• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One reach 100 thousand shipped in China on day one

Gskyace

Xbox One has reached 100 thousand in China on day one, according to the data provided in an interview with the vice president of SMG, Mr. Zhang.

Not sure it's shipped or sold, yet.

60ade0f3gw1ekuk4g7m0aj21kw0sqtce.jpg

Source:A9VG

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
China is a big ass market .. and Xbone is the only new-gen console officially launched there so far. It's definitely gonna sell a pretty number there.

slapnuts

we are talking about a country with over a billion people...wonder how well PS4 will do in China once it releases this fall...correct me if i am wrong about when PS4 does or did release in China. From earlier polls taken in China...i do know PS4 was heavily favored by Chinese gamers.

It will be interesting to see how the market in China take to console gaiming, it could be massive. But I guess the biggest fear would be the goverment would turn round and ban the consoles again.

Do we know when the PS4 is launching in China? although I am sure some people in China are already importing them.

Seems pretty good to me. It's pretty hard to judge without any historical data. What will be interesting is how sales hold up and how well softwares sales do. Considering the size of the market you also have to wonder how other consoles like the PS4 will do there. There is certainly a lot of potential, whether or not that will be reached is another question.

Edit: I guess this could potentially stop the market from contracting so heavily if such a large new one is opening up.

onQ123

100K in one day that's 1 million every 10 days! Xbox One will sell 36.5 million consoles by this time next year in China alone.

Xbox One saved!

sense

It will be interesting to see how the market in China take to console gaiming, it could be massive. But I guess the biggest fear would be the goverment would turn round and ban the consoles again.

Do we know when the PS4 is launching in China? although I am sure some people in China are already importing them.

Sony have said it plans to launch this fall but there were reports that it could be pushed to early next year.

Tak3n

Banned
Oh Gaf stop it!!!

this is like the 4th good news thread for the X1 in the last day......

Gaf will explode at this rate

and I hope that troll that posted the 'empty shops' thread before release date has enough balls to come in and apologise

fedexpeon

Banned
Is that good or really bad when looking at the %.
I am going to say for a launch, it doesn't look good when looking at the other countries sales numbers.
But 100k is still a 100k, so it is better than JP at least.

Oh Gaf stop it!!!

and I hope that troll that posted the 'empty shops' thread before release date has enough balls to come in and apologise

Apologise to MS, or else!

Really good, that's UK/Germany/France territory, and being Xbox, and with the grey market, and with only 10 launch games too. This is the first gen where consoles are getting officially launched in emerging economies, console gaming has a lot of growth in those places. With some effort and time, I expect the new markets to rival Europe. The PS4 has yet to launch and Sony will surely go all out with some 3rd party exclusives receive Chinese translations.

kyser73

So if I pull some numbers from my arse:

Let's say there are 100mn people in China with the money to buy an Xbone & Live & pay for software in an ongoing way.

If MS or Sony can ship to 1% of that population, they've sold a million units. Not big, but not chump change. If they can sell to 5% of that population, they've sold 5 million.

I don't know how accurate that population of 100mn is, but I don't see why expecting to sell to 5% of the 'we can afford this product' population of eager consumers, many of whom will be actively wanting to spend money, is an overreach.

Is that good or really bad when looking at the %.
I am going to say for a launch, it doesn't look good when looking at the other countries sales numbers.
But 100k is still a 100k, so it is better than JP at least.
Considering that its sold officially now for the first time in a strict region its definately not bad. Also have to consider it was already out there unofficially in the grey market.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh Gaf stop it!!!

is 100k out of 1,3 billion good?

Warriors . warriors everywhere...

Top Bottom