• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

This game just looks so uninteresting and boring to me. I honestly don't see the excitement for it.

Huge fan of the first two Alien films, love the Giger aesthetic and can thus appreciate the design detail in Scorn. But I sure hope there is more variety in the level design and the gameplay than what has been show thus far. For instance, does the game ever NOT take place in these creepy corridors?

I didn’t actually know Scorn was a Gamepass Day One title. Makes it an easy call in giving it a fair shot to impress.

I‘ve really only delved into GP properly over the last couple of weeks - getting my LG CX was the motivation it seems - and It is just a great service. To think that every title from MS’s 23 studios are hitting this Day One is just nuts.

Just need word when Flight Simulator is coming.

Doncabesa

My, bad I misread something somewhere. Carry on! I believe you are right :)
Huzzah, they are fully embracing the work from home culture and not doing any corporate events through at least next summer outside of their own campus and good on them for it.

Yup, I’ve found it to be a great space in which to hang out thus far! 👍

Same. Also thanks to Bernkastel Bernkastel for the efforts on the thread so far, this stuff does take a lot of work. Shout-outs to @Hix as well, they've been doing pretty good with updates ITT.

Latest Scorn footage is looking really good, it's probably one of my most anticipated games out of the early launch stuff, for either system.

I have an insane backlog so i am totally waiting for the XSX experience... i preordered this forever ago and would have played on XB1X if not delayed but guess i can't complain.

Crazy to see Zaitsu meltdown... i got permabanned from the NG Speculation thread for a lot less. One of them being suggesting it possible that the PS5 was intended to come out in 2019 and several of the games are cross-gen and some were moved to PS5. Yet we have Zaitsu here saying he has an in with CDPR and that they received XSX dev kits 1.5 years later than PS5? Wouldn't that make my "speculation" true though? haha

The craziest part is in hindsight none of the bolded was false xD.

Huge fan of the first two Alien films, love the Giger aesthetic and can thus appreciate the design detail in Scorn. But I sure hope there is more variety in the level design and the gameplay than what has been show thus far. For instance, does the game ever NOT take place in these creepy corridors?

Eh, I mean, it's a Giger-inspired game. I can't think of any paintings he did that didn't involve dreary skies, bio-mechanical designs, muted color palettes and mixtures of cyberpunk scifi/horror (and sexual elements).

I can see there being (hopefully) other locations and the whole thing is taking place on like some massive alien ship with different (now abandoned) living quarters, facility areas...maybe even parts outdoors around the ship/facility complex and the whatnot like how some of the Metroid games do it. It'd be killer if even one of those outdoor areas evoked imagery from the hell dimension in Hellbound: Hellraiser 2. But this could be wishful thinking on my part.

Either way I'm just glad there's a modern game coming out channeling this aesthetic, at the very least I hope this does well enough to earn a sequel. Maybe they could even work out a deal with MS then and expand funding to broaden the scope?

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
That Gears 5 latency input update blows me away. What about the tech makes room for that type of improvement and when will every other game in the Xbox library get it?

TBiddy

I had more or less given up on Gaf, due to the rampant trolling, but that would mean giving up on the glorious meltdowns of the die-hard Sony fans, such as our Polish friend here.

What happened to Bo, btw? He's almost tolerable now.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I had more or less given up on Gaf, due to the rampant trolling, but that would mean giving up on the glorious meltdowns of the die-hard Sony fans, such as our Polish friend here.

What happened to Bo, btw? He's almost tolerable now.
Most topics are OK lately, and this topic is amazing for all Xbox news. As always the next-gen topic is mostly a PS fanboy hotspot.

No clue about Bo, he's on my ignore list.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Bill o Rights is fucker and xbot and can kiss my ass

mod edit:
374.png
So catching up on this fuckery we have another classic case of

HTMl3iE.gif

ZehDon

Gold Member
Just got an email from the Microsoft Store here in Australia. My Series X pre-order just charged its payment, and the delivery date shifted to 29 October. If only that date were true! Anyway - it’s happening! Not long to go now.

Last edited:
Just got an email from the Microsoft Store here in Australia. My Series X pre-order just charged its payment, and the delivery date shifted to 29 October. If only that date were true! Anyway - it’s happening! Not long to go now.

Was just about to post this

It's not just you but it's (probably) a mistake.

Edit;

Yep

Not long to go anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hostile_18

Banned
I was browsing the xbox store last night (theres a great app for monitoring deals and price changes, wish lists etc).

Anyways curiously noted Cyberpunk digitally is more expensive on the Xbox digitally in the UK than on Playstation £49.99 vs £44.99. Not sure why that would be. Quick google and couldnt see any articles about it.

If it does run better on the X, guess I'm paying for it 🤔

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I was browsing the xbox store last night (theres a great app for monitoring deals and price changes, wish lists etc).
Which app do you use for this? I mostly just buy in the American store in dollars. It's 16% cheaper compared to Europe due to the exchange rate.

Hostile_18

Banned
Which app do you use for this? I mostly just buy in the American store in dollars. It's 16% cheaper compared to Europe due to the exchange rate.

Well I only got into these apps last night but for xbox "Xb Deals" and for Playstation "PS Store DNA". Only slight issue is in the Xbox one the wish list is only max of 10 items (but there working on increasing it). When ever anything I'm interested in on both gets a deal, I get a push notification.

Is it easy to switch to the American store? Can you tie it to your main UK account? Any multiplayer region issues? On the Playstation I usually just but store credit on websites at a discount and redeem. Was planning to do the same for XB if the saving is worth it. 😊

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Well I only got into these apps last night but for xbox "Xb Deals" and for Playstation "PS Store DNA". Only slight issue is in the Xbox one the wish list is only max of 10 items (but there working on increasing it). When ever anything I'm interested in on both gets a deal, I get a push notification.

Is it easy to switch to the American store? Can you tie it to your main UK account? Any multiplayer region issues? On the Playstation I usually just but store credit on websites at a discount and redeem. Was planning to do the same for XB if the saving is worth it. 😊
It's been 7 years since I made that switch, so I don't exactly know anymore from my own experience. But here is a guide, that I think should still work. 4 years old though, but this is how I do it normally.

Night.Ninja

Banned

Anyways curiously noted Cyberpunk digitally is more expensive on the Xbox digitally in the UK than on Playstation £49.99 vs £44.99. Not sure why that would be. Quick google and couldnt see any articles about it.

If it does run better on the X, guess I'm paying for it 🤔
Most games are more expensive in the Microsoft store for some reason

smbu2000

Oh so that is an error then? I got the same message from the Microsoft JP store. They said my order had been shifted to Oct. 27th and then they charged me for my Series X.
Would've been nice to get it early!

Vognerful

Same. Also thanks to Bernkastel Bernkastel for the efforts on the thread so far, this stuff does take a lot of work. Shout-outs to @Hix as well, they've been doing pretty good with updates ITT.

Latest Scorn footage is looking really good, it's probably one of my most anticipated games out of the early launch stuff, for either system.

The craziest part is in hindsight none of the bolded was false xD.

Eh, I mean, it's a Giger-inspired game. I can't think of any paintings he did that didn't involve dreary skies, bio-mechanical designs, muted color palettes and mixtures of cyberpunk scifi/horror (and sexual elements).

I can see there being (hopefully) other locations and the whole thing is taking place on like some massive alien ship with different (now abandoned) living quarters, facility areas...maybe even parts outdoors around the ship/facility complex and the whatnot like how some of the Metroid games do it. It'd be killer if even one of those outdoor areas evoked imagery from the hell dimension in Hellbound: Hellraiser 2. But this could be wishful thinking on my part.

Either way I'm just glad there's a modern game coming out channeling this aesthetic, at the very least I hope this does well enough to earn a sequel. Maybe they could even work out a deal with MS then and expand funding to broaden the scope?
The funny thing is even Moore's Law is Dead said the same thing in his podcast. "They were making these games and then Sony told them : "you know, rework these games for a console several times stronger"".

Night.Ninja

Banned
Microsoft must be taking a larger cut than Sony? I can't imagine CDPR charging one set of fans more than the other willingly.

Still no where near as bad as Sonys new UK price point of £69.99 🤯🤯🤯

I'm kinda surprised its not a bigger issue tbh

I try to buy most of my games from the Brazil store, its much cheaper.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yeah getting Crimson Skies vibes, which is only a good thing.

Was on the fence because it's not on Game Pass (Ryan gets this wrong in the video) but just might have to get it at launch anyway

My launch slate is full but I will definitely grab this on a sale.

Top Bottom