• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X price slashed to $300?

xool

Get ready to be "educated" on how smart the name is and how it's not going to confuse anyone!
Can't be confused about the name if there's only one.

Expecting the ONE to be killed real soon after the Series X released, and Lockhart almost certainly doesn't exist.

It's a one console future for MS imo

FireFly

Is Lockhart going to be $99 or something when it comes out? Why would anyone buy it over a more powerful One X?
The rumours are that the Xbox One X is being discontinued and the price cut is there to clear out the stock. I think it makes much more sense for Lockhart to replace the One X than to sell two products that have similar power levels but from different generations. Having the One X and the Series X is also super confusing.

sinnergy

The rumours are that the Xbox One X is being discontinued and the price cut is there to clear out the stock. I think it makes much more sense for Lockhart to replace the One X than to sell two products that have similar power levels but from different generations. Having the One X and the Series X is also super confusing.
It clears out for Series X 399,99 😊

One can dream!!

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Blame their naming scheme for the X being discontinued. It would be confusing having the Xbox One X and the X series on the shelf at the same time. You would think they could hire someone to come up with better console names. Anyway, I did buy an X last week on Wal Mart.com for $299 and I thought I was getting a deal. I guess it was just the beginnings of a price cut.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Haha, I literally am an xbox fanboy and still think its insanely stupid. Retail and parents are going to have a nightmare with this

How long do you think Xbone and XS X/S would coexist at retail. Probably not more than the first holiday. If lockhart is a thing, there is just no need to keep the one around in any capacity, IMO.

Fox Mulder

The Xbox One X will be off shelves with this price. I went out looking for one and couldn’t find it. I did find a Switch at Walmart though and threw that sumbitch on eBay for $450.

I already have a One S but would appreciate the higher resolutions, especially on backwards compatibility. I hope this is permanent.

Why can't they just call the new one Xbox Two or something?

Because that's dumber than "Xbox Series X" IMO. Couldn't really think of another "all in one machine" after "360" and "One" I guess.

Last edited:

Durask

I already have a One S but would appreciate the higher resolutions, especially on backwards compatibility. I hope this is permanent.

Because that's dumber than "Xbox Series X" IMO. Couldn't really think of another "all in one machine" after "360" and "One" I guess.

No one has a problem with numbered iphone releases or Samsung S20 or whatever the latest phone from any company is called.

No one has a problem with numbered iphone releases or Samsung S20 or whatever the latest phone from any company is called.
But the number is worded out, like an actual name. What would the meaning behind "Two" be? Or 720? Rather than confuse everyone they're just calling it "Xbox".

SebastianM

MS had the chance to finally name their shit Xbox 5 yet they went with this. I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few uneducated (on the matter) parents will get little timmy his shiny next-gen Xbox One X console for christmas lmao.

Last edited:

xool

Even at this late stage if they get someone into the xbox ecosystem they're more likely to stick next gen.. Don't expect it to move the needle much though really.

Hawk269

The Xbox One X will be off shelves with this price. I went out looking for one and couldn’t find it. I did find a Switch at Walmart though and threw that sumbitch on eBay for $450.
Yeah, I just checked Amazon (U.S.) and none available. The ones they do have are refurbished or from 3rd party sellers which is way above $299.99.

wolffy71

Banned
I don’t go car shopping very often
But if you went to walmart how many minutes do you think it would take you to figure out which xbox was the new one? Under 30? Under 10? Or maybe like 2 seconds? its a dumb name but all this about it being confusing is silly.

RPS37

But if you went to walmart how many minutes do you think it would take you to figure out which xbox was the new one? Under 30? Under 10? Or maybe like 2 seconds? its a dumb name but all this about it being confusing is silly.
I post on NeoGAF. I know which is which. The way it looks is super confusing tho. Compared to Sony: 2, 3, 3 slim, 4, 4 pro. Simple.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Probably the same amount of time for someone to determine if PS5 or PS4 Pro is better. People aren't so dense to automatically assume a higher numbered product is better.

If it was all about product and brand numbers, everyone would still be buying Geforce 8800s as the best gpu out there.

If someone doesn't want to go detail digging, typically the higher the price the better.

If you buy a Honda Civic and there's EX, LX and DX models (not sure if they still do that, but when I had a Civic 20 years ago they had three tiers.... edit 4 tiers. There was that Sporty SiR tier), you don't assume all DX's are the same, since there's a new DX every year.

Xbox One X and SeX aren't even as close a comparison like cars in the same tier. Both have different names and look totally different. And SeX will probably be about double the price.

Last edited:

wolffy71

Banned
I post on NeoGAF. I know which is which. The way it looks is super confusing tho. Compared to Sony: 2, 3, 3 slim, 4, 4 pro. Simple.
They both have the letter x, yes having two names with the letter x can be difficult but i have faith in you. Old one is one x, new one is series x. Just write it down.

Hostile_18

Banned
The general market got confused between the Wii and the Wii U.

Of course they are going to get confused between X-box One X and X-Box Series X.

God it looks awful written down haha.

GiJoint

Just checked Microsoft New Zealand’s site and price drop here too, the One X is cheaper than a PS4 Pro here now and comes bundled with a game. The base models also got a price slash. Insane.

Zephir

C'Mon, keeping the 'Gameboy' name really confused and stop people buying the Gameboy Advance....right?

If you think Wii/Wii U and Xbox One X/Xbox Series X is the same as Gameboy/Gameboy Advance, sure.

I know nothing about marketing, so I may be wrong

If you think Wii/Wii U and Xbox One X/Xbox Series X is the same as Gameboy/Gameboy Advance, sure.

I know nothing about marketing, so I may be wrong

So what happens if a mum or dad went into a shop and asked for a Gameboy and the shop worker aske do with the Gameboy, the Gameboy Color, or the Gameboy Adv ? . Not that much different from a mum or dad going into a shop and asking for XBox. What next people going to a shop hoping for a Galaxy S10, walk out with an A10.

I'm sure looking over pathetic point-scoring aside. People will know the difference between an Xbox One X, to an Xbox Series X. Failing that they can just google a picture on their smartphone, something that not even mum and dad could do in the Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Game Advanced days

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Smart move but at the same time I don't think people are going to get it when next-gen is around the corner

If the Cyberpunk 2077 edition is going to be sold with this price, I am definitely going to get it and sell my Scorpio or give it to someone

Top Bottom