• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One to only work in certain countries at launch

That will be 100% lied to us if it come out not like what she say

The rule of the game is patience. Right now we're hearing and reading contradicting information from two sides. Quite honestly Microsoft's customer perception seems like a major blur at the moment.

Its everyone's choice whether they want to gamble the risk or play it safe. But there's gonna be consequences.

Xbox support and twitter service are the bottom of the food chain. Like any other customer service, be it Sony or Nintendo.

They can't be accused of lying either. They are being paid to do what they've been employed to do: Sell. They're merely acting on behalf of their employer/business.

Unless it's confirmed and straightend out by Phil Spencer, Phil Harrison, Ballmer or Mattrick... I wouldn't take customer support's word for it.

The problem is by making us wait so long, MS have put consumers in a VERY tricky situation. Esp with expats living overseas.

This could be solved very very easily but its looking to be a nightmare right now!

Really hope this just ends up like the current 360 situation where you just need a live account from a different country.

THis might not be the best solution.

Case in point: I have a AUS account on a UAE 360. Right now, i purchase AUS points with my credit card.

If we have this same solution with the Xbox One, the problem is there are no points. So i will have a UAE credit card trying to purchase something on an Australian server - MS doesnt allow this. You need an Aussie Address and Credit card and billing address to make it work.

This doesnt make sense at all as some areas just dont have XBL support - so you are forced to make up a fake address and choose a new server - bypassing this by purchasing online points.

With a cash system..this is all ruined because i wont be able to use a UAE credit card with an Australian address.

The rule of the game is patience. Right now we're hearing and reading contradicting information from two sides. Quite honestly Microsoft's customer perception seems like a major blur at the moment.

Its everyone's choice whether they want to gamble the risk or play it safe. But there's gonna be consequences.

Xbox support and twitter service are the bottom of the food chain. Like any other customer service, be it Sony or Nintendo.

They can't be accused of lying either. They are being paid to do what they've been employed to do: Sell. They're merely acting on behalf of their employer/business.

Unless it's confirmed and straightend out by Phil Spencer, Phil Harrison, Ballmer or Mattrick... I wouldn't take customer support's word for it.
Well yeah that's why i say people need to tweet them to give everyone a clear answer(including me,i tweeted to them,but need more peoples to make them notice)

jaosobno

Check this out, and remember, if you travel, don't forget to pack you X360:

Xbone01.jpg

Xbone02.jpg

Xbone03.png

Forkball

It's mindblowing. Truly mindblowing. Even Nintendo products let you download and play games from anywhere in the world (though your eShop store is region locked to where you bought your Wii U/3DS). When NINTENDO trumps you in hardware features, you messed up.

Kolgar

How did I miss this? This shit is bananas.

Seriously, I don't understand the limitations MS has placed on themselves to even sell this thing around the world.

May they reap what they sow.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Check this out, and remember, if you travel, don't forget to pack you X360:

http://www.goodgame.hr/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Xbone01.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.goodgame.hr/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Xbone02.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.goodgame.hr/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Xbone03.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I kinda feel bad for the the person doing the chat. They have probably been bombarded with edge cases all day they can't really answer and just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

"hit us up when you need a hand with your xbox 360"

It's so passive-aggressive. I bet they had something much worse typed out before they hit submit.

Theonik

So Greece is not listed but you can already pre-order X1 at all the major retailers here. What is going on?
Most the ones I've seen list the release date as 2014 so you won't get your pre-order until MS opens NeoLive here. But the question is, why are you pre-ordering an X1.

Okay wtf Microsoft are you even trying?
It is one thing to have your executive fuck things up.
But have your support troll customers that is even lower then EA support.

I think this will be the first time in my life i actually have the money to buy something but the company who is selling the product wont let me use it. That's rather incredible.

RobbieH

Has any of the major sites picked up on this? This is pretty ridiculous!

Uhh...Joystiq and VG247. Marcus Beer has a Microsoft exec interview today (and an Annoyed Gamer) so that should be interesting. Outside of that there seems to be shockingly little interest in this.

I think this is some serious overreaction, but that's to be expected considering its Microsoft we're talking about; they have serious miscommunication problems both with the press and their potential customers. Chances are, things will work out the same way they're now. MS will launch first in major countries, and others will follow in 2014. They won't support other countries at first, but people will still be able to import the console and use Live accounts from supported countries.

You know what, FUCK the Xbox One. Even with certain excellent exclusives in the future, I don't think Microsoft actually deserve my hard-earned. The whole console is a clusterfuck of ultra cuntyness. And the camera being always connected? I have massive privacy concerns with that.

WTF happened.

I think this will be the first time in my life i actually have the money to buy something but the company who is selling the product wont let me use it. That's rather incredible.

All these twitter supporter reply are before chat supporter reply,so i'm questioning are these chat supporter get the memo about questionable region issue

There it is folks....

Something is seriously wrong here. MS have to get their shit together and start clarifying things once and for all. You can say anything you want about their policies, but their biggest mistake has been their complete inability to convey their intentions in unambiguous terms. They have serious internal communication issues.

Top Bottom