• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

TheShocker

WWE 2K23 game+all DLC and bonuses is $29.

Worth it? Or wait for 2k24. I haven’t bought a wrestling game since N64, so it’s not like I’m super committed to the series.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
WWE 2K23 game+all DLC and bonuses is $29.

Worth it? Or wait for 2k24. I haven’t bought a wrestling game since N64, so it’s not like I’m super committed to the series.

If you've waited this long, might as well wait a little bit more for '24.

I rented the '23 one last year. It was a surprisingly damn solid game, much better than the AEW one.

Great career mode, the John Cena highlight portion was also pretty good. This year's should have even more refinements on the career mode.

DaGwaphics

Interesting rumor about MS looking at Intel for future hardware, that might be an interesting change of pace. Though it was just a MLiD thing I believe, so who knows about that. Would add a little more spice if the "box wars" weren't just about the stores but also the underlying hardware tech. But with all rumors Xbox flying every which way, it's hard to speculate much about anything Xbox at them moment.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
I really don’t believe they will stop at 4 games. What do you guys think?
Agree there. These will be a test bed and see how they perform. If it goes well, they'll start moving more titles over once they reached their max sales potential on Xbox. Except maybe major titles they want to stay on the Xbox platform.

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Whether you’ve been with us since 2001, recently joined Game Pass to enjoy games like Starfield or Palworld, or are looking forward to the next season of Call of Duty, the creative teams at Xbox are stronger together – no matter where you play. Xbox will be around for decades to come – we hope you’ll join us on this journey.
Honestly, this is all I care about. Keep the console, keep bringing games to it.

Kilau

Gold Member
Agree there. These will be a test bed and see how they perform. If it goes well, they'll start moving more titles over once they reached their max sales potential on Xbox. Except maybe major titles they want to stay on the Xbox platform.
Live service games make sense, more players means more money. Hifi and Pentiment keep being brought up and those don’t fit into that.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Live service games make sense, more players means more money. Hifi and Pentiment keep being brought up and those don’t fit into that.
The non-live service games like Hifi and Pentiment are the older, smaller games they may be eluding to. Might as well give it a shot to see if it's worth it.

RoboEight

The non-live service games like Hifi and Pentiment are the older, smaller games they may be eluding to. Might as well give it a shot to see if it's worth it.
If a game has reached a point where sales reach their top sales potential why not put it elsewhere? if anything it allows for the dev teams to make some more money to help with funding projects, paying workers and other stuff . If your looking at a game like Sea of Thieves which has kind of stalled out growth wise on Xbox if anything it'll only benefit Xbox players because it keeps the game going, adds and grows more community and funds new content. If you like playing on Xbox you still can and you can get these games on gamepass at a minimal charge where as other platforms are paying the full price it's only funding more content for Xbox players. If a game like Grounded goes multi-platform and helps fund more games from Obsidian as far as I'm concerned it's a win. This whole last week has been a bit ridiculous in general and let's be real of course more than 4 games are gonna come but who cares it's not like people are running out to buy an Xbox because Pentiment or HiFi Rush are exclusive let the devs make some money and who knows maybe we get more games or it helps so people don't have to lose their jobs in this current industry.

Digital games are gonna be the future literally everything else is at this point hell the software used to make the games is digital subscription, it's only a matter of time. I guarantee you Sony is gonna follow suit as well the only difference is Xbox talk about a lot more than Sony but 100% they're in the process of doing the same. I'm excited to see what they have to show in June and there are a ton of games I'm really looking forward to this year it's gonna be a busy one.

kikkis

Does anyone else's xbox suck at downloading updates in power saving? It's supposed check them daily but once again I boot it up and and it starts downloading updates

adamsapple

Couple of really good deals going on right now. For example, Outlast 1 + 2 bundle for just $2.99. Beyond Good and Evil HD for $2.99 (720p/60 FPS via BC) and a bunch more new / old games.

DaGwaphics

I'm thinking of selling the old XSS along with one of my series controllers, that means I'll need a new spare. I'm wondering if I should hold out for the new controller if they decided to go with that (it seemed up in the air in the leak).

Came across this old article about the new controller:

Haven't seen any recent updates on it. Anything I've missed regarding Sebile, do we still think it is a thing? Sounds like it would be a great upgrade for Xbox while being the ultimate controller for PC if it supports the advanced features over Bluetooth or the Xbox wireless adapter. The Sony controllers require a wired connection for anything but the basics right?

Osthyvel

Don't know if this is ok but if if not mods can delete it; i have read that people are buying games and activating them trough vpn, turkey, argentina etc, they are pretty cheap.

Thing is that i had my xboxaccount almost 20 years, and it would not be that fun to get a ban... is there a possibility to get a ban by buying games like this?

And if, can i make a second account and buy games on that, and play on my main account? If i get a ban, then the other account would get the ban i think...

I hope this is ok, if not just delete =)

TheUsual

Gold Member
Don't know if this is ok but if if not mods can delete it; i have read that people are buying games and activating them trough vpn, turkey, argentina etc, they are pretty cheap.

Thing is that i had my xboxaccount almost 20 years, and it would not be that fun to get a ban... is there a possibility to get a ban by buying games like this?

And if, can i make a second account and buy games on that, and play on my main account? If i get a ban, then the other account would get the ban i think...

I hope this is ok, if not just delete =)
I'm sure if you try it and Xbox finds out, they could ban your account. Probably would consider it fraud. Or maybe a slap on the wrist if a one time thing.

I say don't try it.

adamsapple

Decent Xbox sale going on right now.

Some notable ones.

Control Ultimate Edition: $9.99
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice: $2.99
Silent Hill HD MASTERPIECE Collection: $9.99
Red Dead 2: $19.99
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag $9 (topical after Skull and Bones shat the bad lol)
RE7: $7.99
The Darkness 1 and 2 $3 and $5

and a bunch more

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Hey guys, I don’t remember if I asked this on GAF before. Bear with me of I did.

Is there a way to have a language other than your country’s in X360 games downloaded from the store on Series X?

I have bought a bunch of X360 games on sale from the store through the years, but on the Series, every game plays the Italian dub and there seems to be no option to use the English voices. Changing the console’s language doesn’t seem to work.
On other boards, nobody could give me a definitive answer on this. Some say that the Series will check the region you’re downloading from and automatically choose your region’s language, excluding any other language option in the download.

I’m asking now because Prey is hugely discounted right now on the store, but if I’m gonna be stuck with the Italian dub I’d rather not play it at all. I recently tried the original X360 Dead Space from Game Pass and the language is distracting enough for me to not want to go on playing.

This is of course a question mainly for Euro Xbox users, since American users of course don’t have this problem.

nikolino840

I'm thinking of selling the old XSS along with one of my series controllers, that means I'll need a new spare. I'm wondering if I should hold out for the new controller if they decided to go with that (it seemed up in the air in the leak).

Came across this old article about the new controller:

Haven't seen any recent updates on it. Anything I've missed regarding Sebile, do we still think it is a thing? Sounds like it would be a great upgrade for Xbox while being the ultimate controller for PC if it supports the advanced features over Bluetooth or the Xbox wireless adapter. The Sony controllers require a wired connection for anything but the basics right?
Not new news about those controllers 2.0 ..i would like too..
But the today news are fallout controllers

adamsapple

Hey guys, I don’t remember if I asked this on GAF before. Bear with me of I did.

Is there a way to have a language other than your country’s in X360 games downloaded from the store on Series X?

I have bought a bunch of X360 games on sale from the store through the years, but on the Series, every game plays the Italian dub and there seems to be no option to use the English voices. Changing the console’s language doesn’t seem to work.
On other boards, nobody could give me a definitive answer on this. Some say that the Series will check the region you’re downloading from and automatically choose your region’s language, excluding any other language option in the download.

I’m asking now because Prey is hugely discounted right now on the store, but if I’m gonna be stuck with the Italian dub I’d rather not play it at all. I recently tried the original X360 Dead Space from Game Pass and the language is distracting enough for me to not want to go on playing.

This is of course a question mainly for Euro Xbox users, since American users of course don’t have this problem.

I think if you change the region of your console, you might be able to access the other region versions of games. I cannot say this with 100% certainty.

adamsapple

One can actually beat MK1's story mode very easily in 4, 5 hours. 3 days is a very generous time to do that.

cireza

Sharing my humble display of physical games for Xbox (I have lot of standard games of course, but not here).
20240318-181644.jpg

Yup, there is one intruder :)

Japanese games :messenger_heart:

Last edited:
Top Bottom