• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Andodalf

Banned
It is out for everyone and I agree everyone should use it. Way less confusing than some of the in game calibrators. Set it and forget it.

Yeah, on my TV has poor HDR support, and before I had to turn HDR off for some games, but now the troublesome games have at least acceptable HDR

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah, on my TV has poor HDR support, and before I had to turn HDR off for some games, but now the troublesome games have at least acceptable HDR
Yeah HDR is so wildly different from tv to tv, and the in game settings (like paper white and max luminescence, don’t always help the user adjust it properly) This way the Xbox knows your settings on black levels and how high in whites it can go, in a way that’s easy to understand for the user, ensuring that they are getting the best HDR experience thier tv can muster.

Pantz

Is there any official word on how the HDR calibration app works? Are you sure it works for older games? I loaded up Assassin's Creed Origins (one I could never settle on HDR settings for) and you can still adjust the HDR settings so it's not like this app overrides game settings.

Posting for new page;

Game Pass Ultimate subscribers get two free months of Funimation Premium Plus, if they jump on the offer before October 25th.

Go watch My Hero Academia if you haven't already, it's so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox Series X pre-orders sold out within 15 minutes in India

It's the first time a console is launching there day in date as the rest of the World. The PS5 had its launch date pulled and has had no open pre-orders or even price confirmation yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Andodalf

Banned
Is there any official word on how the HDR calibration app works? Are you sure it works for older games? I loaded up Assassin's Creed Origins (one I could never settle on HDR settings for) and you can still adjust the HDR settings so it's not like this app overrides game settings.

Don’t quote me on this, but I think it just adjusts the consoles base/ default HDR settings
Over 23 studios ?

Could be him misspeaking, could
Be him referring to studios with different teams/ locations. For instance, when folks say 23, BGS is only counted for one where they have sister/daughter studios BGS Montreal, Dallas, and Austin. Dallas and Austin used to be their own studios, only Montreal is an original extension.

draliko

Sorry if it was already posted, found it on reddit and found it funny :messenger_beaming:
jpj5y0dm1hp51.jpg

Jboemios

Banned
Has Microsoft announced a XO event for this year?
Are there any news about the possibility to play your own games in xcloud?

splattered

SK Telecom, South Korea's largest wireless carrier (over 50% market share) is now advertising Xbox and xCloud in all their stores across the country.

Good. Ive been saying for forever that MS would have a much easier time breaking into South Korea and once it's well established it may help pave the way for improved adoption in other Asian countries. Very smart of them.

This is Drew Murray
For those of you that don't know him, he is a former Insomniac Games game director, and he is the motherfucker who directed Sunset Overdrive (y)
(He is also behind many ratchet and clank games and the Resistance series, but we don't care about that)

He has been working at The Initiative, microsoft's new, build from the ground AAA+++ studio since 2018
And here comes the tease:

Usually, I am the last one to tell you to get hyped.
but... get mother-fuckin-hyped!

Now, which one of you technology beasts can enhance for me the tv reflection on the eyes of Drew's beautiful daughter? :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
This is Drew Murray
For those of you that don't know him, he is a former Insomniac Games game director, and he is the motherfucker who directed Sunset Overdrive (y)
(He is also behind many ratchet and clank games and the Resistance series, but we don't care about that)

He has been working at The Initiative, microsoft's new, build from the ground AAA+++ studio since 2018
And here comes the tease:

Usually, I am the last one to tell you to get hyped.
but... get mother-fuckin-hyped!

Now, which one of you technology beasts can enhance for me the tv reflection on the eyes of Drew's beautiful daughter? :messenger_beaming:

Goddamn it I tried but no matter how far you zoom in you just can’t make anything out. 😅

-Arcadia-

Banned

Minecraft DXR?

If this were a Souls-esque launch surprise, I would be so happy. Even just a concrete date would make me happy. It’s like they showed Minecraft fans the coolest thing ever, then peaced out. On top of the same happening with the super duper graphics pack, and then it getting cancelled.

Top Bottom