• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Kagey K

Banned
Kagey K Kagey K So how is Hitman 3 anyway? Do those extra pixels make it super awesome or is the game good or bad on it's own regardless of pixels? 🤣
It’s a fun game. If you played the previous Hitman games you know exactly what to expect going into it. If you haven’t played them you have a ton of content to go through if you buy the version that gives you access to 1 and 2 in 3.

It does look good and seeing the old maps upgraded is nice.

It has been quite entertaining to watch a bunch of people who are never going to play the game fight about it in that other thread, while all dozen of us or so that bought it have been playing it and having fun with it.

I’m really excited to see what they do with Mr Bond in project 007 and if its a reskinned Hitman game or they do something completely different with him.

Also looking forward to next week as we will have The Medium review thread and probably DF breakdown so the usual suspects will be able to go shit all over those as well. 😅

Last edited:
It’s a fun game. If you played the previous Hitman games you know exactly what to expect going into it. If you haven’t played them you have a ton of content to go through if you buy the version that gives you access to 1 and 2 in 3.

It does look good and seeing the old maps upgraded is nice.

I’m really excited to see what they do with Mr Bond in project 007 and of its a reskinned Hitman game or they do something completely different with him.

The Hitman games feel so close to a Bond game I can’t imagine them completely dropping the rough style of it. I figure they’d have to drop the disguise mechanic and basically make it suit only for the most part, and it will have to be a bit more action based so maybe more Absolution style or possibly just force alarms at certain points.

They’re similar but generally 47 walks away with no one the wiser and Bond runs away with the building blowing up and everyone shooting at him lol.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The Hitman games feel so close to a Bond game I can’t imagine them completely dropping the rough style of it. I figure they’d have to drop the disguise mechanic and basically make it suit only for the most part, and it will have to be a bit more action based so maybe more Absolution style or possibly just force alarms at certain points.

They’re similar but generally 47 walks away with no one the wiser and Bond runs away with the building blowing up and everyone shooting at him lol.
Yeah I agree, it really does feel like Bondish already. They would just need to up the amount of hand to hand combat and gunplay a bit to give it he more badass super spy feel.

Like a section where you are forced to fight Bambi and Thumper. Or a boss section in the safe vs Oddjob.

Riky

$MSFT
I don't know if this has been mentioned but if you purchased Hitman 3 digitally there are 6000 reward points available which is over £5 worth in the UK at least. I got mine from CDkeys and still got the points.

Kagey K

Banned
I don't know if this has been mentioned but if you purchased Hitman 3 digitally there are 6000 reward points available which is over £5 worth in the UK at least. I got mine from CDkeys and still got the points.
Yeah I got the 6000 for buying it and another 250 for getting an achievement in it.

Up to 234000 points now. Going to have Gamepass ultimate for free for a long time after my conversion period ends. 😅

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, it really does feel like Bondish already. They would just need to up the amount of hand to hand combat and gunplay a bit to give it he more badass super spy feel.

Like a section where you are forced to fight Bambi and Thumper. Or a boss section in the safe vs Oddjob.
For me I’d kinda wish that they’d make it so previous mission options change the settings/NPCs of the next mission (ie you kill/knockout someone but they won’t give you information in a later level etc.).

I’d ask for driving with semi-open world maps, but that’s probably expecting a bit too much, and it’s probably better off as a cutscene anyway considering the quality of IOI’s cutscenes.

Last edited:

Bridges

I massively appreciate the heads up, was debating on whether to use CD Keys for the slight discount or the Microsoft Store for the rewards points, getting both is awesome.

I was planning on holding off on Hitman since the Yakuza games are dropping in a couple days, but it is damn tempting. Hitman 1 and 2 were fantastic and I keep seeing nothing but good things about 3. Might just bite the bullet and buy it soon for those sweet rewards points and play it after Yakuza 3.

Elias

So what are the chances of the halo infinite campain co-op being crossplay between pc and xbox series s/x? i know this isn't the case with the mcc, but has their been any confirmation of it for infinte?

Gatox

Banned
Ok now i'm in the next gen :D installing the software right now
p0zg7.jpg

Flintty

I know this is the Xbox OT but I have to post this anyway. Can you imagine how depressing it would be to come home and find your new console looking like this.
Note to parents: Keep your console where little children can't use it as an art project :messenger_beaming:

🙈😂😂

To be fair, with kids being home schooled it’s easy to mistake that big old thing for a school whiteboard.

Last edited:

splattered

Well after 4 (!) PS5's 3 with coil whine and one with a not great fan I've sold my PS5 and I'm an exclusive XBOX gamer for a while, like the old days. Refunded Cyberpunk on the PS5 and bought it for the Xbox.

Let me bathe in your pure green light. Embrace me, embrace meeeee.

It's too bad i feel like i can't have faith in the PS5 right now... if the system was more solid (and maybe smaller) i would have already picked one up. I do feel like i'm missing out on Demon's Souls at this point :/

Hostile_18

Banned
It's too bad i feel like i can't have faith in the PS5 right now... if the system was more solid (and maybe smaller) i would have already picked one up. I do feel like i'm missing out on Demon's Souls at this point :/

Demon Souls was the one game I got to play beginning to end (its brilliant). I'm hoping when Ratchet and Horizon come out the manufacturing process will have matured (and my massive library will be waiting for me). Was shit playing with annoying background noise, especially the story games I'm into. Honestly got to give props to Xbox for AMAZING build quality of their new console.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Well after 4 (!) PS5's 3 with coil whine and one with a not great fan I've sold my PS5 and I'm an exclusive XBOX gamer for a while, like the old days. Refunded Cyberpunk on the PS5 and bought it for the Xbox.

Fully embracing the darkside now aren't you, you freaking Xbot :messenger_beaming:

On the positive side, at least you will get to play the best version of CP2077 AND now with Quick resume.

P.S. Glad you got to finish Demon Souls at least.

Last edited:

Welcome.

It was always my intent to own both consoles. Series X was always going to be first, as I’ve been with Xbox since the 360 and I have invested heavily in the ecosystem over the years (currently own 5 Xbox consoles). But there was always some curiosity and intrigue when the big Sony exclusive titles would roll out to great acclaim. Clearly, I was missing out on some amazing gaming experiences never having owned a PlayStation. So, at the start of this new gen I found myself retired (have been so for 6 years) and blessed to have the financial means to own both new consoles. Through luck and perseverance I managed to snag a Series X at launch. I wasn’t desperate for a PS5 at launch, the plan was to wait at least 6 months before I would seriously try to track one down.

But....something has changed with my plan. Can’t quite pin it down to one thing, but I think the combo of the PS5 design/size (don’t care for it) and this coil whine issue....as well as the fact that Xbox has impressed me so much with the Series X itself and Game Pass and their portfolio of studios...well, it has had the effect of making me not nearly as certain that I’ll make the leap over to PlayStation for the first time in my gaming life.

And then there is the PS fan base....I don’t console war myself, but I’ve seen enough on this forum from that side that it sort of turns me off the brand a bit. Hostile_18 Hostile_18 , what you’ve put up with in the “PS5 coil whine thread” is fairly indicative of what I’m talking about. I originally followed that thread so that I could try to discern just how big an issue the coil whine thing was. But my biggest takeaway from it was how toxic some are in defending their gaming box at all costs. So, it just feels like I’m going to fully immerse myself in what Xbox is doing for now and continue to enjoy the heck out of it. I may revisit the PS5 issue at some point in the future if they either redesign the thing or prove they have built a silent console.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Damn, has it been that bad? I still haven't tracked one down but hopefully I don't end up with a noisy one

NullZ3r0

Banned
I know this is the Xbox OT but I have to post this anyway. Can you imagine how depressing it would be to come home and find your new console looking like this.
Note to parents: Keep your console where little children can't use it as an art project :messenger_beaming:

It was asking for it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Demon Souls was the one game I got to play beginning to end (its brilliant). I'm hoping when Ratchet and Horizon come out the manufacturing process will have matured (and my massive library will be waiting for me). Was shit playing with annoying background noise, especially the story games I'm into. Honestly got to give props to Xbox for AMAZING build quality of their new console.
We charge 6 months of GPU to enter the thread. Please deposit it into our accounts or you will be removed.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What fan model is in your Xbox? Post your gamertag showing Xbox Series X achievements. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Your missiong the point, last gen there was almost 1 % failures under warranty of consoles, something like that. This gen will be no different, consumer hardware electronics is not stress or life tested so its normal. Yes hardware will fail, so what.

The issue here is that posters then generalise and suggest a few fails are a problem for XSX or ps5 or Microsoft or Sony, that is what is silly. Go read any hardware fail thread on GAF, you will see most posters making the inference that this normality is an issue and sony should do this or that - its rubbish and clear FUD.

And there are some that keep posting, 4 threads now on GAF, and we all know what the motives are here - most who are in that 1 % just replace it by Microsoft or Sony, the ones making a big splash is purely for console wars.

Yes maybe it is a coincidence that the main poster with 3 fails has no ps5 trophies except 4 % on Astro playroom and mainly games on XSX nowadsays it seems and keeps posting his ps4 trophies as evidence (that he played ps4 last genand moved to XSX where his friends are). It is still missing the point = MOTIVE.

Your missiong the point, last gen there was almost 1 % failures under warranty of consoles, something like that. This gen will be no different, consumer hardware electronics is not stress or life tested so its normal. Yes hardware will fail, so what.

The issue here is that posters then generalise and suggest a few fails are a problem for XSX or ps5 or Microsoft or Sony, that is what is silly. Go read any hardware fail thread on GAF, you will see most posters making the inference that this normality is an issue and sony should do this or that - its rubbish and clear FUD.

And there are some that keep posting, 4 threads now on GAF, and we all know what the motives are here - most who are in that 1 % just replace it by Microsoft or Sony, the ones making a big splash is purely for console wars.

Yes maybe it is a coincidence that the main poster with 3 fails has no ps5 trophies except 4 % on Astro playroom and mainly games on XSX nowadsays it seems and keeps posting his ps4 trophies as evidence (that he played ps4 last genand moved to XSX where his friends are). It is still missing the point = MOTIVE.
Ahhhh, yes.....we need to verify people's gamertags because we need to understand their MOTIVE.

Nah, this whole post is a load of shit. If you think someone is a troll, put them on ignore. Trying to prove they aren't "fan" enough to share their experience or opinions is something people in cults do. Get out of this thread with your accusatory bullshit

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Whew, it went over my head too and I was like has Nikana Nikana been possessed by Sony Beelzebub 🤪
Haha, alright.....my bad 😆

By the way, that was some convincing warrioring, man....

I cant take credit:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I cant take credit:

Oh hell, now I feel doubly stupid. Of course it's from GAFs resident genius engineer. But to be fair to me I hadn't previously seen that comedic post before.

I cant take credit:

Damn, I even saw that post previously. I'm going to have remember this if it's going to become pasta....
music video pasta GIF

Top Bottom