• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Masatshi

Dem bricks!!

Reminds me of the parallax mapping in perfect dark zero :)

I just installed it again and I was pretty amazed about the graphics and controls. It looks incredible now! they really did a great job there. somewhat glad I didn't sell it, now I can finish it finally...

splattered

Have fun signing away your rights to all those digital games you embraced. Hope none of you get falsely accused and MS takes all your content/licenses away because it's REAL.

Embrace your digital future! Many of you asked for it!

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/micr...ccount-balances.1461668/page-7#post-253224422
DeMeester: Read the entire code of conduct again. The Xbox Live stuff is CLEARLY listed in that section meaning all above it affects Xbox Live as well.

There is a separate thread for this, your posts about this don't belong in here...

solis74

WOW!

chvy4mX.jpg
V9A0GV2.jpg

EternalWolf

Neo Member
How does Perfect Dark Zero run on Xbox One X? I know on Xbox One there is no screen tearing with a slight dip in FPS(was already bad to begin with) but I was wondering if the X provided a better framerate.

EternalWolf

Neo Member
no idea, but a good guess would be it runs better

Yeah I'm just not sure how backwards compatibility or even One Games on the One/S and X work in this regard. All I know is that there are titles that are "enhanced" for One X and titles that are supported for the One X. I don't know if an old unpatched game will run better on the One X regardless or if all 360 games see improvements. All I know is that Oblivion saw, in what is IMO, an unprecedented boost in visual fidelity that we don't even see in some PS2 Classics on PS4. So my thinking was if the One S eliminates screen tearing from Perfect Dark Zero, does X improve the framerate? Does this work in a raw power PC type of way or do we only see improvements in "supported" titles?

arhra

Yeah I'm just not sure how backwards compatibility or even One Games on the One/S and X work in this regard. All I know is that there are titles that are "enhanced" for One X and titles that are supported for the One X. I don't know if an old unpatched game will run better on the One X regardless or if all 360 games see improvements. All I know is that Oblivion saw, in what is IMO, an unprecedented boost in visual fidelity that we don't even see in some PS2 Classics on PS4. So my thinking was if the One S eliminates screen tearing from Perfect Dark Zero, does X improve the framerate? Does this work in a raw power PC type of way or do we only see improvements in "supported" titles?

Any game (older, unpatched XB1 games, or emulated 360 games) can potentially see improvements from the faster hardware on the X, if it's not running at a steady framerate, or uses a dynamic resolution scaler. There's no throttling of hardware or anything to try to match an older system's limitations and specification (beyond possibly anything that may be necessary to get the 360 emulation working at all).

A handful of titles, Oblivion being one of them, run on an updated emulator that lets them override render target/framebuffer sizes so they can bump up the resolution to take full advantage of the X, by running at ~4K (technically it's running at 9x resolution - 3x wider and 3x taller than the original, meaning native 720p games hit 4K, but anything that was sub-native on 360 will be proportionally sub-4K on the X).

That's only available to a small number of titles so far, though, as there are some technical limitations on what games it can actually work on, and requires more work by the back-compat team (the implementation is tweaked manually for each game, with some getting additional benefits beyond the pure res boost, such as Assassin's Creed getting the shadow resolution boosted as well). And while they haven't said anything officially, I'm betting that they're being cautious (and probably seeking approval before going ahead) to avoid stepping on publishers' toes regarding potential remasters.

The OG back-compat titles are worth noting too - on the S, they run at 4x resolution (1280x960 for native 480p games, which was most of them), and on the X they run at 16x (2560x1920). And in this case, that applies to all of them - they're all enhanced on either system, the X just takes it further.

Last edited:
Any game (older, unpatched XB1 games, or emulated 360 games) can potentially see improvements from the faster hardware on the X, if it's not running at a steady framerate, or uses a dynamic resolution scaler. There's no throttling of hardware or anything to try to match an older system's limitations and specification (beyond possibly anything that may be necessary to get the 360 emulation working at all).

A handful of titles, Oblivion being one of them, run on an updated emulator that lets them override render target/framebuffer sizes so they can bump up the resolution to take full advantage of the X, by running at ~4K (technically it's running at 9x resolution - 3x wider and 3x taller than the original, meaning native 720p games hit 4K, but anything that was sub-native on 360 will be proportionally sub-4K on the X).

That's only available to a small number of titles so far, though, as there are some technical limitations on what games it can actually work on, and requires more work by the back-compat team (the implementation is tweaked manually for each game, with some getting additional benefits beyond the pure res boost, such as Assassin's Creed getting the shadow resolution boosted as well). And while they haven't said anything officially, I'm betting that they're being cautious (and probably seeking approval before going ahead) to avoid stepping on publishers' toes regarding potential remasters.

The OG back-compat titles are worth noting too - on the S, they run at 4x resolution (1280x960 for native 480p games, which was most of them), and on the X they run at 16x (2560x1920). And in this case, that applies to all of them - they're all enhanced on either system, the X just takes it further.

Good post. I came back to the thread to write a reply for E EternalWolf to provide similar information but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as indepth as what you just wrote.

Now I have more time to spend replaying Oblivion on my X tonight :D

Last edited:

solis74

this!

splattered

Any word on the division update yet? Pretty sure I had the update for it this morning but I haven't even fired the game up once yet... was waiting for this update haha (So I wouldn't necessarily be able to know the upgrade differences)

splattered

Dang I know different asthetics and all but just from those videos i'd almost say it looks better than Destiny.. not sure about the animations though? NPC characters seemed to move a little wonky maybe? Looking forward to trying this out soon! (And by soon I mean after I play and finish God of War ha)

Top Bottom