• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One wins 3 consecutive months in NPD for the first time, #1 UK, up YoY

It's declining, but it's hardly dead. Even still niche formats can last for years, like laserdisc. All the major movies had laserdisc releases and they had special features when it was never a thing on VHS.

I prefer digital for most stuff but you can't match the quality of UHD discs in any streaming format so I buy them because it's the best quality you can get. Also the fact that most of the UHD movies are not available in 4K HDR streaming outside of the US.

Aside from that, streaming isn't a selling point of consoles as pretty much every 4k TV has stuff like Netflix built in, you don't need a console for that.

The market for movies on optical discs may the declining, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it cannot be a purchase driver, especially if it's a USP.

wapplew

What were Sony's sales projections for this year? Like, 20 million? Do we think they'll still be able to hit that?

PS4 Slim seems to be doing pretty well in Asia region.
It's hard to get 500GB and 1TB completely sold out in my country. I think they'll hit that target. Slim might not be sexy for western market, but the price is very sexy for us.

I really fucking hate these posts and posts like it. Your basically saying "fuck options, less options are good because no one wants a disc, see sales are down 13.678733%, and u only have 100 movies to chooses from whaaaaaa."

Newsflash, peeps absorb all types of media. Be it streaming, downloading, or buying a disc. I do all three, because I have that option. Options are good, and in the case of this thread... x1s is the only console that does all three.

Yep. For me I consume all three methods and each have their time and place. Digital for portability, streaming via netflix, but when I want that HT experience with the best overall quality, physical format all the way. People nowadays are too much into absolutes. I mean, you can still buys CDs and digital music has taken hold of that market for how long now? Physical ain't going away anytime soon.

aaronwt

I'd say you don't know 5 people that have bought a TV within the past year then, because it's hard to find a non 4k display anywhere other then walmart

Not at BestBuy. If you go to their website only around 52% of their TVs are 4K(2160P). 36% are 2K(1080P) and 12% are 1K(720P) TVs.

Bowler

Yep. For me I consume all three methods and each have their time and place. Digital for portability, streaming via netflix, but when I want that HT experience with the best overall quality, physical format all the way. People nowadays are too much into absolutes. I mean, you can still buys CDs and digital music has taken hold of that market for how long now? Physical ain't going away anytime soon.

Agreed

Top Bottom