• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One to only work in certain countries at launch

eX7F7kS.jpg

This is real. Just looked up the conversation on Twitter.

Krisprolls

Banned
This console must be some masochistic stuff. It's like they do everything they can to sell the smallest number of consoles and being universally hated.

GoxRx

Ok, this is it.

If I had any doubt about which console was I gonna get at the end of this year, thouse doubts are gone now. Well I'm sure MS doesn't care about what I'm saying, why would I live in Chile? I don't know but I do. Fuck you MS.

Nestunt

Yeah, you really could not think of more ways Microsoft could have fucked up their console if you tried. This will not fly if they sell consoles in countries where it won't work.

Thats the issue right?

they are not selling

they would not be that stupid right?

RIGHT?

DieH@rd

Banned
Somebody needs to ask him about retail disk authentication. If they reject users from unsupported countries, then they will truly be screwed.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Holy crap.

Ballmer's Finger, every product it touches turns into unsuccesful poo.

I feel for you xbox fans who live in unsupported countries.

This sucks. Until i hear i can log on to any other country regardless of xbox this really is some ridiculous shit. Right now i want to change my region from AUS to UAE - ive heard you can lose some games on this.

Also, switching from MS points to $$ is going to be a problem as i have to use my UAE credit card - if that means i have to wait for UAE support (It took MS 8 years to recognise the UAE) then im royally fucked.

Ill still wait to hear an official announcement from MS, rather than the twitter which isnt overly clear.

TrutaS

I don't even know why I'm shocked at this, but I truly am. How can Microsoft be more disrespectful than this and what else do people need to be totally convinced that Microsoft does not deserve their money?

This console truly is the voice of corporate minds: made for only the more fortunate, the more popular, the richer and those who just don't know better.

That's just dumb. Already didn't want one because mandatory online, but as I'm an expat in Africa MS doesn't even give me the choice.

Rich!

I wish I could see what's happening behind the scenes at Sony. They must be absolutely bewildered that Microsoft has not only given them a PR coup due to the DRM issue, but now they've effectively given Sony instant domination by default in almost every country in the world.

it's absolutely, utterly insane. Sony have already won this gen, and they technically havent done a single thing. Microsoft are being just lovely and helping them like never before.

lbk62

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Anyway im gonna migrate from my 360 to the ps4 so long microsoft.

i will only be back if they come up with awesome shmups

Birathen

Fuck, Sweden is on the list /o

Seriosly thou, why not just release the box in north america.. They are the only ones who might have use for it...

they have placed so many locks onto their console to the point that they lock out people who intended on importing it from former 360 supported countries.

Nestunt

I wish I could see what's happening behind the scenes at Sony. They must be absolutely bewildered that Microsoft has not only given them a PR coup due to the DRM issue, but now they've effectively given Sony instant domination by default in almost every country in the world.

it's absolutely, utterly insane. Sony have already won this gen, and they technically havent done a single thing. Microsoft are being just lovely and helping them like never before.

That is worrying me a little bit

What is Sony going to do with all that power?

charge more at those countries for example?

no competition

J-Rzez

This is most likely due to a lack of server presence outside of the listed areas rather than any sort of intentional directed hostility to the unlisted areas.

Well whew, and here I though MS was hoping to go to war with those countries and wiping them off the face of the map.

Zaventem

That is worrying me a little bit

What is Sony going to do with all that power?

charge more at those countries for example?

no competition

Return to PS2 dominance. 3rd parties will think it makes no sense to put a game on that system if it isn't selling well.

Top Bottom