• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One reach 100 thousand shipped in China on day one

Dunlop

Its a legitimate question, i'm not the only one who picks up on this.

I agree with the XB1 derailing, I constantly post about it even though I do not have a XB1 as I like the hobby and truly believe many XB1 posters just don't bother with this place anymore as it is so rampant.

I do not think there is any kind of mod tolerance, unfortunately by the time they get involved the thread is such a shit stain that they just close it. I don't really pay attention as to whether anyone gets banned

RetroStu

Banned
I agree with the XB1 derailing, I constantly post about it even though I do not have a XB1 as I like the hobby and truly believe many XB1 posters just don't bother with this place anymore as it is so rampant.

I do not think there is any kind of mod tolerance, unfortunately by the time they get involved the thread is such a shit stain that they just close it. I don't really pay attention as to whether anyone gets banned

I don't own an X1 either, i just get bored of having to read through post after post of not so thinly veiled fanboy drivel.
There is nothing more tedious imo.

So 100k shipped to China? How many were shipped to Japan and still sit on the shelf?

I'm sure Microsoft shipped at least 60,000 in Japan.

Right now, Xbox One sales over there are abysmally low at 29K LTD with 1.5K sold last week.

For a market that didn't exist at all, 100,000 shipped consoles is great. It's an indication that retailers in that region have some confidence that the console market will start to explode over there.

However, it really doesn't say anything about consumer demand for the product. This could be just a classic case of retailers over-estimating demand that just isn't there.

Dunlop

Any chance Neverwinter would make it to NA? I had fun with it for a while and always thought it would play well on a console

fallingdove

You don't speak for the millions who have bought and are enjoying these systems already. That said, sorry that you are not happy.

Huh? -Never said that people aren't enjoying these systems, and am perfectly happy with where Xbone/PS4 currently are. But again, to further belabor my point, to say that the Xbone or PS4 deserve these sales because they are "great" consoles, is a stretch. By any comparison to previous generations, they are far from "great". These consoles are still selling on hype and a promise of the future.

I will be more careful which of your words I nitpick in the future to avoid the confusion.

orochi91

You wish.

Everyone now looks like this.

13754410637703.jpg

PAL4Box.jpg

Chinese Paladin? The OST in those games are great.

Back to Sleep Walking Cents in particular. Simply amazing.

fallingdove

I don't want anyone banned, i just don't get why its 'open season' in every X1 thread, usually by the same avatars.
You can get banned for the slightest thing on here, i even got banned for posting the 'Dis gonna be gud' gif in a PS4 thread from ages ago, the thread where it came out about the 4.5gig of ram only used for games. Yes that gif that gets posted a 100 times a day on this forum.

I mean don't any of you get bored of it whenever you go in an X1 thread?

I don't know if these comments were directed at me but is the solution that we should just sit around and blow sunshine up peoples asses?

I have been very critical of Microsoft's strategy, of their non-gaming focuses, and this idea that the Xbox One has righted all of its wrongs. And I should be, I am passionate about gaming, and I have invested a significant amount of money in the Xbone and the PS4 in hopes that they will succeed. I enjoy GAF because it allows me to be vocal about issues I care about with like minded people. I get there is some egregious stuff that happens in these threads but to ban/censor counter points/arguments just because they are raining on our parades seems counter to what GAF stands for.

And lets not pretend that X1 threads are the only threads that see the seedy underbelly of GAF. I have seen the same thing in Destiny threads, in Forza Horizon threads, in Killzone threads. It is inherent to the nature of the internet.

Zabi

Banned
I think it would be interesting if China were to become the XBox One's primary market. If the XBox One's game library were to end up being strongly influenced by China, it might make the system more unique.

flkraven

Huh? -Never said that people aren't enjoying these systems, and am perfectly happy with where Xbone/PS4 currently are. But again, to further belabor my point, to say that the Xbone or PS4 deserve these sales because they are "great" consoles, is a stretch. By any comparison to previous generations, they are far from "great". These consoles are still selling on hype and a promise of the future.

I will be more careful which of your words I nitpick in the future to avoid the confusion.

I have lived through countless console generations and I don't understand this comment at all. Even after multiple reads. Could you please define 'great', and how this genration is 'far from' it in comparison to previous gens?

Alchemy

Shipped wouldn't be very impressive, but about what I'd expect from China. Market is just kinda re-establishing itself after years of gray market importing.

d9b

Banned
I think it would be interesting if China were to become the XBox One's primary market. If the XBox One's game library were to end up being strongly influenced by China, it might make the system more unique.

That would be great. Imagine the achievements ...

Unlocked: Name 50 Communist party members

china-18th-communist-party-congress-1607.jpg

Fun times!!! ;)

Odds on Chinese games coming to the US?

Depends the type of game I guess, and if the dev has the means to do so. For example, Neverwinter Online (F2P launch title for China) is coming west in early 2015. Naughty Kitties, that ID@Xbox launch title for China is China only with no plans to come west.

Big studios with a semi-western prescence like Perfect World can afford to bring over their titles, but smaller local devs will be very unlikely unless MS provides heavy assistance.

Not only that, but I think alot of posters are scared to even say they like anything on Xbox1. I know I am...

Oh, and trolling seems to be done on purpose. Like you said, same avatars on every thread saying something snide to turn the discussion away from anything positive.

This is great news. Why was the thread title changed to shipped ?

Do we even have confirmation yet ?

orochi91

Not only that, but I think alot of posters are scared to even say they like anything on Xbox1. I know I am...

Oh, and trolling seems to be done on purpose. Like you said, same avatars on every thread saying something snide to turn the discussion away from anything positive.

This is great news. Why was the thread title changed to shipped ?

Do we even have confirmation yet ?

Unless MS specifies sold through, it's best to assume shipped as they've done with all other reports this year.

fallingdove

I have lived through countless console generations and I don't understand this comment at all. Even after multiple reads. Could you please define 'great', and how this genration is 'far from' it in comparison to previous gens?

I compare it to athletes. When you are first drafted, you are unproven, you very well might be capable of greatness, but you haven't achieved yet what others have.

From a quantitative and qualitative perspective, neither the Xbone or PS4 match the library that any of the previous generations. Could that change? Absolutely. Both consoles are capable of becoming great but they don't come close to measuring up to the greatness that long time gamers have experienced on older consoles.

I don't want anyone banned, i just don't get why its 'open season' in every X1 thread, usually by the same avatars.
You can get banned for the slightest thing on here, i even got banned for posting the 'Dis gonna be gud' gif in a PS4 thread from ages ago, the thread where it came out about the 4.5gig of ram only used for games. Yes that gif that gets posted a 100 times a day on this forum.

I mean don't any of you get bored of it whenever you go in an X1 thread?

Yes

flkraven

I compare it to athletes. When you are first drafted, you are unproven, you very well might be capable of greatness, but you haven't achieved yet what others have.

From a quantitative and qualitative perspective, neither the Xbone or PS4 match the library that any of the previous generations. Could that change? Absolutely. Both consoles are capable of becoming great but they don't come close to measuring up to the greatness that long time gamers have experienced on older consoles.

So you're basically saying that the library of 1 year old consoles does not match the quality of libraries released during the entire previous console cycles? Is that just talking to watch your mouth move, because that seems like the most obvious statement in the world?

Also insane. Even if it was the sell-through number there's no chance it would match it's first day sales in week 2 or week 3 or any other non-holiday/non-huge release week.

well to be fair apparently there is some sort of holiday coming up

that being said lol at 100k/week being some sort of baseline, it can't even do that in the US

Sigh, another positive X1 thread ruined by the same people.
Maybe you should contact a mod instead of "le sighing"

I hope consoles find success in China. Should they get a foothold in that potentially large market, it could reduce the impact of the market contractions in other regions.

VinFTW

I've expressed my need for mods to focus on positive X1 threads (D4, Sunset Overdrive) on several occasions. IMO, it's wrong to bother mods about it, I'm sure they're doing their best.

Only so much they can do. There is personal responsibility for the people doing it over and over again (which they will never take).

fallingdove

So you're basically saying that the library of 1 year old consoles does not match the quality of libraries released during the entire previous console cycles? Is that just talking to watch your mouth move, because that seems like the most obvious statement in the world?

Talking to watch my mouth move? What - your question was rhetorical? If it's so obvious, why do you have such a difficulty understanding why people believe it? Or maybe you just wanted to find a reason to condescend. Any way you want to shake it, folks got way too caught up in me saying that their beloved console had not yet achieved greatness.

I have posted the pre-order estimate of 100k plus on gaf before (on phone can't pull my post history.)

Even though there were a good number of cancellations due to the three month delay announcement, I would assume it's safe to say this is sell through numbers.

That and it's smg talking about the sales, not ms. How ms deal with sales talk has nothing to do with the topic.

Yup.

China's population is pretty sizable as well...100k is small potatoes.

That's not a factor.

The legal retail console market in mainland China was very small and fractured. Nintendo's iQue buckled under the weight of illegal alternatives with very low lifetime sales.

So the fact that retailers are taking the Xbox One seriously with a 100K initial shipment is a very positive indication. It's the first step towards creating a legitimate, thriving console market in the region.

When the video game market began in the USA in the early 1970s, nobody ever used "Well the USA has 300 million people" as a factor.

ZOONAMI

XBOX ONE WILL DESTROY PS4 IN SALES (IN CHINA) BECAUSE CHINESE PEOPLE ARE COOL WITH AMERICA BUT DON'T LIKE THE JAPAN!

m@cross

I hope consoles find success in China. Should they get a foothold in that potentially large market, it could reduce the impact of the market contractions in other regions.

Exactly; if you think someone is a troll use the contact troll police button. Pointing at them publicly just feeds them more.

On topic; Coming from a Sony guy here, I hope it is sold through for similar reasons as this guy stated.

Top Bottom