• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One & PS4 size comparison photos

GameSeeker

You have to add the size of the powerbrick to the Xbone to really get an idea of just how huge it is compared to the PS4.

Slick engineering work by Sony - the teardown video Sony release earlier shows off the engineering design.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I've seen a PS4. It's not that the Xbox one is huge. It's because the PS4 is tiny.

DBT85

MS only gets one point on the scoresheet form all this as far as I can see, they put some USB ports on the fucking back.

Apart from that, they got beat all ends up.

Stunning that the PS4 has the PSU inside as well.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
oNObdQS.jpg

ps3upsidedown.jpg

Hmm... I knew I saw this somewhere.

I need to see these next to a phat PS3. But yeah the xbone looks inordinately large when considering they should have similarly sized parts. Has anyone done a teardown yet?

This gen's console designs are incredibly boring IMO. The PS4 looks like an overpriced Blu Ray player and the XB1 looks like one of those cable/satellite boxes you'd find in a hotel room. Why are they so big

I'm more partial to the whimsical looking consoles such as Gamecube and PS1. Even the Xbox Slim had a bit of character to it. I guess some would appreciate that it matches other devices in their living room, but even then these particular designs still come across as uninspired to me.

Berg

It's really interesting to think about Nintendo willing to sacrifice power to have a small compact form for the wiiU.
wish they squeezed wiiU into those comparisons.

Damn!! This looks like a redesigned PS4 that they'd release in a few years. They just skipped right to it. It really is so sexy. Can't wait to rub it on my body tonight.

Pagusas

Elden Member
so much incompetent management at MS. The One has been a cluster for them, I don't see how they can be proud of it. I'd feel miserably disheartened if I worked on it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
This gen's console designs are incredibly boring. The PS4 looks like an overpriced Blu Ray player and the XB1 looks like one of those cable/satellite boxes you'd find in a hotel room.

What about its bold eraser shape?

Tablo

Yeah that's crazy, XB1 better run a lot cooler/quieter lol
Still like the XB1 design more, but hopefully they can shrink it down to PS4 level sooner rather than later. +1080 to Sony hardware team.

All that and a power brick!

If bigger = better go team Microsoft!

Yeah that's crazy, XB1 better run a lot cooler/quieter lol
Still like the XB1 design more, but hopefully they can shrink it down to PS4 level sooner rather than later. +1080 to Sony hardware team.

Could you link the thermals/sound of the Xbox One retail units. I'm not doubting you but the PS4 was considerably lower than expected. I really don't see this as an issue on the PS4.

Really remarkable size difference. Shows the very different internal philosophies at the two companies. I certainly think the PS4's is better; MSFT is getting better at hardware (Surface is OK), but they have some work still to do.

Raydeen

From what I've heard the Xbox One isn't as big in person as people think.

Its bigger but it doesn't bother me at all.

I've seen it in the flesh, it's really not that big. Sony did some amazing stuff with the PS4 hardware design...let's see if it pays off once they start to ship...MS certainly weren't taking any chances.

jett

D-Member
Man I thought all those shopped comparisons were exaggerated, but seems they were true to life. Xbone is one huge bitch.

nib95

Banned
Quality American design and engineering lol. Jk lol. Sorry, I just had to. Xbox One is like the giant bloated Muscle car of vehicular design. Thankfully Apple get it right.

Espada

Damn, that size disparity is larger than I thought it'd be. I don't know if it's because the Xbox One is enormous or the PS4 is just tiny.

Top Bottom