• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle

GiJoint

Majority of these limited edition consoles look like shit to me. This one included.

OG translucent green Xbox and the 500 mil PS4 pro are the only ones I like.

MaulerX

That's a pretty bad ass looking console.

Series X form factor will lend itself great for custom limited edition artwork. Can't wait to see what they come up with there.

Holy shit.

That's the coolest special edition console since the R2-D2 X360, and that was so cool I bought it despite already having a perfectly functional X360.

edNqjWI.jpg

Ovek

7Member7
Whilst I’m not the biggest fan of special edition consoles, I give Microsoft credit for going balls deep on the designs for them. If this was a PlayStation it would have just had the Cyberpunk logo printed on the console and the touch pad on the dualshock.

sneas78

Banned
Looks good, was expecting purple and pink colors tho. Can’t believe the game is finally coming out.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
One of the better special edition consoles, kind of sucks that it’s coming out so late this gen because I’d definitely get one if I didn’t already have a fully functional Xbox one x.

Note to self: Don't show this to Jim.

I agree, Jim tends to get overly emotional when Spencer and co put out a nice limited edition console. Make sure he doesn’t see this MHK.

T-Cake

Don't remember Xbox ever changing its green/black logo to a different colour either. It's a gaudy yellow now.

//DEVIL//

They had a special edition for the X (Scorpio) on launch day. They could have done a program where you got Cyberpunk the day it released for the one and got the console when it launches (or even a few days before launch)

Its no more nonsensical then releasing a console months before the game is out.

If anything it’s the last minute game delay that hurt everything, MS knows they can’t wait to release the special edition X until the game is out, but CD Projekt Red doesn’t want to release the game until it’s ready.

It’s a series of unfortunate events for MS, in this situation.
But didn’t MS say that the xbox one X will still be here for at least 2 to 3 more years with games supporting the platform ?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I suppose only die hard collectors with lots of money to burn will buy it. Everyone else will wait two more months for the next gen experience.

Ban Puncher

If it doesn't sound like a jet engine trying to suck-start a leafblower like my current white XboneX then I'll gladly pick one up.

This is the best looking limited edition console I have ever seen!

Might sell my current X to get this one! Hoped they would've done to for the XSX though

Too close to nxt Gen but I'm coppin this one, need to get rid of Scorpio Edition or trade it in on the spot.

They might have something for XSX in Nov but prolly not a themed console but a bundled digital copy of Cyberpunk.

Ban Puncher

It always amazes me when I read someone has a loud X1X
Yeah and this one was supposed to be the revision that wasn't a loud banshee. Thankfully the fans don't crank 100% all the time, just certain times like on the menus for Gears 5 (but not during gameplay). I mostly deal with this issue by turning up the game audio until I can't hear the fans or my neighbours banging on the front door.

-Troid-

Banned
I mean it's nice but at this point it makes more sense to wait for the inevitable XSX/PS5 versions of the game.

smbu2000

Why is this releasing in June when the game is supposed to release in September?
Why is it a One X and not a Series X?
How much does it cost? Where can I get one? ( :D )
Sony has done that before in Japan.
They released the Dragon Quest Heroes Metal Slime Edition PS4 console in December of 2014 and the game didn't release until February of 2015.
It also came with a code for the game that could be redeemed once the actual game released. (Buyers of the system could actually play it one day early.)

https://www.siliconera.com/dragon-quest-heroes-metal-slime-edition-ps4-comes-year/

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The controller is sick as fuck.

I'm not so sure about the console...they are kinda mismatched.

No way I'm gonna buy it though. I like custom controller, never was too big on custom consoles though my favorite look this gen was the God of War PS4 Pro.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Wonder why MS is releasing this three months before the game is out - will it come with a download code?
i thought the game got delayed until September?
The game had an original April 16th release date. These would have been planned for manufacturing long ago and it wouldn't make any sense to delay it into Xbox Series X production.
Likewise, holding these until the game release would be too close to next gen.

Better to get it out now and make room for the new consoles.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Why is this releasing in June when the game is supposed to release in September?
Why is it a One X and not a Series X?
How much does it cost? Where can I get one? ( :D )
Simple. It was planned for a game launch in May, then the game got delayed. By September (and the game might even be delayed again because of Covid-19) Microsoft doesn't intend to produce One X consoles anymore. That's a month or two (they could even launch in September) from launch of next gen at most. Hard to sell a $399 current gen console against a $399 next gen console just because of looks.

RPS37

Simple. It was planned for a game launch in May, then the game got delayed. By September (and the game might even be delayed again because of Covid-19) Microsoft doesn't intend to produce One X consoles anymore. That's a month or two (they could even launch in September) from launch of next gen at most. Hard to sell a $399 current gen console against a $399 next gen console just because of looks.
Makes sense. I think I’m gonna try to pre order one.

MadYarpen

I wonder how much will be the controller in my country. I need one, because my wife started to play the witcher again and I can't use DS4 on PC... The game is long so it's not like I'll have it back any time soon lol.

So if it is not much more expensive than the regular one, I could even consider it....

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It's been a month since we got these photos..nothing new on pricing or availability yet?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
All we know is that it will cost less than $2,000. It went up for preorder at the Microsoft store with that price but Microsoft took it down and said it was a mistake.

RPS37

When are they going to announce preorders?
They have an event on 25th it looks like. That’s far into June, if you ask me.

Top Bottom