• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X price slashed to $300?

Dane

Unknown if its price cut or a deal, but the tweet could indicate to be the former. Sounds like that around days to two weeks before it was already being offered close to this price in North America and Europe.

Didn't some youtuber state that Xbox One production was being downsized/ending?

JLB

Banned
Amazing console. Will keep it as my main gaming system til Series X. One X + Elite V2 is so great.
On topic, obviously MS is clearing existences of the console in preparation for next gen. Lockhart is getting closer.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I would be lying if I said this wasn't tempting.... Wonder what a one x will be on black Friday? That, with game pass would be a terrific value. 2 more years of games afterall

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Price cut. Won't be on the shelves by year's end.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
This makes sense. Clear our the stock they have since these won't sell that well once XSX has launched, and at the same time get more people on the Xbox platform so they will more easily transfer to the XSX in a couple of years

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This must suck for those that got it with a $32 Xbox All Access deal. :D $768 for two years including GPU, had they waited five months they could've gotten it for $480 (with buy 3 get 3 for free deal for GPU).

TBiddy

This must suck for those that got it with a $32 Xbox All Access deal. :D $768 for two years including GPU, had they waited five months they could've gotten it for $480 (with buy 3 get 3 for free deal for GPU).

Was the price lowered recently? It's at 25 USD right now, including GPU and and XBL Gold.

xool

Same price as the cheapest (non SAD) ONE S on their own website.

Smart joined up thinking? Or are they just clearing inventory and going to stop making the X (or the S ?)

Birdo

Banned
The X will be killed off before the S.

The cheaper ones make them more money. So the X will be the first to stop production.

dorkimoe

They couldn't have it be the same price as the unconfirmed Series S.

Get ready to be "educated" on how smart the name is and how it's not going to confuse anyone!
Haha, I literally am an xbox fanboy and still think its insanely stupid. Retail and parents are going to have a nightmare with this

Grinchy

Banned
Haha, I literally am an xbox fanboy and still think its insanely stupid. Retail and parents are going to have a nightmare with this
I agree, but even with that aside, my problem with it is just when trying to talk about it. When talking out loud, Series X just doesn't roll off the tongue and doesn't even sound like a console. XSX isn't nice to say either, which is what I usually use when typing.

"New Xbox" is basically what it ends up boiling down to if I'm talking to someone. And if we do get an S version, it'll just make it even more annoying to talk about the damn thing. Then you compare that to "PS5" and everyone including my grandma would know what I was referring to, and she's not even alive!

Last edited:
Top Bottom