• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Dibils2k

Are you serious? Andromeda got X enhanced!?

I gave it another go on EA Access but 900p on a 4k TV eventually took its toll, would jump back in for a good res bump

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I started it on PS4 but considering how annoyingly loud my Pro gets, I wouldn’t mind starting over on the X if it’s a significant jump over the Pro version.

Dethavin

Neo Member
Hmmm I just saw this regarding ME:A and turned on my X to see if was showing under X Enhanced games and its not... for me at least.

Caayn

The X enhanced flag on my system is set to true for ME:Andromeda :)

Just booted the game up and it looks clean. The prerendered animated loading screens (such as when you move between surface and the tempest) are still at a low resolution. Guessing that they didn't replace the source files for that.

Allandor

Mhh, it Andromeda is in the x-enhanced list but does not have a 4k logo, just a HDR logo.
I really hope they did not just increase the res to 1080p like the batman game. Well at least every game that has a res beyond 1080p was marked as 4k .. but on the other hand, not even Halo 3 has the 4k logo. And that really got an x-patch for near 4k res. Since when is this list so accurate about the 4k res?

Well hopefully this means x-enhanced patches also for the mass effect trilogie … just hoping.

Dethavin

Neo Member
Mhh, it Andromeda is in the x-enhanced list but does not have a 4k logo, just a HDR logo.
I really hope they did not just increase the res to 1080p like the batman game. Well at least every game that has a res beyond 1080p was marked as 4k .. but on the other hand, not even Halo 3 has the 4k logo. And that really got an x-patch for near 4k res. Since when is this list so accurate about the 4k res?

Well hopefully this means x-enhanced patches also for the mass effect trilogie … just hoping.

I very highly doubt it, I think this was just a one off gesture to show that while yes ME:A was a complete fiasco from start to finish, They still have love for the franchise and that they nor EA has killed it off internally. Personally I think its going to be a very long time before we see the next installment as their entire focus right now is on Anthem and then it will be switching over to the new Dragon Age and then I imagine they will start on ME once again. I cannot possibly imagine seeing another ME title until 2023-2025.

MadViking

New enhanced releases

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 3840x2160 HDR
Call of Cthulhu - Unknown
Super Pixel Racers - 3840x2160
LEGO Harry Potter Collection - 3840x2160
GRIP - 3840x2160 HDR
World of Final Fantasy Maxima - 3840x2160
Brawlhalla - 3840x2160
11-11 Memories Retold - Unknown
Doodle God: Crime City - 3840x2160
Noir Chronicles: City of Crime - 3840x2160

Previously released and now enhanced

Darksiders Warmastered Edition - 3840x2160
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Unknown HDR

Zimmy68

Man I wish they would enhance Arkham Knight.
It is staring at me for $10 but I ain't biting without some X goodness.

MadViking

New enhanced releases

HITMAN 2 - 3840x2160 HDR
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - 2560x1440
Fallout 76 - 3840x2160 HDR
Farming Simulator 19 - Unknown
Bendy and the Ink Machine - 3840x2160
Battlefield V - 3840x2160
NeuroBloxs - 3840x2160
Storm Boy - 3840x2160
Eternal Card Game - 3840x2160
Achtung! Cthulu Tactics - 3840x2160
Darksiders III - 3840x2160 HDR
Horizon Chase Turbo - 3840x2160
My Little Riding Champion - 3840x2160
Big Bash Boom - 3840x2160
GoatPunks - 3840x2160
RIDE 3 - 3840x2160 HDR
The First Tree - Unknown
Party Jousting - 3840x2160
Just Cause 4 - 3840x2160 HDR
Override: Mech City Brawl - 3840x2160
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - 3200x1800
Subnautica - 2560x1440
Energy Cycle Edge - 3840x2160
Jagged Alliance: Rage! - 3840x2160
Ashen - 3840x2160

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
So, just finished a 100% playthrough of darksiders 1. 4k and 60fps... what an utter joy to play. My first time playing it too. For some reason I never got around to it back in the day.

Even though i owned the second one for a long time, I never put any time into it. But I just started it again...

And erm...

Well, this is a huge jump back. 1080p and 30fps... ugh.., and not the gold kind of 30fps either, I’m talking the horrible makes you want to stop 30.

I’ve been keeping an eye out for this X patch and there’s STILL no word on it? Only that it was supposed to be out a few weeks ago...?

I’m hoping it hasn’t been cancelled. 4k/60 is a dream. 4k/30 I can live with. 1080p/60 would be fantastic.

Just some, ANY news... would be nice?

MadViking

New enhanced releases

On A Roll 3D - 3840x2160
Kingdom: Two Crowns - 3840x2160 HDR
FINAL FANTASY XV: COMRADES - 3840x2160 HDR
Below - 3840x2160
Big Crown: Showdown - Unknown
Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne - 3840x2160

Hitman HD Enhanced Collection (Blood Money + Absolution)

Hitman HD Enhanced Collection announced for Xbox One

"Afew weeks ago, a listing for a "Hitman HD Enhanced Collection" appeared on various European retailers. A lot of individuals attributed this to an error because these games are already backward compatible, but it turns out IO Interactive is rereleasing them. "

Achieves 4K 60 FPS on Xbox One X.
  • 4K 60 FPS visuals.
  • Increased texture resolution.
  • Upgraded texture formats.
  • Supersampling.
  • Upscale support.
  • Heightened shadow map and mirror resolutions.
  • Improved lighting.
  • Updated controls for a more fluid experience.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This is always one of my favorite threads to open as I love the excitement of seeing which title got enhanced.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Metro Redux are the two games I am waiting for.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Why would Fromsoftware make a Dark Souls 3 Pro patch but not an X patch? :messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:
Dark Souls 3 got it's Pro patch in March of 2017 (and it was a mediocre patch that merely unlocked the framerate) which was 9 months before the X was released.
They probably felt it made little sense to release it then since the game was getting close to 2 years old.

It's a shame, because a patch could have really worked wonders for the game. Now you guys know how we feel without a Bloodborne patch.

Several other games have received Pro patches but not X patches. Deus Ex Mankind Divided is another that springs to mind. It's a shame because it looks hideous on the X1 and looks fabulous on the Pro.

Having said that, this brings me up to my main criticism of Sony and MS: They don't do enough to support their more powerful consoles. I would have loved it if both MS and Sony had given resources so that many favorites could get Pro/X upgrades.

As it currently stands, Metro Redux is my number one title I want to get an X update and it seems like MS and 4A are missing an opportunity as patching those games from their 900p resolution to something much higher would be a great way to get people excited for Metro Exodus.

Last edited:

Meh3D

Has anyone been playing FF13 on XBX now that it is enhanced? Never finished the game on PS3 and I’m considering trying it again on XBX. Does it feel remastered?

Ulysses 31

Has anyone been playing FF13 on XBX now that it is enhanced? Never finished the game on PS3 and I’m considering trying it again on XBX. Does it feel remastered?
Dunno about the feel but the looks are very improved as pointed out by the Digital Foundry video.

Last edited:

IMO it does. If you want to revisit the game, it's one of the best ways to do so. It looks stunning even after all of this time.

It converted me from being a Final Fantasy 13 naysayer to a fan. I originally picked it up on day one for my PS3 but I never really gave it a proper shot. The ~4k upgrade on the X made me give it another look and once the combat clicked with me, I was sold me on the game completely. It's fantastic.

Last edited:

Meh3D

IMO it does. If you want to revisit the game, it's one of the best ways to do so. It looks stunning even after all of this time.

It converted me from being a Final Fantasy 13 naysayer to a fan. I originally picked it up on day one for my PS3 but I never really gave it a proper shot. The ~4k upgrade on the X made me give it another look and once the combat clicked with me, I was sold me on the game completely. It's fantastic.

Exactly the same with me. Picked up the game day one and didn’t like it. Stopped playing it before getting to grand pulse. (Vanile, Snow, and Hope annoyed the crap out of me.)

I’m going to pick up the game digitally.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Are all enhanced games true 4K rather than checkerboard like PS4? Is there an up to date list 're resolutions for XBX games?

I have a GTX 1070 in my laptop so curious where it would be best to play some 3rd party games and where to spend my money. Don't own an XBX yet but getting pretty close to wanting one.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Best bet for an overall list with good info is here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_X_enhanced_games

Tons of games are true 4k. I personally wish they would more often use checkerboard or dynamic to get the framerates up or more stable, but then on my setup I can't tell the difference from 1440p when things are in motion, so I guess I'm not very picky about ultra fidelity.

I have a 1070ti in my desktop, which is an i7 8700 with 32gb ram. There are still times when Xbox is the better place to play a game, whether from perfected optimization on console, limitations of the PC port to properly optimize settings, a preferable player pool online, etc. The most consistent benefit on PC is fast load times. Console hard drives and CPUs barely manage at getting all these high-end assets out in a timely manner.

Often it is difficult to get my PC to do 4k well because the stages of variance for game assets in settings aren't good enough. PC game assets are generally future-proofed, so high settings will have crazy shadows, DoF, AO, whatever that boost the framebuffer too high to work well at 4k, but if I drop them down in settings it will look worse than console. If I had greater control over things like individual post-process levels and detail mesh distances and such I could work it out, but then it'd still be a pain in the ass to set up. So it can often be better to just go 1440p for a smooth 60fps than dick around in settings and ini files.

Consoles can in some cases take this headache away from you and offer something great. Stuff like BLOPS4 for example, is perfectly fine in every way. However, other times you'll get something like Sea of Thieves insisting to be 4k and running at like 15fps in many areas (this was at launch, don't know if it has improved) and compared to that some quick priority decisions in PC settings just gives you a massively better experience. That said, if you're fine with 30fps if you get 4k in return, One X gives that guarantee very often.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Thanks for the list. Pretty crazy that some of these games are pushing full 4k. I'll keep it handy for future reference.

I have a ASUS ROG GL702VS wiyth an I7 7700, no idea if it is a good I7 processor or not. I havent pushed it hard yet due to playing console games. Going to play through the Batman and Resident Evil games soon though. Will see how Arkham Knight, RE2 and RE7 go.

But yeah, having console that does 4k and just works without fiddling would be nice. having HDR just work is nice too.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Thanks for the list. Pretty crazy that some of these games are pushing full 4k. I'll keep it handy for future reference.

I have a ASUS ROG GL702VS wiyth an I7 7700, no idea if it is a good I7 processor or not. I havent pushed it hard yet due to playing console games. Going to play through the Batman and Resident Evil games soon though. Will see how Arkham Knight, RE2 and RE7 go.

But yeah, having console that does 4k and just works without fiddling would be nice. having HDR just work is nice too.
An i7 7700 is a fine processor for now, although since AMD blew the floodgates open with more cores it may have a much shorter shelf life than expected.

Paired with a 1070 GTX will give you great gaming, but very few games will run well at 4K. 1440p gaming should be outstanding.

Last edited:

MadViking

New enhanced games

Donut County - 3840x2160 HDR
Final Star - 3840x2160
Absolver - 3840x2160
Hive Jump - 3840x2160
Hitman: Absolution HD - 3200x1800
Hitman: Blood Money HD - 3200x1800
Smoke And Sacrifice - 3840x2160
Planet RIX-13 - 3840x2160
Guacamelee! 2 - 3840x2160
Realm Royale - 3840x2160
Unruly Heroes - 3840x2160
Resident Evil 2 - 2880x1620 cb
Steamroll - 3840x2160

Previously released and now enhanced

>observer_ - Unknown

xion4360

RE2 checkerboard? II thought DF couldnt tell just figured there was maybe some form of reconstruction.

The lists often have games at 2160p that are not natively 4K so I guess its a generalization.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if there's any chance that Ridge Racer 6 will ever be on the list? Been hoping for ages now... :messenger_sad_relieved:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Just Cause 4 - 3840x2160 HDR

Another case of sounds good on paper, but looks awful in person. Stop wasting GPU power on pixels and use them on core rendering, post-processing and better AA.

Allandor

Another case of sounds good on paper, but looks awful in person. Stop wasting GPU power on pixels and use them on core rendering, post-processing and better AA.
Well, resolution is easy to patch in. Details are much harder, because depending on the situation, details could easily bottleneck every gpu, while resolution is far easier to predict.
But I'm with you, I would always prefer details over resolution.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
An i7 7700 is a fine processor for now, although since AMD blew the floodgates open with more cores it may have a much shorter shelf life than expected.

Paired with a 1070 GTX will give you great gaming, but very few games will run well at 4K. 1440p gaming should be outstanding.
The laptop he's speaking of has a 1080p screen that does 120fps with gysync. It's perfectly suited to the processor and GPU.

ASUS put out something about their upcoming ROG stuff at CES having 4k panels and I'm like wtf are you gonna do with 4k on a 17" screen? If it's for setting to a larger screen, why would you get a laptop just to desktopify it? Comparing to my 32" 4k monitor I could see benefits of 1440p on a laptop, but 4k? That's outrageous and the power isn't even there in laptops yet.

X GOD FIST X

Neo Member
So DARKSIDERS 2 Deathinitive Edition was announced to be getting an XBOX ONE X patch November 2018. It's now APRIL 2019.... just a little late. The xbox website shows it as "coming soon" status (for like the last 4 months).

While I appreciate that they don't have to patch these games to run higher frame rates and resolutions but they do, at the same time don't make a promise and then not deliver. Everyday I wait for DARKSIDERS 2 in 4K.. and wait ... and wait. THQ NORDIC needs to get on the ball here. They could at least keep the gaming press in the loop so we would know the status of the update.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SEEING THE FIRST DARKSIDERS IN 4K !
That's why it's agonizing not having DARKSIDERS 2 DEATHINITIVE EDITION in 4K.
Then you have the 3rd game with nice graphics..... Kinda like a turd in between two nice pieces of bread. A crap sandwich.

I've emailed Gunfire who said THQ NORDIC is in charge of it. Emailed THQ Nordic................................................... silence................. no reply.
If anyone has a contact at THQ NORDIC please tell them to give us a press release on the state of this update for XBOX ONE X and PS4.

Top Bottom