Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Oct 9, 2013
I'm still discovering games that are backwards compatible :). Pretty freaking cool. I didn't know Bully was backwards compatible and got a re-release with the Xbox One/360 case. I just bought that. Also, Arkham Origins! Man I'd love to have them in 4K.

Rocksteady needs to enhance Arkham Knight too and I'll buy it for the X.

Nov 10, 2014
I'm still discovering games that are backwards compatible :). Pretty freaking cool. I didn't know Bully was backwards compatible and got a re-release with the Xbox One/360 case. I just bought that. Also, Arkham Origins! Man I'd love to have them in 4K.

Rocksteady needs to enhance Arkham Knight too and I'll buy it for the X.
agree.

Gdourado

Neo Member
Mar 31, 2018
Is there a list of optimized games that are better than on the PS4 pro?
Or basically due to the extra power of the one x, any game that is X optimized is better on the Xbox than on the ps4 pro?

Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Is there a list of optimized games that are better than on the PS4 pro?
Or basically due to the extra power of the one x, any game that is X optimized is better on the Xbox than on the ps4 pro?
The official full list of Xbox One X enhanced games can be found here: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list#tabletitle

Click on the "SEE ALL XBOX ONE X ENHANCED GAMES" link on that page .

As a general rule the X versions will always be significantly improved over the Pro in terms of resolution and image quality. There are only two exceptions to that that I can think off of the top of my head: Monster Hunter and Resident Evil VII. Both just got quick and dirty "enhanced" patches for the X. It's worth watching the Digital Foundry comparison videos for those titles if they interest you as the "superior" version isn't as black and white as it typically is with every other enhanced game.

It's worth noting that the X is silent (or incredibly quiet, at least) when playing games compared to the Pro. That may not mean much to you but it's a huge selling point for me personally.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2014
indeed! Loooks better than sonic forces. Only wish was that it was 60fps
So it doesn't look better in motion, it looks a lot worse. Having played Forces a lot (and really enjoyed the game), going back to 30fps is not possible for me.

Maybe that it looks fine on OLED TVs however. But on LCD, everything gets really blurry.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2015
i am looking for another xbox one x .. for upstairs but damn i can't find ANY deal been looking for 3 weeks now.
EUROPE only for fuck sake :(

Nov 1, 2017
Australia
i am looking for another xbox one x .. for upstairs but damn i can't find ANY deal been looking for 3 weeks now.
EUROPE only for fuck sake :(
E3 is only six weeks away... Can you wait? :D I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a price drop around then.

Wow! That is going to look absurdly good. Hopefully the team prioritises reducing controller latency this time around too.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2012
Battle chasers popped up as enhanced for me last night.. Just played and beat it a few weeks ago haha

*is there a list somewhere that we can filter to see when newly added games drop?

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2006
San Antonio, TX
So I've been checking things and I keep seeing people say that Xbox titles are X Enhanced even though it's merely the resolution bump (along with the other automatic bells and whistles like Vsync, more stable dynamic res, etc) and nothing more. I'm not saying the games aren't looking better in most/all cases, but they're not getting anything else enhanced, as far as I can tell. MS's listings don't even show them that way.

Jan 26, 2016
So I've been checking things and I keep seeing people say that Xbox titles are X Enhanced even though it's merely the resolution bump (along with the other automatic bells and whistles like Vsync, more stable dynamic res, etc) and nothing more. I'm not saying the games aren't looking better in most/all cases, but they're not getting anything else enhanced, as far as I can tell. MS's listings don't even show them that way.
In most cases X enhanced is exactly that. Higher resolution and sometimes effects. What else are you expecting?

Oct 29, 2006
San Antonio, TX
In most cases X enhanced is exactly that. Higher resolution and sometimes effects. What else are you expecting?
I'm guessing it's just nomenclature being used. When a title is XBOX Enhanced it usually has some other work done like it grabs more assets (textures, etc) and some BC titles have this (17 by MS's list on their site) but I keep seeing people saying Xbox titles are XBOX Enhanced as though they're the same thing and it confused me a bit, at first.

Jan 26, 2016
I'm guessing it's just nomenclature being used. When a title is XBOX Enhanced it usually has some other work done like it grabs more assets (textures, etc) and some BC titles have this (17 by MS's list on their site) but I keep seeing people saying Xbox titles are XBOX Enhanced as though they're the same thing and it confused me a bit, at first.
Enhanced is a very loose term. It just means it's taking advantage of the X in some capacity other than the built in extras that are automatically applied.

I could be wrong but I believe the OG games don't get the boosts unless you're on an X?

Oct 29, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Enhanced is a very loose term. It just means it's taking advantage of the X in some capacity other than the built in extras that are automatically applied.

I could be wrong but I believe the OG games don't get the boosts unless you're on an X?
They get the resolution bump and free vsync and maybe some other things like AF, but that's it. They certainly get a nice cleanup on my Xbox One at 1080p. I've yet to test any of them on my S, though.

Sep 2, 2013
Merely" a resolution bump and other goodies? What were you expecting as "enhancements"? lol

Hgher res (up to 9x), AF, AA, stable framerates, that is exactly what was promised.

Nov 1, 2017
Australia

I can't even...

He probably means option to do 4K OR 60fps. I doubt he means both simultaneously.
That would make sense and it would be inline with the current options in RotTR (high frame rate mode, native 4k or enriched mode). It still blows my mind that DOOM and Titanfall can reach ~4k at 60fps with what is effectively a netbook processor strangling the GPU. There is some complete coding witchcraft going on there by Id & Respawn (in conjunction with some clever silicon/API optimisation on behalf of the MS engineers).

I'm genuinely primed to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Red Dead 2 on the X later this year; they're going to look brilliant.

Last edited:

MadViking

Neo Member
Apr 8, 2018
Recently enhanced games

2018-04-27: Battle Chasers: Nightwar - 3840x2160, 4K combat and 1800p dungeons
2018-04-30: Immortal Redneck - 3840x2160, can drop to 1688p
2018-05-01: Battlezone Gold Edition - 3840x2160 HDR, near-4K rendering
2018-05-01: Super Mega Baseball 2 - 1920x1080, higher image quality
2018-05-02: Outbreak The Nightmare Chronicles - 3840x2160
2018-05-04: City of Brass - 3840x2160 HDR - higher quality lighting and higher quality shadow resolution/draw distance, higher framerate

Nov 10, 2014
Recently enhanced games

2018-04-27: Battle Chasers: Nightwar - 3840x2160, 4K combat and 1800p dungeons
2018-04-30: Immortal Redneck - 3840x2160, can drop to 1688p
2018-05-01: Battlezone Gold Edition - 3840x2160 HDR, near-4K rendering
2018-05-01: Super Mega Baseball 2 - 1920x1080, higher image quality
2018-05-02: Outbreak The Nightmare Chronicles - 3840x2160
2018-05-04: City of Brass - 3840x2160 HDR - higher quality lighting and higher quality shadow resolution/draw distance, higher framerate
Cool!

Feb 19, 2013
Brussels
i got my extra xbox one x for upstairs.
if you want your friends to stfu about ps4

let them play forza 7 on a 65 inch lg oled.

any other games i should really really get ?
Gears of War 4 is really impressive, especially the vibrant colors in HDR. When I bought my 4k HDR TV, I just wanted to try it for 5 minutes and I ended up finishing the game. My jaw dropped the whole time.

Another impressive jump is The Witcher 3, not only the visuals were improved, I don't know what it was but I felt like moving Geralt around was smoother and quicker. I didn't try yet the Blood and Wine expansion but the screenshots are pretty glorious.

Jan 24, 2015
Gears of War 4 is really impressive, especially the vibrant colors in HDR. When I bought my 4k HDR TV, I just wanted to try it for 5 minutes and I ended up finishing the game. My jaw dropped the whole time.

Another impressive jump is The Witcher 3, not only the visuals were improved, I don't know what it was but I felt like moving Geralt around was smoother and quicker. I didn't try yet the Blood and Wine expansion but the screenshots are pretty glorious.
well i bought the goty version .. witcher 3 is indeed amazing. playing PoE atm that game is also pretty beautiful man

Jan 27, 2018
Hopefully they announce Prey soon. Still holding off on that. I really wish M$ does two big things this E3:

1) more of "this is why you bought an Xbox one x", with a big list of enhanced titles and also announce a new title that ushers in the new generation of graphics on consoles

2) a "this is why you're part of the Xbox ecosystem". I love the gamepass, ea pass, BC, enhanced titles, etc. I think that's the right direction to go in terms of treating your brand as an ecosystem rather than discreet console entities.

Jan 27, 2018
I just picked up Diablo 3 UEE. Forgot it was enhanced and didn't pay much attention to it because I had played it on PC. The console version is $20 at Walmart (US) and it looks really good on the X. They made it more of a 3rd person hack and slash with a dodge button to boot. Looking forward to giving it a go with my partner in couch co-op. It looks very good from the 10 mins I quickly spent with it.

JohnnyFootball

The Last of Us may be third person, but it is hardly third person.
Jan 20, 2014
Hopefully they announce Prey soon. Still holding off on that. I really wish M$ does two big things this E3:

1) more of "this is why you bought an Xbox one x", with a big list of enhanced titles and also announce a new title that ushers in the new generation of graphics on consoles

2) a "this is why you're part of the Xbox ecosystem". I love the gamepass, ea pass, BC, enhanced titles, etc. I think that's the right direction to go in terms of treating your brand as an ecosystem rather than discreet console entities.
The press conference is two hours so there will hopefully be something like that!

Jan 13, 2011
www.youtube.com
Oh man want to talk about Crackdown Enhanced--it's still SO good! I played through the entire game and just had a blast. Funny thing is the 4k version basically makes the game look how i remember it looking. Also, I had a hell of a time trying to scale Wang tower at the end, so i captured a 4k video (4k still rendering as I type this) of me taking the sneaky path from northern outside part the building instead of entering at the bottom south side of the building (which is basically not that fun).

Anyone else playing through Crackdown again?

Last edited: