanent price drop in a month or two when sales drop off? Do they have a slightly cheaper internal revision on deck for 2015 so they lose less money?

Polk

TBH january,february are dead months for console sales. So as well they can rise the price for few months and lower it later.

I am going to buy a XB1 but after seeing their crazy sale they had this year and the lack of games coming out early next year I decided to do the wait and see what crazy sale they will do next holiday season. I already have a Wii U and PS4 so I am just going to wait for a crazy Halo 5 Bundle Deal.

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they decide to leave the price at $349 and this is just a last push to get anyone on the fence thinking the price might go up in January.

maxcriden

They lowered the price significantly for a lengthy period of time and are raising it again. I don't think I've seen any publisher do this before. Is there another example of this happening? It seems like a very unusual decision.

I think they planned it correctly and got exactly what they wanted.

Mindshare

Now with more people with Xbox, they don't have to worry about there being a level of doubt when looking to buy one. The most vocal will spread the word and will cause lots of other to buy one.

Temporary or not, they did a good job in dropping that price. Getting it into a lot of hands, and executing. Now all they have to worry about is advertising more, and showing off games. They got enough of the crowd, I think this was a great idea.

Actually reading it again, it does say for the Assassin Creed bundle only. Was there another bundle that was also for $350?

im sure they won't go back up and just forget the price is $349. an extended holiday problem Encore Edition. don't believe them!

Anth0ny

Crazy. I thought $350 would become permanent. How long is this going to last?

I figure after they get their shit stomped by PS4 in January they'll go back to $350.

Yaari

Was this discount US only? A friend mentioned interest but we're not from the US. I don't even know what the current price is of this thing lol.

Still gonna wait for a Halo 5 bundle next holiday season. I'm sure I'll be able to get a bundle for $300 or less after seeing this year's sales

Chaostar

They're throwing away any headway they've made in Nov/Dec if they put the price back up. I still don't think they will, this is probably just a marketing ploy to grab the last few fence sitters of the year.

Actually, if they did, I'd be fascinated just to see the scale of the cliff that sales would drop off.

RE_Player

It is not shocking MS would go through with this temporary price point bullshit. Over the years they have had a clear focus on the holidays, leaving most of their game big releases and deals for the fall and winter months.

Toki767

When you consider that in their minds, they only have to worry about sales during November and December, I could see them raising the price back up, expecting sales to tank in the beginning of the year anyway, and then doing another sale next holiday season.

Looking at this from a marketing standpoint it kind of makes sense because in 6 months or however long they can announce a.... "permanent new price drop of $50 making the Xbox 1 only $349!" and get some extra sales from that, while recouping some of the losses at $399 in the months in between.

Top Bottom