• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced - Branding for games with Visual/Performance Improvements

According to MS poweruser all these titles are going to be native 4K

https://mspoweruser.com/heres-a-list-of-games-that-run-at-4k-on-xbox-one-x/

Over 60 titles and much more rumored tob native 4K at launch

Anthem
Ashen
Ark: Survival Evolved
The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti
Assassin’s Creed Origins
Astroneer
Black Desert
Chess Ultra
Crackdown 3
The Darwin Project
Dead Rising 4
Deep Rock Galactic
Dishonored 2
Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
Doom
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
The Elder Scrolls Online
Everspace
Fallout 4
Farming Simulator 17
Final Fantasy XV
For Honor
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Motorsport 7
Gears of War 4
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Halo Wars 2
Hitman
Homefront: The Revolution
Injustice 2
Killer Instinct
Killing Floor 2
The Last Night
Life Is Strange: Before the Storm
Madden NFL 18
Mantis Burn Racing
Metro Exodus
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Minecraft
Need for Speed Payback
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Outlast 2
Paladins
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
Portal Knights
Raiders of the Broken Planet
ReCore
Resident Evil 7
Rime
Rocket League
Sea of Thieves
Skyrim: Special Edition
Slime Rancher
State of Decay 2
Super Lucky’s Tale
Superhot
The Surge
Tacoma
Titanfall 2
Warhammer: Vermintide
We Happy Few
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
World of Tanks

Rumored titles

Destiny 2
COD
Battlefront2
RDR2

60 confirmed games, the unconfirmed list going over 100.

I said WOW

Needs Sunset overdrive and quantum break though

thelastword

Banned
No Halo 5 or MCC 4K patch? C'mon Microsoft you should go back and do updates for all of the first party games that have already come out.
And yet some people are suggesting that MS is doing a better job of updating games over SONY..I expected Halo5, MCC, Sunset OD, Ryse, Forza 6, Recore etc...to all have 4k modes on Day 1...I didn't see any mention of these titles...

Let's be honest, the only two games that I've seen make the cut due to Scorpio is Witcher 3 and DOOM...Now we all know that MS's marketing with W3 had a lot to do with that title getting an update now..We also know that ID expressed that they think 4k resolution is a waste of resources and that they'd rather concentrate on 60fps, so they were not too keen on upping the rez on PRO till now. Maybe MS asked them, but apart from this, all other third party titles on this list have been updated on PRO as far as I'm seeing here...

Ark: Survival Evolved
A lot of that list won't be native 4k, especially on the AAA titles, but there's no way ARK is 4k on Scorpio, it will never scale to native 4k even in a dynamic mode...This is one of the most unoptimized games out there right now....and it's nothing close to 4k on a PRO.

gamz

And yet some people are suggesting that MS is doing a better job of updating games over SONY..I expected Halo5, MCC, Sunset OD, Ryse, Forza 6, Recore etc...to all have 4k modes on Day 1...I didn't see any mention of these titles...

Let's be honest, the only two games that I've seen make the cut due to Scorpio is Witcher 3 and DOOM...Now we all know that MS's marketing with W3 had a lot to do with that title getting an update now..We also know that ID expressed that they think 4k resolution is a waste of resources and that they'd rather concentrate on 60fps, so they were not too keen on upping the rez on PRO till now. Maybe MS asked them, but apart from this, all other third party titles on this list have been updated on PRO as far as I'm seeing here...

A lot of that list won't be native 4k, especially on the AAA titles, but there's no way ARK is 4k on Scorpio, it will never scale to native 4k even in a dynamic mode...This is one of the most unoptimized games out there right now....and it's nothing close to 4k on a PRO.

To be fair day 1 is 5 months away.

To be fair day 1 is 5 months away.

I dunno about Sunset OD, Ryse, Forza 6 and Recore, but Halo is their premiere franchise. They should absolutely be "enhanced". Its ridiculous to not have them ready for something as important as a new console launch.

These are exactly the type of things that upset me about MS and 343. Its decisions that should be easy and yet they completely fumble on them. Just crazy to me.

hwalker84

It will be native 4K with a dynmaic framerate up to 60 fps with near Epic graphics settings. You don't have to believe me you just can watch this interview with the co-founder of the dev studio itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNINqHxWQB0

In this dev's opinion Xbox One X has a 50% advantage over PS4 Pro! Just listen,
it is a little bit hidden because both talking at the same time.
Where un the interview does he say native 4k?

Unity2012

Phil said 343 is working on updates for past titles in his gamespot interview.

Yes. It's still early, I expect that list to increase as launch day approaches. Nothing but exciting times ahead... from replaying games like the Witcher 3, Halo Wars 2, Skyrim SE and-hopefully MCC in 4K of some form. Great time to be a gamer.

Maybe 343 has a big update to post for their last content update for Halo 5. Probably want to Include​ everything they can to make it look juicy.

So ms.is just gonna let.them do the talking
.. maybe.

Colbert

Banned
Where un the interview does he say native 4k?

You are right, he doesn't say that. So it may is just 60fps at 1080p. There is some mixed messaging atm on this point. I think we will find out soon enough.

Edit.
If you go to the Xbox website it lists the game as 4K:

LrlDQSm.jpg

Source

Edit2:
Okay it is 1080p. Dev is quoted so in an article here: Source

Dev said:
We're not targeting 4K resolution or anything like that, instead we're targeting higher quality pixels.

f@luS

More than a member.
Any news about doom improvement ?

It's 10 bucks on PS4 and Xbox. Not eager to play especially but wonder which one I should take. Ps4 pro which is 1080p60 or Xbox and wait ...?

AtlAntA

Good job by Microsoft. Makes it easy to see which games are Xbox one X optimized or not. Unlike the mess Sony is making of it imho.

In this dev's opinion Xbox One X has a 50% advantage over PS4 Pro! Just listen,
it is a little bit hidden because both talking at the same time.

Wow there's some interesting stuff in there... So it's not just a resolution bump over xb1, they've bumped graphics from medium to epic, added draw distance, volumetric clouds, better lighting. Also interesting about the dev attitude to the X - seemed genuinely excited by it.

This is the kind of stuff ms should have had in their conference showing the benefit of the power difference.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Wow there's some interesting stuff in there... So it's not just a resolution bump over xb1, they've bumped graphics from medium to epic, added draw distance, volumetric clouds, better lighting. Also interesting about the dev attitude to the X - seemed genuinely excited by it.

This is the kind of stuff ms should have had in their conference showing the benefit of the power difference.

I think it was probably sensible to focus on 4K as the main benefit in their conference, so as not to concern the mass market over the validity of the S.

This stuff coming out now won't make it past the gaming media, and is probably the right target audience.

Trup1aya

No Ryse, Sunset Overdrive or Halo 5.

The main 3 games I wanted to get patches.

Ryse and Sunset were always longshots- crytek damn near folded and Insomniac is working on Spider-Man.

The Lack of Halo patch is disappointing though. I though it would be a shoe in since Forge PC exists.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Ryse and Sunset were always longshots- crytek damn near folded and Insomniac is working on Spider-Man.

The Lack of Halo patch is disappointing though. I though it would be a shoe in since Forge PC exists.

For some reason I thought that Halo 5 already included 4K assets, even before Forge PC. Is that right?

Trup1aya

For some reason I thought that Halo 5 already included 4K assets, even before Forge PC. Is that right?

The 4K assets existed before Forge PC was made, but they get downresed for the Xbox release- which is typical for how games are developed.

No Prey? Sure hope to see that fantastic game getting one. They do have Dishonored 2 on there.....

Watch Dogs 2?
Mass Effect Andromeda?

I'm missing a lot of third party games here. Hopefully they get added. Even though Ryse and SO won't get official patches, they still will benefit from X right? Just not graphically since they have no dynamic resolution, correct?

No Prey? Sure hope to see that fantastic game getting one. They do have Dishonored 2 on there.....

Watch Dogs 2?
Mass Effect Andromeda?

I'm missing a lot of third party games here. Hopefully they get added. Even though Ryse and SO won't get official patches, they still will benefit from X right? Just not graphically since they have no dynamic resolution, correct?

16AF for all games (no patch needed for all games including 360 BC catalog and coming OG Xbox BC catalog). They also mentioned faster loading times

nOoblet16

This. Next year will be the real beginning.

I would have loved to see sunset get it plus HDR.

Slightly off topic. But it's a shame that sumo didn't use the SO engine for Crackdown
Why would they?
It's Insomniac's engine and SO is their IP, not Microsoft's.

We saw Insomniac use that engine in Ratchet and Clank.

Yes. It's still early, I expect that list to increase as launch day approaches. Nothing but exciting times ahead... from replaying games like the Witcher 3, Halo Wars 2, Skyrim SE and-hopefully MCC in 4K of some form. Great time to be a gamer.
I'm excited because I've never finished Witcher 3, never started Gear 4 campaign, haven't finished Fallout, haven't started Halo Wars 2, haven't started Wildlands, etc

I have a nice 4k TV in the waiting so I'm dying to finally jump into those games and more I'm sure I forgot that will be updated

Lom1lo

Yep I didnt finish the witcher and any dlc of it. Look forward to do this in 4k (downsampled to 1080p). Dat IQ will be great

I suspect FIFA will be glorious. Man, looking forward to preordering this beast.

I'm very happy they've prioritised the Frostbite engine. It's a fantastic engine that has been a tad heavy for the base Xbox One and PS4, especially for 60fps titles.

Fifa, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Anthem, Mass Effect etc. it's being heavily used by EA!

Nah xbox one runs at 720p right ? no way this will be native 4k on the one x

It remains to be seen! I would like news on Frostbite engine games on this topic!

Top Bottom