• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

elliot5

Whishing someone would release a cheap streaming device for mobile gaming. Screen on top with physical controls on the bottom, with limited hardware that's good enough to stream but probably couldn't run anything locally. You'd think something like that could be made a lot cheaper/smaller than the switch since you would be scaling down the hardware so much.
I would think just getting a cheap android and one of those kishi type things would be good enough? Unless youre dead set on controls on the bottom. Then you could get the 8bitdo controller with a clip-on.

DaGwaphics

I would think just getting a cheap android and one of those kishi type things would be good enough? Unless youre dead set on controls on the bottom. Then you could get the 8bitdo controller with a clip-on.

That's definitely the way most would play, with a phone and some type of addon controller (or via touch).

My imaginary device would be a small clamshell device that is very pocketable and has no function other than getting the streaming apps running. Would have the added bonus of not using your phone battery (other than maybe the hotspot feature to share the internet). With nub sticks and space optimized controls it could be a very svelte device.

The controller addons for the phone are just a bit large and cumbersome to carry around IMO.

DaGwaphics

Disingenuous bullshit warring gets gold now.

What kind of moron can't figure out that game disks that need to work in both X1 and Series are limited to 50GBs. LOL

That and the piles of non-activated Xboxs sitting around in 20 or 30 years when the consoles get disconnected are the most laughable bits.

I have zero issue playing games offline with my console set as the home console (X1 VCR). I can start ori just fine (even the GP copy), so not sure what this guys issue is. You do have to have the console online once every 30 days I believe for the GP titles. There are going to be some titles that are going to falter in game when they can't connect to dev servers or accounts, but that would be true across the board.

What kind of moron can't figure out that game disks that need to work in both X1 and Series are limited to 50GBs. LOL

That and the piles of non-activated Xboxs sitting around in 20 or 30 years when the consoles get disconnected are the most laughable bits.

I have zero issue playing games offline with my console set as the home console (X1 VCR). I can start ori just fine (even the GP copy), so not sure what this guys issue is. You do have to have the console online once every 30 days I believe for the GP titles. There are going to be some titles that are going to falter in game when they can't connect to dev servers or accounts, but that would be true across the board.
The concern in the main section is off the charts these days.

Jemm

There are apparently a ton of people with next gen consoles and no internet in 2021. Yet they can complain on an Internet forum about not having internet.
What is strange about that thread is that the people act like PS doesn't have any DRM-checks for digital games. Like could you just copy games from a friend on an external and play from there without any online checks? I doubt it or nobody would be buying PS-games.

If this is brought up, then the response is like: "We are talking about Xbox here. Does some other console having this make DRM a good thing on Xbox?"

This is like making a concern thread how one can't play games, if he removes the HDMI-cable between the PlayStation and TV. Then someone says: "Are you dumb? The same thing happens on Xbox!" "-We are talking about PlayStation here! Anyway..."

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

His first mistake was spending time in that thread. And yes, as Jemm put it. That last line was unnecessary. I assume Dodkrake is walking on thin ice as well, but no need to drop to his level.

Agreed. Normally you just shrug off the dogpiling in there with a laugh, but if you go in there tired or cranky it can be frustrating for sure. :messenger_beaming:

Kagey K

Banned
Anyone see or hear of the Cris Tales game?

Gamepass has it coming out in July and there's a demo avaliable.

Today is the 1st time I've seen or heard of it.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

It's beyond sad at this point.

You talking about the file size one? LOL

How are threads themselves marked as Gold?

I hope someone has made the requisite: "I've got 5 1TB external SSDs, how much game ready external storage do you have?" posts.

Last edited:

StormCell

It was the last line of that post.

His first mistake was spending time in that thread. And yes, as Jemm put it. That last line was unnecessary. I assume Dodkrake is walking on thin ice as well, but no need to drop to his level.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. Someone makes a disagreement personal by insinuating the person they disagree with is 12. That person retaliates by quipping that they can think of them as 12 if that's their preference, and THAT gets them banned?

Personally, the whole console warring thing is a huge downer that I wish would be confined to a community thread or two. It's just tiresome reading about what big pieces of expensive shit these next-gen consoles are. Personally, I'm really enjoying playing last-gen the way it should have been. lol Awesome time.

TBiddy

So let me see if I understand this correctly. Someone makes a disagreement personal by insinuating the person they disagree with is 12. That person retaliates by quipping that they can think of them as 12 if that's their preference, and THAT gets them banned?

Personally, the whole console warring thing is a huge downer that I wish would be confined to a community thread or two. It's just tiresome reading about what big pieces of expensive shit these next-gen consoles are. Personally, I'm really enjoying playing last-gen the way it should have been. lol Awesome time.

I guess it was the last straw, or whatever the saying is in English.

cormack12

Gold Member

The Kutaragi Clan will put a hit out on him for this opinion.

This is true for me as well. What gamepass does well is having another game to jump to right away. It doesn't matter that every game isn't AAA. There's enough games in there to cycle in and out and after you put one down, to go right to the other.

Games are becoming less replayable these days just due to the sheer number of titles, depth of busy work and the actual grind of the big heavy hitting multiplayer titles. Ironically games are becoming more disposable as people cling to nostalgic visions of libraries.

I'm just finishing gears 5 co-op campaign. Then there is MCC. I've just finished dishonored. I want to play dishonored 2. There is prey. Wolfenstein games, Minecraft dungeons, outer wilds and so many more. There's always something to play and move onto.

Sure it might take a few years before their first highly acclaimed AAA game drops but there is so much to play and it just works..

Personally, the whole console warring thing is a huge downer that I wish would be confined to a community thread or two
Maybe it's time to have a whole section for it? - a bit like Ars Technica with their "Battlefront" section. It could replace the politics forum. Have less strict moderation in it (for all sides though....) and let them all duke it out. Keep all the shit sloshing around in one pile. If it crosses into the regular sections then come down hard on them. Or move shitty, ruined threads to that section.

This is a noob question, but does SFS which is part of Xbox Velocity Architecture and its SSD apply to PC SSD's with Direct Storage API with Windows 10?

In other words, PC SSD's with 2.5GB/sec or higher bandwidth use
SFS?

DaGwaphics

This is a noob question, but does SFS which is part of Xbox Velocity Architecture and its SSD apply to PC SSD's with Direct Storage API with Windows 10?

In other words, PC SSD's with 2.5GB/sec or higher bandwidth use
SFS?

I believe so. Nvidia has made mention of the tech I think. Though, on the other hand, MS has mention hardware customization in regards to SFS, so maybe not.

These folks think it is a standard part of DX12 U (I have no idea about their credibility): https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7526...art-of-directx12-coming-to-pcs-too/index.html

I believe so. Nvidia has made mention of the tech I think. Though, on the other hand, MS has mention hardware customization in regards to SFS, so maybe not.

These folks think it is a standard part of DX12 U (I have no idea about their credibility): https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7526...art-of-directx12-coming-to-pcs-too/index.html
Arigato Gozaimasu!

with DDR5, PCIE5 coming soon, and if computers were to have SD Express 8.0 with 4GB/sec data transfer rate, I am sure SFS will be widely adopted in a manner of time!

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

This was my original plan last year when both came out, at the minute I’m having so much fun playing Outriders with randoms on GP, I still play my PS5 but I’ve reversed my train of thought too. Could almost be a tweet I would write right about now.

Looking forward to R&C but won’t be a day one purchase, I’ll wait for the reviews that look past the graphics and how many particle effects are on the screen at any one time (I’m not shitting on it I must stress)

I love both machines equally, but the Series X is certainly seeing more action lately. I’ve just bought Village for Series X too and that’s not one I can play with my mates.

I’ve made no secret that being an Xbox owner since the OG, a lot of stuff on GP I’ve already played or pixel art stuff has never appealed to me, but with Outriders I’ve easily got my money’s worth for the past two months of playing it.

There’s also Resi 7 on GP, probably play that before Village on easy just to get up to speed.

Pantz

$24.99 with XBL Gold on sale from $99.99 for 9 more days. I've been holding out for a deal on this :)

Wonder if the sequel will show up at E3?

I've made a fan. Bo is so obsessed with me, he's reacting to all my posts. I'm not sure whether to be scared or flattered. Clearly, he's losing his mind, but what can I do to help him?
Not a doctor, but in my opinion you have to post more. As a concerned citizen it is your responsibility to give him some sort of release. Wouldn't you want him being happy? If all it takes is to react to your post with a LOL I'd say it is your duty. I got served with some LOLs from him as well, but I don't post enough to make a difference in his well being. We don't want him throwing around death wishes to Xbox players (of course negated with an /s or LOL) again.

elliot5

hi_campaign_tower_cycle_1920x2702_6c2028e603f24810b0b803a2666c7eeb.jpg

I know it's screenshots and not video, and on PC at 4K, but I still think this looks more appealing than what's being shown for Horizon right now. Guerrilla are super great at what they do, and I'm sure Horizon will look fantastic once the actual PS5 gameplay is shown later, but Infinite doesn't really deserve the flak it gets. The July demo was bad, especially with the lighting condition and the pop-in, but fidelity wise they're both cross gen open world games, so... they look kinda similar.

Oh and it's at 60 fps and horizon will probably be 30

Last edited:

TBiddy

Not a doctor, but in my opinion you have to post more. As a concerned citizen it is your responsibility to give him some sort of release. Wouldn't you want him being happy? If all it takes is to react to your post with a LOL I'd say it is your duty. I got served with some LOLs from him as well, but I don't post enough to make a difference in his well being. We don't want him throwing around death wishes to Xbox players (of course negated with an /s or LOL) again.

What? Death wishes? I hope you're kidding me?

Top Bottom