• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Version of PUGB playable at Gamescom

Gowans

AOr8eZn.jpg

75sFg5I.jpg

First game of PUBG on the Xbox One X build of the game. It plays really well! �� #XboxGC #XboxOneX #PUBG @PUBATTLEGROUNDS
https://twitter.com/TheRazoredEdge/status/899898922440765440

It feels like a cross between default FPS controls and Gears of War's control schemes (D-pad to switch weapons) #PUBG #XboxGC
https://twitter.com/TheRazoredEdge/status/899914356678414336

1xOSJcI.jpg

PUBG Inventory menus for Xbox One #XboxGC #XboxOneX #PUBG
https://twitter.com/TheRazoredEdge/status/899918856583610368

EDIT: Maybe Not

Gowans

Wonder why they didn't show gameplay in their sofa show.

I've played a bit with controller on PC but the aiming down the sights was terrible, analog movement was great tho.

Will be interesting to see more impressions as they come in.

I'm not 100% sure. It was running on a PC at E3 with the same signs.

Hopefully some of the press there will do something proper.

Theorry

Probably PC with Xbox One X settings. Pretty normal stuff. Intresting thing is how it plays with a controller and how the menu works.

Gowans

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
Five Things We Noticed From Our Hands-On With The Xbox One Version

During Gamescom 2017, we got some hands-on time with the Xbox One version of the smash hit Early Access battle royale game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, playing a full match for more than 30 minutes. The version of the game we played was on a PC but, according to a Microsoft representative, was "running" the Xbox One version of the game. We also played with the Xbox One Elite controller. With that in mind, here are a few details we noticed during that time.

PUBG Plays Well With A Controller Instead Of A Mouse & Keyboard

This Version Is Slightly Uglier Than The PC Version

The Performance Is Strong

Vehicle Handling Could Use Some Work

It Feels Like A Proper Port (So Far)

Read More Here
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/p...-version-of-playerunknowns-battlegrounds.aspx

Tovarisc

Calling bs on this and say it's PC build running on PC's with custom made pad support for this event. Otherwise why not to show off Xbox build and gameplay in official Xbox event last Sunday?

They showed PC gameplay.

Calling bs on this and say it's PC build running on PC's with custom made pad support for this event. Otherwise why not to show off Xbox build and gameplay in official Xbox event last Sunday?

They showed PC gameplay.

What's it matter?

The important point is they are playing on a pad with Xbox user interface. That's all that needs to be known for how it plays on Xbox. The graphics of the game are nothing special so they aren't 'hiding' anything. No doubt they will be a bit weaker on the XB1 and roughly equivalent to max on Scorpio. Both at 30fps.

Tovarisc

What's it matter?

The important point is they are playing on a pad with Xbox user interface. That's all that needs to be known for how it plays on Xbox. The graphics of the game are nothing special so they aren't 'hiding' anything. No doubt they will be a bit weaker on the XB1 and roughly equivalent to max on Scorpio. Both at 30fps.

There is long history with "console" games being ran on PC's in events and looking and running better than what end product ends up being. What people see in Gamescom is dream scenario for Bluehole and don't take it as gospel that you will get it.

--------

DH1TeRqXsAI906Z.jpg

https://twitter.com/D3monWo1f/status/899967284395069442

gamz

There is long history with "console" games being ran on PC's in events and looking and running better than what end product ends up being. What people see in Gamescom is dream scenario for Bluehole and don't take it as gospel that you will get it.

--------

DH1TeRqXsAI906Z.jpg

https://twitter.com/D3monWo1f/status/899967284395069442

I don't understand. The Twitter you posted backs up the claim it's the Xbox One build.

I know you are going for a gotcha moment but where is it?

Tovarisc

I don't understand. The Twitter you posted backs up the claim it's the Xbox One build.

Just like Watch_Dogs was PS4 build when demoed way back then, just running on powerful PC's. Same scenario here. Basically people really should manage their expectations when it comes to PUBG graphics and performance on XBO before we see it running on actual XBO HW.

JoeLT

Just like Watch_Dogs was PS4 build when demoed way back then, just running on powerful PC's. Same scenario here. Basically people really should manage their expectations when it comes to PUBG graphics and performance on XBO before we see it running on actual XBO HW.
If it was running on a high end PC it should be running better than 30/40fps

Wereroku

They can say they are running the XBox version but are they emulating the sucky CPU that ends up causing downgrades once they are actually running them on the consoles? Even clocking down a PC cpu wouldn't let them have the garbage IPC that jaguar has.

The game isn't finished why would it be running on xbo memory starved hw?

gamz

Oh, I get that, but I think its one of those rare occasions that gameplay trumps performance/graphics. As long as its playable and released is all people are gonna care about.

MS is working with them and I have zero concerns it'll play fine.

Weren't people going nuts at E3 when Forza 7 was on a PC and not Xbox. I think it was Forza 7?

cackhyena

PUBG can look good enough tuned up on PC, but is it really that hard for the X to get somewhere similar? It's nothing mindblowing.

Reckheim

Oh, I get that, but I think its one of those rare occasions that gameplay trumps performance/graphics. As long as its playable and released is all people are gonna care about.

Same, however I wouldn't expect 60fps, the game runs like shit on most PC's already.

PUBG can look good enough tuned up on PC, but is it really that hard for the X to get somewhere similar? It's nothing mindblowing.

It's not the visuals that are the problem. The game is very CPU heavy. On paper the XB1X doesn't have a good enough CPU to run it at 60fps, unless they do heavy optimization for the port.

Tovarisc

Weren't people going nuts at E3 when Forza 7 was on a PC and not Xbox. I think it was Forza 7?

Game is very CPU intensive and performance does matter quite a bit in BG.

Also very curious to see how they solve asset loading issues that game has when ran from 7200RPM HDD's, since closed beta that ended months ago. They need resolve that issue for sake of all platforms.

Raide

It's not the visuals that are the problem. The game is very CPU heavy. On paper the XB1X doesn't have a good enough CPU to run it at 60fps, unless they do heavy optimization for the port.

I guess that's why MS are publishing it. Lot of tech on their side to make the most of the port. No way are they letting it come out and be poor.

JoeLT

As it stands now there's no chance for 60fps on Xbox, the game needs heavy CPU optimisations from the main team. The Xbox port is being handled by a seperate team, and I doubt they'll rework the game and break compatibility.

There's a slim chance the Scorpio version could run at 60fps, but it's unlikely. It would be a big win though. The game would benefit hugely from it, and it would likely be the only console version at 60fps.

Tovarisc

There's a slim chance the Scorpio version could run at 60fps, but it's unlikely. It would be a big win though. The game would benefit hugely from it, and it would likely be the only console version at 60fps.

If XBO OG doesn't run 60 then XOX won't run 60 because they very likely want console platform players to be on even footing in that sense.

Reckheim

it would be the only version period to run at 60fps, the game isn't optimized properly. People need to get their expectations in check.

Wereroku

The CPU's are just too bad. Don't expect 60fps until they actually get a Zen since that has a decent IPC. Jaguar was really bad even when it was new.

If XBO OG doesn't run 60 then XOX won't run 60 because they very likely want console platform players to be on even footing in that sense.

Possibly, but not guaranteed. FPS games are clearly better at 60fps and if they can do it then they might. The whole point of Scorpio is to be better.

it would be the only version period to run at 60fps, the game isn't optimized properly. People need to get their expectations in check.

The game is still in development, this isn't some shitty optimised full release. Also I believe a while back they said they threw it on the Scorpio dev kit and it was already running at 30 - 40fps without doing anything. So again, unlikely but not impossible.

Top Bottom