• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

pawel86ck

Banned
So the Series S will in fact have all the 1X enhancements (plus some more), except without 4K upscaling? Sounds fair enough.
I think MS will make different enhancements for XSS. 4TF RDNA should run BC games at 1440p and that would be still good upgrade compared to 720-900p.

Last edited:

JLMC469

Banned

tenor.gif

T-Cake

That's interesting. Isn't there some kind of risk if you unplug it while a writing operation is in progress ?

No, you can do the same with USB on PC (disabling write cacheing or something in the settings). The Xbox will use NTFS Journalling (or maybe even the new ReFS) which will fix errors. At least, I think so. 😂

Alx

No, you can do the same with USB on PC (disabling write cacheing or something in the settings). The Xbox will use NTFS Journalling (or maybe even the new ReFS) which will fix errors. At least, I think so. 😂

Thanks. I didn't know it worked for USB too, I thought we were still at the stage of "click on 'eject device' before unplugging your key or you'll die !"

T-Cake

Thanks. I didn't know it worked for USB too, I thought we were still at the stage of "click on 'eject device' before unplugging your key or you'll die !"

Yeah, I always use the little Eject Device thing on the taskbar but my Seagate external HDD doesn't need it anyway, I discover!

oOvYlsC.png

Aladin

I have to say dirt 5 on XSS looks surprisingly sharp. Something tells me XSS for $299 will be a massive success and especially with cheap gamepass on top of that.
I am still buying a Series S. But I am not happy about the price. Feels like they are profiting off me, while subsidising series x buyers. Hopefully they revise it.

Greeno

Do you guys think that there will be an event later this year for Xbox? Matt Booty said at the July event that they have 6 more studios to show their games.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Do you guys think that there will be an event later this year for Xbox? Matt Booty said at the July event that they have 6 more studios to show their games.
Xbox will appear in TGS, but there probably wont be anything new. They may show something in Game Awards. X020 may happen after Series X release. Also, Klobrille is now teasing Initiative in twitter.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Bernkastel

First Party Studios and Projects
54bc945c-e104-4556-9c09-4eb7c9845e67.jpg

343 Industries
g1fgexD.jpg

The Coalition
4lyDcKB.jpg

Turn 10

gDIDwYg.jpg

Playground Games
j9zq0wW.jpg

Rare
BqhrAfF.jpg

Obsidian
TzpWtUz.jpg

InXile
deKGUrl.jpg

• Unannounced Project | Thread

Ninja Theory
cRHOal9.jpg

Compulsion Games
3rA4pJh.jpg

Undead Labs
9U8wlus.jpg

The Initiative

Double Fine
330px-Doublefinelogo.svg.png

Mojang Studios

330px-Mojang_Studios_logo_2020.svg.png

Worlds Edge
HeQxpjX.jpg

Other second and third party projects

Updated to reflect launch titles, holiday 2020 titles, 2021 titles and beyond with sources(if no source is linked, then it means the source is at the end of provided trailer or description).

splattered

Oh hell yes! I can't wait! Definitely going to preorder this one :D

Top Bottom