• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

It's pretty telling that I'm more interested in purchasing this as a 4k blu ray player than as a gaming console. I think it's finally time for me to build a gaming PC.

I didn't buy and don't plan to buy a pro because there's no 4k blu ray. For me, I get a quality UHD player that will allow me to play what current and future true XBox one exclusives there are in 4k.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Seriously, why would anyone preorder it when you'll be able to buy it much cheaper a few months after its launch?

And it won't sell out, either.

Because I want to have it as soon as it comes out and I have the disposable income to do so.

The size means jack if it sounds like a turbine, I wanna know how loud it is.

Still, I want one (and I will be preordering) - but it's likely to be £450/500 which is a heck of a lot of cash.

It's got liquid cooling, so that probably means minimal fan noise, if any at all.

Intrigues me, but need to get a Switch first. If the it really runs games at 4k/60fps and it's not just bullshit then I might get one down the line

knitoe

I have no idea why I am preordering one, but I have to get the "best" version. I can easily see it dropping to $399 within 6-12 months.

here a better picture for your OP

DCE5lJnVwAAyDkM.jpg:large

I didn't buy and don't plan to buy a pro because there's no 4k blu ray. For me, I get a quality UHD player that will allow me to play what current and future true XBox one exclusives there are in 4k.
See that's the thing; I wanted to buy this thing this year. Never got an Xbox One, but I just can't justify 500 bucks for what's available right now. I bought a Pro even though it doesn't support 4k blu ray because Sony has the games I wanna play; I didn't see anything that screamed must have from MS today. I need to see some comparisons between Pro and X running the same games; I wanna see just how much of an advantage this thing has with multiplats. That might push me to impulse buy it earlier, but right now I can't pull that trigger.

Jumeira

Banned
Amazed they got it SMALLER than the X1S. Sony added another layer to thiers, MS removed some. Bet its whisper quite too.

Now, im really sweating here, need to place my pre-order to ensure i get my machine this year. November will be a blood bath

gar3

Will I be able to disconnect my 4TB external HDD from my current Xbox One and hook it up to Xbox One X and have all my games ready-to-go on the new console or will I have to re-download those 4TB again?

TK-421

Will I be able to disconnect my 4TB external HDD from my current Xbox One and hook it up to Xbox One X and have all my games ready-to-go on the new console or will I have to re-download those 4TB again?

Should be fine, every game has two licenses: a home license and gamertag license. So if you switch your Home Xbox to the X, you should be fine. And even if you don't, as long as you log into the console your gamertag license should work too.

TK-421

With Black Friday being 2 1/2 weeks away from the US launch, it might be worth waiting and seeing if anyone puts it on sale.

Price is way more than I expected. That said, the hardware is way more impressive than I expected, especially the form factor. On the fence but will probably cave before November.

Huh. And here I was thinking I could come to this thread and be excited with like minded people about preordering the X. I guess NeoGaf is going to NeoGaf.

Pretty cool that Amazon will at least give me $96 for my old, day one X1. I'm probably going to go that route. Very excited!

Huh. And here I was thinking I could come to this thread and be excited with like minded people about preordering the X. I guess NeoGaf is going to NeoGaf.

Pretty cool that Amazon will at least give me $96 for my old, day one X1. I'm probably going to go that route. Very excited!

Don't worry. There are plenty excited, I'm one of them. Can't wait to get mine!

aaaaa0

I bet it will just work.

You jerks got me all excited for $399. Still gonna go ahead and preorder it... which will actually make it the first console I've ever preordered.

Top Bottom