• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One reach 100 thousand shipped in China on day one

Dragon

Banned
I really don't like your tone. Rather respond to me in a civilised manner, or feel free to ignore the post.

You did just speculate without any evidence whatsoever. Regardless of that poster's tone, I don't think it's wrong to question your post.

Hindle

Banned
To tell the truth I didn't think the demand for consoles in china was that big. Surprising. It's going to be exciting to see how the console market develops over there. If there's going to be a surge of popularity. With their population, they could eventually contest the US as the main market.

Uhhmmm... I'm pretty sure there's atleast 8 million by now.

Yea, I think there's plenty of growth potential for China. The market could be in par with the likes of France/Germany this gen, if MS start acting fast.

Hindle

Banned
You did just speculate without any evidence whatsoever. Regardless of that poster's tone, I don't think it's wrong to question your post.

I used words such as likely, and could, which abiding by basic Englsh means I am speculating. I never once said I had the factual information.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
you got your billion and million mixed up bruh

3Gpey.jpg

I really don't like your tone. Rather respond to me in a civilised manner, or feel free to ignore the post.

Okay sorry that was uncalled for. Still my question is the same. How did you come up with that number? We have 0 sales data except for this vague statement of 100K reached.

bidguy

Banned
we are talking about a country with over a billion people...wonder how well PS4 will do in China once it releases this fall...correct me if i am wrong about when PS4 does or did release in China. From earlier polls taken in China...i do know PS4 was heavily favored by Chinese gamers.

it was a worthless online poll.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I used words such as likely, and could, which abiding by basic Englsh means I am speculating. I never once said I had the factual information.

"Likely sold 50k day one" is still based off of nothing. Speculating or not, the way in which that is framed suggests that something led you to believe that.

Why are people so excited about this? The Chinese government allowed MS to only ship 150k units till the end of the year.

And of course the 100k day one number is shipped.

Remember that on 10. Oct the iPhone 6 launches in China and the people there are willing to give their kidney for this phone rather than a console.

So out of the 5 million they are (atm) allowed to sell they managed 100K day one. Sounds good.

How can there be 1,3 billion people in China when there is only 7 million in the world??

Any sources about these restrictions?

smurfx

get some go again
how crazy would it be if the xbox one became a huge success there and made up for its poor performance elsewhere.

I'm not Hindle's biggest fan when it comes to his speculations and the way he phrases them , but arguing over it honestly feels pointless.

Thanks, that's why nobody should use internet translators for this languages.

Chinese and even Japanese can be particularlyconfusing when it comes to number translations because of the commonality of addressing some number roundings differently from western commonalities.

Like 10 wan is how Chinese normally call 100k. 4 zeros instead of 3.

Hindle

Banned
So you're saying they'll buy lots of PS4s?

Nah, France/Germany usually buy 4-7m consoles per gen For each of the big 3 hardware manufactures. So I think it's possible the X1 could sell the above amount over the course of the next 6 years in China.

I think the high price of the console in China is because they want to make money with it instead of software in a market dominate by f2p.

It's the same for many parts of Asia too.

Our consoles are overpriced compared to US and our deals are laughable compared to them.

Our only real benefit is that first party games tend to be a bit cheaper than retail $60.

Xbox One sales

Uk: 150k sold in 2 days
China: 100k (?) in 1 day
France: 126k sold by end of 2013 (40 days)
Germany: 100k sold by end if 2013 (40 days)

If China figure is sell-through that would be really impressive.

dose

Saying 'the X1 likely sold 40/50k first day, and could clear 100k by the second day', sounds like you pretty much know the figures, when you clearly don't.

Hindle

Banned
Saying 'the X1 likely sold 40/50k first day, and could clear 100k by the second day', sounds like you pretty much know the figures, when you clearly don't.

It sounds like I'm speculating, hence the words likely and could. If I had the info, I'd use language like definetly and has. It really is basic English.

Hindle

Banned
Xbox One sales

Uk: 150k sold in 2 days
China: 100k (?) in 1 day
France: 126k sold by end of 2013 (40 days)
Germany: 100k sold by end if 2013 (40 days)

If China figure is sell-through that would be really impressive.

If they have sold that amount, as said above, MS should be getting all big 3rd party franchises to the market. Each series has potential to generate real momentum for the console.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
That's a lot of Chinese people who own an Xbox.

There's also a not inconsiderable amount who don't own one.

Interested to see how the console market pans out there actually.

Serious question - Is China's Holiday season schedule the same as ours? Should we expect a Christmas bump?
I
No Black Friday. There won't be a November bump.

Christmas is partially celebrated as an event and shopping takes advantage of the mood, so December will have some bump.

February bump will be the biggest bump due to CNY. Chinese are the most loose with their money during CNY.

Top Bottom