• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Just played it for about 30 min .game looks brand new.
With vsync off the game runs faster.
Heck with freesync enabled and a monitor.
We might have the world first high framerate video game on xbox one x. CANT wait for digital foundry BOYS

Bless what a
BEAST
E
A
S
T

Pantz

Gold Member
So the Prey DLC says it's X Enhanced but Prey base game does not. Anyone with Prey base game who can confirm if the enhancements pass over or not?

MrBenchmark

ZMC969M.png

munroe

Hmm only 1080p and dropping frames more than the base version... (based on that above comparison video) what's the power plant section going to be like then??

I just checked AC3 and it definitely isn't enhanced for the X after the patch. A sizable portion of my Xbox 360 games on my X also have an update pending so it looks like the BC team have pushed out emulator updates for a bunch of titles.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just checked AC3 and it definitely isn't enhanced for the X after the patch. A sizable portion of my Xbox 360 games on my X also have an update pending so it looks like the BC team have pushed out emulator updates for a bunch of titles.
I checked too. AC3 is definitely not enhanced.

A game getting enhanced is a semi big deal and MS would at least mention it on their twitter account.

Bottom line:
A BC game getting patched more than likely means an emulator update.

Last edited:
Don't play with my heart, MS, Fallout New Vegas has a patch queue'd

Edit: Indeed a false alarm, 447 meg patch for nothing as far as I can tell.

Though looking into it further some people are saying it's a performance update patch for BC.

Last edited:

Allandor

Don't play with my heart, MS, Fallout New Vegas has a patch queue'd

Edit: Indeed a false alarm, 447 meg patch for nothing as far as I can tell.

Though looking into it further some people are saying it's a performance update patch for BC.
maybe they are patching those games for their fast start technology. So you can download only a small part of a game and start it.

maybe they are patching those games for their fast start technology. So you can download only a small part of a game and start it.

I did play some of it, I hadn't played into it too much prior on the X1X, and it does run very nicely. Though it does need that X Enhanced Patch quite badly for the aliasing alone. Runs nice though.

MadViking

Time for another update...

New enhanced releases

Unravel Two - 1920x1080, 4k HUD
Jurassic World Evolution - 3840x2160 HDR
War Thunder - 3840x2160
Grab the Bottle - 3840x2160

Previously released and now enhanced

Prey - 2560x1440

Gideon_128

Looks like Far Cry 5 runs with a dynamic scaler on all systems.

PS4 uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being approximately 1792x1008 and the highest resolution found being 1920x1080. PS4 Pro uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being approximately 2432x1368 and the highest resolution found being 2880x1620, and this is downsampled when outputting at 1080p. Xbox One uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being 960x1080 and the highest resolution found being 1440x1080. Xbox One X uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being approximately 3136x1764 and the highest resolution found being 3840x2160. All four consoles often render at or near their maximum resolution, but the base PS4 in particular rarely ever deviates from its 1920x1080 peak resolution. Xbox One X does appear to stick closer to its maximum resolution, on average, than PS4 Pro does.

Last edited:

Allandor

Well … it get's really quiet here...
Where are the x-enhanced patches, what's taking so long. E.g. Halo Masterchief edition was originally annonced for Q1 2018 and well it is still not out.
And the other publishers seem not to want to release patches for their older games.
I don't expect every old game in 4k, but there could be a lot more patches out there that use at least the "half"-xbox X to increase resolution to 1080p or 1440p. Those patches should be somehow easy to implement by all the power the xbox one x has compared to the base xbox one.
Is there so much that must be changed in order to run a game with a decent resolution boost? (still not talking about 4k)

I Also hope more BC titles get enhanced, too, but with those I can at least understand why this needs time. But maybe they should just implement something similar for base xbox one titles.

MadViking

New enhanced releases

Yet Another Zombie Defense HD - 3840x2160
Far Cry 3 Classic Edition - 2560x1440
Lumines Remastered - 3840x2160
NieR:Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition - 3840x2160 HDR, with reconstruction/checkerboarding
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit - Unknown
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - 3840x2160 HDR
The Crew 2 - 3840x2160

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
How on earth is farcry 3 only that resolution?

Also, I thought I saw something about NieR being less than 4k? I’m hoping to pick it up soon myself.

New enhanced releases

NieR:Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition - 3840x2160 HDR, with reconstruction/checkerboarding
The Crew 2 - 3840x2160

Crew 2 no HDR seriously?

How on earth is farcry 3 only that resolution?

Far Cry 3 is sadly just an ultra cheap port, that has been farmed off to a bunch of imbeciles to sell as a cheap bonus for "season pass" buyers. It's a symptom of the microtransaction disease and not a genuine port. There's no reason for it to run in the state it does on X hardware but it is what it is. Just cancel that Ubisoft AC Odyssey pre-order until they wipe their own butt and fix the dirty mess that they've left on the floor.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
New enhanced releases

The Crew 2 - 3840x2160
According to DF The Crew 2 is 1800p

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Far Cry 3 is sadly just an ultra cheap port, that has been farmed off to a bunch of imbeciles to sell as a cheap bonus for "season pass" buyers. It's a symptom of the microtransaction disease and not a genuine port. There's no reason for it to run in the state it does on X hardware but it is what it is. Just cancel that Ubisoft AC Odyssey pre-order until they wipe their own butt and fix the dirty mess that they've left on the floor.
You’re being a bit hyperbolic. Yes it was a port clearly done on the cheap but as a part of the season pass it’s decent.

Would it be nice if they gave it the Metro Redux treatment? Yes, but it’s perfectly playable.

Last edited:

arhra

Also, I thought I saw something about NieR being less than 4k? I’m hoping to pick it up soon myself.
It's a somewhat rough reconstructed 4K, from what I can tell, with obvious fringing artifacts if you take a screenshot and zoom in, and some effects (such as motion blur) running at lower resolutions (although those aren't generally noticeable except in static screenshots)..

Still a fairly impressive showing given how it runs on other platforms (only 1080p on PS4 Pro, and a poor PC port that needs a third-party mod to even approach decent performance even on high-end hardware).

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Can somebody @me when Def Jam gets backwards comparability? I'll buy an X for that one game. Come on MS...

MadViking

Isn't everything on the MS list 4k that has a resolution greater than 1080p? That logo just means it will look better with xbox one x but not that it can really reach 4k.

Most games which are not at least dynamic 4k or cb 4k do not have this logo. But there are some exceptions, where just 4k UI is enough to get it, even though the the rest of the game is rendered at much lower res.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Is the Xbox One Enhanced Xbox 360 version better? Wouldn't surprise me.

Is the Xbox One Enhanced Xbox 360 version better? Wouldn't surprise me.

I didn't think that the Xbox 360 version of FC3 was enhanced?

Either way, the new version of Far Cry 3 is massively improved from the last gen console version. JohnnyFootball JohnnyFootball is right in saying that I was being a tad hyperbolic in my original post. The new version is massively improved from the original. But it's still incredibly disappointing overall as there's no AA on the Xbox One / X version at all. Compared to the PC version it's just a quick and dirty cash-grab. But it's still an improvement over the Xbox 360 version. That's not saying much though. It's a missed opportunity IMO. FC3 deserved more effort on behalf of Ubisoft and the contracted dev team as it's a fantastic game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom