• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

solis74

indeed! Loooks better than sonic forces. Only wish was that it was 60fps

CLsEjxH.jpg
lBi2wVv.jpg
tKs2XT6.jpg

cool!!

pawel86ck

Banned

CLsEjxH.jpg
lBi2wVv.jpg
tKs2XT6.jpg
I wasnt interested in this game but I have to say, I'm impressed after looking at these screenshots and YT comparisons. To be honest some of these BC games at 4K looks more pleasing to my eyes than many new games :p

dolabla

Sonic Generations does look amazing. I bought it when I got my X.

When do they usually announce new backwards compatible/enhanced games? Is it the first week of the month?

I'm ready to see what they've got coming.

dolabla

I'm still discovering games that are backwards compatible :). Pretty freaking cool. I didn't know Bully was backwards compatible and got a re-release with the Xbox One/360 case. I just bought that. Also, Arkham Origins! Man I'd love to have them in 4K.

Rocksteady needs to enhance Arkham Knight too and I'll buy it for the X.

solis74

I'm still discovering games that are backwards compatible :). Pretty freaking cool. I didn't know Bully was backwards compatible and got a re-release with the Xbox One/360 case. I just bought that. Also, Arkham Origins! Man I'd love to have them in 4K.

Rocksteady needs to enhance Arkham Knight too and I'll buy it for the X.

agree.

Gdourado

Neo Member
Is there a list of optimized games that are better than on the PS4 pro?
Or basically due to the extra power of the one x, any game that is X optimized is better on the Xbox than on the ps4 pro?

Is there a list of optimized games that are better than on the PS4 pro?
Or basically due to the extra power of the one x, any game that is X optimized is better on the Xbox than on the ps4 pro?

The official full list of Xbox One X enhanced games can be found here: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list#tabletitle

Click on the "SEE ALL XBOX ONE X ENHANCED GAMES" link on that page .

As a general rule the X versions will always be significantly improved over the Pro in terms of resolution and image quality. There are only two exceptions to that that I can think off of the top of my head: Monster Hunter and Resident Evil VII. Both just got quick and dirty "enhanced" patches for the X. It's worth watching the Digital Foundry comparison videos for those titles if they interest you as the "superior" version isn't as black and white as it typically is with every other enhanced game.

It's worth noting that the X is silent (or incredibly quiet, at least) when playing games compared to the Pro. That may not mean much to you but it's a huge selling point for me personally.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
So it doesn't look better in motion, it looks a lot worse. Having played Forces a lot (and really enjoyed the game), going back to 30fps is not possible for me.

Maybe that it looks fine on OLED TVs however. But on LCD, everything gets really blurry.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i am looking for another xbox one x .. for upstairs but damn i can't find ANY deal been looking for 3 weeks now.
EUROPE only for fuck sake :(

i am looking for another xbox one x .. for upstairs but damn i can't find ANY deal been looking for 3 weeks now.
EUROPE only for fuck sake :(

E3 is only six weeks away... Can you wait? :D I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a price drop around then.

Wow! That is going to look absurdly good. Hopefully the team prioritises reducing controller latency this time around too.

Last edited:

splattered

Battle chasers popped up as enhanced for me last night.. Just played and beat it a few weeks ago haha

*is there a list somewhere that we can filter to see when newly added games drop?

Last edited:
So I've been checking things and I keep seeing people say that Xbox titles are X Enhanced even though it's merely the resolution bump (along with the other automatic bells and whistles like Vsync, more stable dynamic res, etc) and nothing more. I'm not saying the games aren't looking better in most/all cases, but they're not getting anything else enhanced, as far as I can tell. MS's listings don't even show them that way.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So I've been checking things and I keep seeing people say that Xbox titles are X Enhanced even though it's merely the resolution bump (along with the other automatic bells and whistles like Vsync, more stable dynamic res, etc) and nothing more. I'm not saying the games aren't looking better in most/all cases, but they're not getting anything else enhanced, as far as I can tell. MS's listings don't even show them that way.

In most cases X enhanced is exactly that. Higher resolution and sometimes effects. What else are you expecting?

In most cases X enhanced is exactly that. Higher resolution and sometimes effects. What else are you expecting?
I'm guessing it's just nomenclature being used. When a title is XBOX Enhanced it usually has some other work done like it grabs more assets (textures, etc) and some BC titles have this (17 by MS's list on their site) but I keep seeing people saying Xbox titles are XBOX Enhanced as though they're the same thing and it confused me a bit, at first.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm guessing it's just nomenclature being used. When a title is XBOX Enhanced it usually has some other work done like it grabs more assets (textures, etc) and some BC titles have this (17 by MS's list on their site) but I keep seeing people saying Xbox titles are XBOX Enhanced as though they're the same thing and it confused me a bit, at first.

Enhanced is a very loose term. It just means it's taking advantage of the X in some capacity other than the built in extras that are automatically applied.

I could be wrong but I believe the OG games don't get the boosts unless you're on an X?

Enhanced is a very loose term. It just means it's taking advantage of the X in some capacity other than the built in extras that are automatically applied.

I could be wrong but I believe the OG games don't get the boosts unless you're on an X?
They get the resolution bump and free vsync and maybe some other things like AF, but that's it. They certainly get a nice cleanup on my Xbox One at 1080p. I've yet to test any of them on my S, though.

rokkerkory

Merely" a resolution bump and other goodies? What were you expecting as "enhancements"? lol

Hgher res (up to 9x), AF, AA, stable framerates, that is exactly what was promised.

Mq3tmEI.gif

I can't even...

He probably means option to do 4K OR 60fps. I doubt he means both simultaneously.

That would make sense and it would be inline with the current options in RotTR (high frame rate mode, native 4k or enriched mode). It still blows my mind that DOOM and Titanfall can reach ~4k at 60fps with what is effectively a netbook processor strangling the GPU. There is some complete coding witchcraft going on there by Id & Respawn (in conjunction with some clever silicon/API optimisation on behalf of the MS engineers).

I'm genuinely primed to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Red Dead 2 on the X later this year; they're going to look brilliant.

Last edited:

MadViking

Recently enhanced games

2018-04-27: Battle Chasers: Nightwar - 3840x2160, 4K combat and 1800p dungeons
2018-04-30: Immortal Redneck - 3840x2160, can drop to 1688p
2018-05-01: Battlezone Gold Edition - 3840x2160 HDR, near-4K rendering
2018-05-01: Super Mega Baseball 2 - 1920x1080, higher image quality
2018-05-02: Outbreak The Nightmare Chronicles - 3840x2160
2018-05-04: City of Brass - 3840x2160 HDR - higher quality lighting and higher quality shadow resolution/draw distance, higher framerate

Spukc

i got my extra xbox one x for upstairs.
if you want your friends to stfu about ps4

let them play forza 7 on a 65 inch lg oled.

any other games i should really really get ?

Last edited:

solis74

Recently enhanced games

2018-04-27: Battle Chasers: Nightwar - 3840x2160, 4K combat and 1800p dungeons
2018-04-30: Immortal Redneck - 3840x2160, can drop to 1688p
2018-05-01: Battlezone Gold Edition - 3840x2160 HDR, near-4K rendering
2018-05-01: Super Mega Baseball 2 - 1920x1080, higher image quality
2018-05-02: Outbreak The Nightmare Chronicles - 3840x2160
2018-05-04: City of Brass - 3840x2160 HDR - higher quality lighting and higher quality shadow resolution/draw distance, higher framerate

Cool!

B4D1E

Gears of War 4 is really impressive, especially the vibrant colors in HDR. When I bought my 4k HDR TV, I just wanted to try it for 5 minutes and I ended up finishing the game. My jaw dropped the whole time.

Another impressive jump is The Witcher 3, not only the visuals were improved, I don't know what it was but I felt like moving Geralt around was smoother and quicker. I didn't try yet the Blood and Wine expansion but the screenshots are pretty glorious.

Spukc

Gears of War 4 is really impressive, especially the vibrant colors in HDR. When I bought my 4k HDR TV, I just wanted to try it for 5 minutes and I ended up finishing the game. My jaw dropped the whole time.

Another impressive jump is The Witcher 3, not only the visuals were improved, I don't know what it was but I felt like moving Geralt around was smoother and quicker. I didn't try yet the Blood and Wine expansion but the screenshots are pretty glorious.

well i bought the goty version .. witcher 3 is indeed amazing. playing PoE atm that game is also pretty beautiful man

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes

The Division. NYC in winter is jawdropping.

MadViking

New enhanced releases

2018-05-08: AO International Tennis - 3840x2160 HDR
2018-05-08: Conan Exiles - 2560x1440
2018-05-11: Hyper Sentinel - 3840x2160
2018-05-11: Sudden Strike 4 - 3840x2160
2018-05-11: Grim Legends 3: The Dark City - 3840x2160

Hotspurr

Banned
Hopefully they announce Prey soon. Still holding off on that. I really wish M$ does two big things this E3:

1) more of "this is why you bought an Xbox one x", with a big list of enhanced titles and also announce a new title that ushers in the new generation of graphics on consoles

2) a "this is why you're part of the Xbox ecosystem". I love the gamepass, ea pass, BC, enhanced titles, etc. I think that's the right direction to go in terms of treating your brand as an ecosystem rather than discreet console entities.

MadViking

Another enhanced update

2018-05-15: Descenders - Unknown
2018-05-15: Wizard of Legend - 3840x2160
2018-05-22: State of Decay 2 - 3840x2160 HDR, can go down to 2688x2160
2018-05-22: Tennis World Tour - 3840x2160

Hotspurr

Banned
I just picked up Diablo 3 UEE. Forgot it was enhanced and didn't pay much attention to it because I had played it on PC. The console version is $20 at Walmart (US) and it looks really good on the X. They made it more of a 3rd person hack and slash with a dodge button to boot. Looking forward to giving it a go with my partner in couch co-op. It looks very good from the 10 mins I quickly spent with it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Hopefully they announce Prey soon. Still holding off on that. I really wish M$ does two big things this E3:

1) more of "this is why you bought an Xbox one x", with a big list of enhanced titles and also announce a new title that ushers in the new generation of graphics on consoles

2) a "this is why you're part of the Xbox ecosystem". I love the gamepass, ea pass, BC, enhanced titles, etc. I think that's the right direction to go in terms of treating your brand as an ecosystem rather than discreet console entities.
The press conference is two hours so there will hopefully be something like that!

v0mitg0d

Oh man want to talk about Crackdown Enhanced--it's still SO good! I played through the entire game and just had a blast. Funny thing is the 4k version basically makes the game look how i remember it looking. Also, I had a hell of a time trying to scale Wang tower at the end, so i captured a 4k video (4k still rendering as I type this) of me taking the sneaky path from northern outside part the building instead of entering at the bottom south side of the building (which is basically not that fun).

Anyone else playing through Crackdown again?

Last edited:

MadViking

New releases

Gorogoa - 3840x2160
Dark Souls Remastered - 3200x1800
Shift Quantum - 3840x2160
Mining Rail - Unknown

Older games that have been recently enhanced

Neon Chrome - 3840x2160

MadViking

New releases

ONRUSH - 3840x2160 HDR, 60fps mode
Vampyr - Unknown
Shape of the World - 3840x2160
MotoGP 18 - Unknown
HITMAN Sniper Assassin - 3840x2160 HDR, 1440p 60fps mode like original game?

Previously released and now enhanced

Rainbow Six Siege - 3072x1728

Top Bottom