• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Game Fest 2020 demo event set for July 21 to 27

Pallas

Gold Member
So on a scale of 1-10, how likely would a Cyberpunk 2077 demo will be available during that week? I realize the game is for the most part finished up, but just the thought of playing a earlier build would be a huge finishing touch to this.

Karmic Raze

I’m not Microsoft’s biggest fan, but this is pretty damn cool. I wish Sony was doing something this great on PlayStation.

I have a feeling they will want to test xCloud with that one.

Yes exactly what i was thinking. xcloud is supposed to be coming out this fall "officially". No better demo than to have all those games instantly playable with no download via the dashboard.

Its brilliant actually. Sells you on both products at once.

pr0cs

I fear they are going to open Pandora's box on this. People may make purchasing decision based on alpha demos.
Considering how hard it is for games to get noticed these days (there are no shortage of games to play on a myriad of devices) I think it makes sense and will expose a lot of possibly overlooked titles to a giant audience.

But I agree, developers will have to decide wisely if their game is ready to show, it could be really good for them if the game is fun and shows the core game loop in a positive light, it could be really bad for them if the game is boring due to not having enough time in the oven or really buggy.

Either way as a gamer I am excited to try a ton of new goodies, how could you not be?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Considering how hard it is for games to get noticed these days (there are no shortage of games to play on a myriad of devices) I think it makes sense and will expose a lot of possibly overlooked titles to a giant audience.

But I agree, developers will have to decide wisely if their game is ready to show, it could be really good for them if the game is fun and shows the core game loop in a positive light, it could be really bad for them if the game is boring due to not having enough time in the oven or really buggy.

Either way as a gamer I am excited to try a ton of new goodies, how could you not be?
Well I appreciate the opportunity to, don't get me wrong. I also like the fact that they are trying something new. I just hope it doesn't backfire for Xbox or the developers.

Edit:
Yes! 15min of Fable gameplay please
Wait, is that even possible? I mean Fable is surely next gen. I was thinkin maybe some indie games releasing by the end of this year, developed for current gen.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hellpoint (dev or not!).

200.gif
I was watching the AngryJoeShow on Twitch yesterday playing this. It looks a bitlike Dark Souls. Have you played it? Good? No?

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
This is just like when I got to go to gamefest 2015 and they had around 100 stations set up with early game previews. It was fucking awesome. Got some cool swag too and e3 tickets. the lines were so long at E3 to demo games I didn't even bother, I took the opportunity to soak in all gaming vibes and see booths.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, is that even possible? I mean Fable is surely next gen. I was thinkin maybe some indie games releasing by the end of this year, developed for current gen.
That's true, we'll only see games that will come out in xbox one, but they did say some games are really really early, so maybe they dumbed it down for Xbox one to show gameplay? Just spit ballin of course

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
That's true, we'll only see games that will come out in xbox one, but they did say some games are really really early, so maybe they dumbed it down for Xbox one to show gameplay? Just spit ballin of course

It would be great to get a chance to try Hellblade or Fable but I suspect Xbox will want to only show these next gen games in the best light.

We might get a taste of Infinite since it's cross gen, but I'm only interested in campaign so if it's there I hope we get something from that, but more likely it would be multiplayer.

II_JumPeR_I

Most of them are going to be indie games, but, still, that is amazing. Also, doubt Halo demo is going to be there - MS will try to avoid showing us an inferior version still a few months away from its release. Eventually they will have to, but now it will only create a shitstorm
They promised flighting for Infinite... so yeah sooner or later we will see the non Series x/PC version

Last edited:

xiseerht

I don't understand why some people say Indie games as if it is a bad thing. Bungie and CD Project Red are Indie . Just because it is an " Indie" game , does not mean it is some cheap trash game.

Flintty

I wonder if Voodoo Vince will be there. The trademark was renewed in 2016, when Big Phil was talking a lot about it. 4 years seems about right?

Shin

Banned
For current owners:
We’ll have more than 60 brand-new game demos for upcoming, unreleased Xbox games available to check out for free! Look for the special Game Fest Demo tile on the Xbox One Dashboard that week to find the collection of available demos.

Kagey K

Banned
I wonder if Voodoo Vince will be there. The trademark was renewed in 2016, when Big Phil was talking a lot about it. 4 years seems about right?
I thought he was just talking it up because of the remaster that came out in '17.

A new updated VV would be a nice surprise.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
First 20 games revealed.
#Funtime
#Funtime is an explosive twin-stick shooter where shooting isn't your only weapon.
Cake Bash
Fight to be the tastiest cake in Cake Bash! A frantic four-player party game where adorable drawn-to-life cakes beat the crumbs out of each other.
Clea
Outwit the Chaos Servants and escape from the Whitlock Mansion.
Deleveled
Master momentum in this unique jumping game that features no jump button! Preserve your potential energy and fall to new heights as you solve these clever puzzles and maneuver your way to victory.
Flowing Lights
Flowing Lights is an Arcade Puzzle Shooter. Each combat is a puzzle that will challenge your reflexes and tickle your neurons. Improve with each try, improve until the perfect run, there is always a smarter way to win!
Knight Squad 2
Knight Squad 2 is a chaotic arcade multiplayer game for up to 8 players. Pick an eccentric knight and fight for glory with wacky weaponry. Triumph over your friends in a ridiculous amount of game modes.
KungFu Kickball
KungFu Kickball is a team based fighting-sports game where the best ball kicker wins! Punch, kick, and headbutt your way across the field to smash the ball into your opponents' bell and rack up points!
Long Ago: A Puzzle Tale
Solve relaxing puzzles, enjoy a beautiful world and unravel a tale told in rhyme about a brave princess striving for freedom from the status quo.
Lost Wing
Pilot a super fast ship through brutal environments, and try to top the leaderboards! Featuring numerous challenges, ships, enemies and traps, Lost Wing is a shot of pure unadulterated adrenaline.
Mars Power Industries Deluxe
Mysterious puzzle inspired by 2001:Space Odyssey. Manage resources, solve challenging puzzles and uncover what lies beneath the surface! Year after year, strange happenings plague our tiny colony, darkness devours Mars. Your job as an Electrician? Bring light where darkness reigns!
OkunoKA Madness
Download and play the demo to become familiar with KA through six sample levels (out of the +100 of the full game) and a boss battle (out of 4 of the full game) to taste what OkunoKA Madness is and welcome Pink Pepper, one of the several bosses you will find in the full game experience. Pre Order OkunoKA Madness NOW! ---------- This exclusive demo includes: - Six game levels to experience OkunoKA Madness - One boss fight to leverage your skills
PHOGS!
In PHOGS! you play as a duo of dogs on a captivating, puzzle-filled adventure. Linked by a stretchy belly, you’ll need to bark, bite and bounce your way through obstacles set across the themed worlds of Food, Sleep and Play, in co-op or single-player.
Projection: First Light
Projection: First Light follows Greta, a girl living in a mythological shadow puppet world, as she embarks on a journey across cultures meeting legendary heroes on an illuminating journey of self-enlightenment.
Raji: An Ancient Epic
Raji: An Ancient Epic is an action-adventure game set in ancient India. A young girl named Raji has been chosen by the gods to stand against the demonic invasion of the human realm. Her destiny? To rescue her younger brother and face the demon lord Mahabalasura.
Road to Guangdong
A family emergency reunites a young art graduate and her elderly aunt for a memorable road trip across 1990s China. Settle into the driving seat for a moving tale of faded memories, family ties and generational angst. With tough choices at every turn, how will your journey of discovery end?
ScourgeBringer
ScourgeBringer is a fast-paced free-moving roguelite platformer. Help Kyhra to explore the unknown and slash her way through ancient machines guarding the seal of her past, and maybe the redemption of humanity.
Solaroids: Prologue
A skill-based spectacle of the classics of old with a dash of retro charm and a heaping injection of kick butt adrenaline. Master drift and upgrade your fighter to become the top pilot in the galaxy, or team up with up to three of your comrades and decimate the enemy.
Swimsanity!
Swimsanity! is a multiplayer underwater shooter with action-packed Co-Op and Versus game modes, all supported by online and local play. You play as our hero Mooba, who uses a variety of unique power ups and weapons to survive in this aquatic world.
Welcome To Elk
Welcome to Elk: Demo is the free intro of this upcoming biographical adventure set on an island like no other. Every character you encounter has a story to tell. From the weird and wonderful to the dark and desperate, all the tales told on Elk are based on true stories.
YesterMorrow
YesterMorrow is a single-player time travelling 2D platformer, mixing action sequences with puzzle elements. Follow the engaging story of Yui, who travels back into the past to save her family and the remnants of a world now trapped in Never-ending Night.

Pantz

Oh wow, no wonder I couldn't find screenshots. You play as a blind person. There are some slight visual clues but I've been playing with my eyes closed too.
Pretty cool

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Tried 9 monkeys of shaolin

Its ok but seems like it would get tiresome quick. And I love brawlers, but still couldn't finish the demo.

Banned
just played the Destroy all Humans remake demo... and I'm kinda disappointed.
they really just made it look better and barely touched the gameplay part.

I recently played the original as it was part of Games with Gold, and honestly, the only difference I could find is that the aiming on foot is slightly more modern and less dependent on the lock-on function.

that is a shame as the game did have some control issues IMO.
the spaceship controls for example are still as finicky as in the original... you still can't see shit due to that locked 45° angle downwards the camera is stuck at while flying and using the right stick to control you height instead of moving the camera up and down still feels as weird as it did in the original.

so honestly, if you don't have an issue with the game looking like an og Xbox game, then just play that version if you have XBL Gold lol.

reforen

So on a scale of 1-10, how likely would a Cyberpunk 2077 demo will be available during that week? I realize the game is for the most part finished up, but just the thought of playing a earlier build would be a huge finishing touch to this.
1, I don't think CDPR will allow normal people to play a demo, the journos had to wait around 2 years for a hands

DaGwaphics

Has anyone actually played Raji: An Ancient Epic? That was the one I wanted to take a look at first, damn thing doesn't play.

Top Bottom