• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Roberts

Can't stop playing Immortals: Fenyx Rising. The weird thing is that I'm at the end and it goes into the usual open world game thing where you are somewhat overpowered (and I'm playing on hard) and is right there on the verge of being boring, but the thing is that it is not. At least not for me mostly because it is such a relaxing game. And I love that the puzzles are so intuitive even the more challenging ones.

I heard of a lot of complaints about screen tearing on XSX, but I usually only get it once, right after you load a save or get out of a cutscene and then it is gone. What about you?

Concern

Has anyone given gta 4 a try on the xsx? Im curious to see how it runs but Unfortunately I seem to have lost my copy.

May just rebuy it. I heard the digital copy isn't accessible on the xsx. Is that true?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Finished CP2077, tried Ace Combat 7 and Forza Horizon on GamePass - confirmed I do not like these types of games. I guess I will play Prey.

AmateurPong

Getting back into Skyrim on Series X, and after years of reading Bethesda hate I forgot how good it actually is. Got it when it came out a decade ago and dabbled a bit over the years, but this is the first real playthrough again since launch. The auto-HDR really makes this look like a different game, the scenery and interiors look so flat once you turn it off. Also how did I ever play Skyrin without 60fps mode, my eyes can never go back now.

The mod support seems pretty good for a console, even if it probably doesnt have everything PC does. They really make the game feel like a new experience again. Here's what I'm using right now:

Unofficial Skyrim SE patch
Cutting room floor
Beasts of Tamriel
Ordinator
Apocalypse Magic
Phenderix Magic
Forgotten City
Enhanced Blood
Immersive Patrols
Uncap fps
Lamposts of Skyrim
Rich merchants
Open Cities
Quality World map
Obsidian Weathers and seasons
Cloaks of Skyrim
Tamriel trees
3d rocky shores
Graphics pack + addons
ELFX
Skyland
Realistic Water 2

One of those games I just lose myself in for hours on end.

Er2klWFWMAAVRtO.png

Er2k2jpXEAE1cqR.png

Er2k8rBXIAAAbZ5.png

Pantz

Has anyone given gta 4 a try on the xsx? Im curious to see how it runs but Unfortunately I seem to have lost my copy.

May just rebuy it. I heard the digital copy isn't accessible on the xsx. Is that true?
No problems playing the digital version on XSX here. It's a locked 60FPS now which is nice.
I played it to death on the 360 though and I couldn't handle returning for more than 5 minutes.

Concern

No problems playing the digital version on XSX here. It's a locked 60FPS now which is nice.
I played it to death on the 360 though and I couldn't handle returning for more than 5 minutes.

I could have sworn i saw somewhere, people saying digital wasn't available on the xsx. Are the dlcs playable too?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
How can someone not like Forza Horizon

J/K but not really
I like racing games and I like FH4 but sometimes I just want to race and as someone who jumps in every few weeks I'm just a bit like what the fuck is going on. I don't what to drive miles between races etc. But other than all that I enjoy the races but I don't play it as much because of all the faffing around between races. I just can't be bothered.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I like racing games and I like FH4 but sometimes I just want to race and as someone who jumps in every few weeks I'm just a bit like what the fuck is going on. I don't what to drive miles between races etc. But other than all that I enjoy the races but I don't play it as much because of all the faffing around between races. I just can't be bothered.
Fair enough for me the atmosphere and all that is enough. Also FH3 >>> FH4

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Fair enough for me the atmosphere and all that is enough. Also FH3 >>> FH4
Atmosphere is great and I do really like the game but sometimes maybe there is too much going on. Its a bit of a love hate thing for me. I also wish I could select the season when I wanted if playing offline.
FH3 yes from memory, needs a 60 fps update.

JLB

Banned

Fantastic. Its mostly 60fps all the time. Driving is apecially muhch better.

Concern

Fantastic. Its mostly 60fps all the time. Driving is apecially muhch better.

I just saw i can't buy it digitally on the store anymore. So imma have to pick up a copy at a store.

I enjoyed 4 story over 5 tbh. The euphoria engine is also way better.

Concern

So you have ps4 trophies and no ps5 trophies at al, looks like you played about 5 minutes on astro playroom and thats it - was it yours or a mates ? mmmmm.

I did not expect any ps5 trophies, and found none.

This guy's obsession is fuckin harassment at this point. But he seems to get a pass with all the derails, insults, and shitposting he does. Don't let this fuckin turd derail this thread too.

Omfg really... I've had the Console just over a week outside of exchanges. Your unbelievable.

HEeokwU.jpg

Bro! I wouldn't even go there, stepping down to his level and trying to proof yourself to an unstable fanatic..had no idea it came down to this.

I've seen how he treats other members particularly from opposite camp with weak ass punch line responses. He's got a big mouth behind that monitor, nothin but a scrawny lil' keyboard wanksta.

bender

What time is it?
Breakdown is a neat freebie. I'd almost forgotten about its' existence and it's interesting to see a mechanically deep predecessor to Condemned. I'm not sure I'll stick with it as the level design is pretty monotone but there is noting like eating a burger in three bites, slamming a not-Coca-Cola and vomiting in first person perspective. And that's all doable in the first 20 minutes or so.

Playing Squadron now since it is on a free weekend. Hoping I can power through the single player campaign before the weekend is over. It's pretty fun so far.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Torchlight III feels like such a cheaply made game. The series has really stumbled since the original.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Breakdown is a neat freebie. I'd almost forgotten about its' existence and it's interesting to see a mechanically deep predecessor to Condemned. I'm not sure I'll stick with it as the level design is pretty monotone but there is noting like eating a burger in three bites, slamming a not-Coca-Cola and vomiting in first person perspective. And that's all doable in the first 20 minutes or so.

Playing Squadron now since it is on a free weekend. Hoping I can power through the single player campaign before the weekend is over.
Breakdown was an amazing experiment in 1st person melee back in the day, I haven’t played it in years so I’m not sure how well it holds up today.

I downloaded Squadrons and playing through the opening mission and I don’t know. It just doesn’t grab me or feel as rewarding as the flight battle stuff in Battlefront II. I’ll give it another go when it hits EA access.

bender

What time is it?
Breakdown was an amazing experiment in 1st person melee back in the day, I haven’t played it in years so I’m not sure how well it holds up today.

I downloaded Squadrons and playing through the opening mission and I don’t know. It just doesn’t grab me or feel as rewarding as the flight battle stuff in Battlefront II. I’ll give it another go when it hits EA access.

The shooting definitely feels dated and it feels like you are just continually funneled down the same corridor, but the amount of melee moves at your disposal is impressive.

Same here, tried SW: Squadrons myself it didn't grabbed me at all from the get go...and I adore anything SW ever since my baby 👶 steps.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Would it be possible and if it was. Do you think MS would ever release a full Windows 10 on the Series S. I say Series S as I keep my eye on those mini PC's and they cost a small fortune for there performance. And though the S is bigger I assume the performance would be 10+ times better and a lot cheaper and people would start to see it as a bargain in comparison to these which cost around $800 with not that great performance in games to consoles.
This Mini Ryzen PC Is Awesome! ASUS PN50 Review 4500U - YouTube

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
obviously fake. We all know you’re an xbot and wouldn’t dream of owning a PS5.

seriously though - Geordie needs to shut the fuck up.
I thought these types of posts were actionable in OTs such as this.

I know if I went into the PS5 OT and made the type of post he did my name would be on the ban page almost as fast as I hit the post button.

At the very least remove the trolls from the thread and put a warning on the post so others know not to do the same.

There is an entire forum dedicated to shitting on Xbox and it’s fans, They don’t need to come into this thread to do it.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Bro! I wouldn't even go there, stepping down to his level and trying to proof yourself to an unstable fanatic..had no idea it came down to this.

I've seen how he treats other members particularly from opposite camp with weak ass punch line responses. He's got a big mouth behind that monitor, nothin but a scrawny lil' keyboard wanksta.

Yeah bro, well I was hoping it would teach him a lesson after calling me a liar in a couple of threads. Oh well just shows even in the face of proof fan boys can't be reasoned with. Embarrassing really.

Elias

lol, cyberpunk is a completely broken, buggy mess but it's fun to mess around in when i'm bored.

and jedi fallen order has incredible texture quality. i know the game was pretty buggy on release, but the polished product i'm playing right now looks fantastic.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah bro, well I was hoping it would teach him a lesson after calling me a liar in a couple of threads. Oh well just shows even in the face of proof fan boys can't be reasoned with. Embarrassing really.
You are obviously only buying it to look for problems with it now, fanboy.

Everyone spends 500 to tear down the competition, on forums.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I don’t ever like seeing people site banned so I hope you are right, but they should have put one of those warning tags on his post so others don’t think it’s cool to bomb in here with bullshit like that.

It's amazing he hasn't had a temp ban. Amazing. He's shit posted in the Neogaf heating up thread, the Xbox OT, coil whine threads AND the PS5 hardware threads. Accused people of lying, demanded proof and when given proof antagonize people further. Hes also been removed from threads. What does someone like that contribute to Neogaf? 🙈

Kagey K

Banned
It's amazing he hasn't had a temp ban. Amazing. He's shit posted in the Neogaf heating up thread, the Xbox OT, coil whine threads AND the PS5 hardware threads. Accused people of lying, demanded proof and when given proof antagonize people further. Hes also been removed from threads. What does someone like that contribute to Neogaf? 🙈

I couldn’t tell you, you would have to ask the mods.

Based on his avatar alone “Andy Capp” he is a drunken Irish person who abuses alcohol and his wife.

I’m not sure how anyone finds the comic strip funny enough to consider using it as an avatar, but it really says it all.

Last edited:

Harts316

Finished The Evil Within yesterday. I picked it up on sale after hearing the performance was solid on the Series X. Framerate is rock solid, the load times are near instant and the graphics hold up for a game of this age.

If you’re into horror it’s worth picking up on sale. The story is nonsense, but it has some tense moments and lots of gore. Only complaint is that the game sometimes doesn’t really know if it wants to be a survival horror game or a full on action game. It feels like the game tries to have it both ways and doesn’t really give you the tools to be effective at either.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I thought these types of posts were actionable in OTs such as this.

I know if I went into the PS5 OT and made the type of post he did my name would be on the ban page almost as fast as I hit the post button.

At the very least remove the trolls from the thread and put a warning on the post so others know not to do the same.

There is an entire forum dedicated to shitting on Xbox and it’s fans, They don’t need to come into this thread to do it.

Absolutely true. It's not just the fact that he's dragging this garbage into the Xbox OT that in itself should be actionable. It's also his continued harassment of actual PS5 owners that have the nerve to talk about problems they've had with their new console yet he's been allowed to continue this behavior across multiple threads with impunity.

P Panajev2001a you mentioned earlier Geordie wasn't quoted or something when you invited him into the Xbox OT; well here's one of many similar posts he's made across multiple threads that are at the root of the jokes some of us made:

"No other site has this issue, and yet its a daily FUD on GAF - clean it up. 1 % consumer failure is normal, every xbox fan is just silly now.

All mods have to do is request psn user iD of poster and check they have ps5 trophies and are genuine, then we can all chip in with advice or discuss properly - but we cant as its just full of trolls.

This anti console campaign needs to be put in check, and its so bad nobody believs any genuine poster'.

This is a prime example of the larger problem with some of the more zealous Sony fans who are constantly crying FUD, MS shills and spinning wild conspiracy theories anytime there is anything even slightly negative about their precious. And yeah, if he's allowed to make these insane accusations and demands, we are allowed to joke about it.

Panajev2001a, I do appreciate the fact that you have been respectful and made a lot of positive contributions to this thread, but please don't invite any more Sony trolls in here. As Kagey K Kagey K said they have an entire forum to troll Xbox and it's fans. We don't need them in the one thread where we can get away from them.

Top Bottom