• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox owner : i sure miss some good (console) exclusives

Should i keep my XSX and also get a PS5 now ? I miss those exclusives dammit !

• Total voters

SSfox

I don't
D4s1ApN.png

Can't be disappointed by lack of exclusives on Xbox, if you don't have an Xbox
KIhZDyU.jpg

Banjo64

cumsessed
The insane catalog you have on PC, going back decades is just out of console reach. Not to mention that both Xbox and Playstation games are now on PC, and Switch too if you want to go down that road. I think no matter what console you pick today, you're going to feel immensely restricted in some ways.
All true but there’s still benefits to consoles, I just couldn’t only live with one of them. Whatever handheld Nintendo put out plus another is enough for me (even though I always have all 3).

93xfan

Banned
good exclusives are coming. Try to find some Gamepass hidden gems to get you by as you wait. Also, get a PS5 slim when it’s released. Many of the PS exclusives will get much needed price drops.

Last edited:

StormCell

Brutal honesty: I own them both. I love my PS5 and I really enjoyed Astrobot and Rift Apart. I actually play my XSX a hell of a lot more than the PS5. If I didn't have the PS5, I might feel a slight bit of FOMO but otherwise I really wouldn't be missing out on much so far.

As far as Xbox goes, I'm really looking forward to Starfield. If that one isn't a hit for me, then I might start to feel a bit of disappointment because Fable is still a long ways off. There's STALKER and some other good games to look forward to. Luckily, I do have a PS5 and there's plenty to look forward to there, so I won't feel too badly.

Honest truth is that I'm playing a ton of emulated games on my XSX -- all stuff that I own physically (in case anyone were to take issue with my use of Retroarch on Xbox). It's one of my favorite features since certain other companies just can't be arsed to get around to releasing their older games on their NSO -cough- -cough-...

I agree with the opening poster. The original Xbox was an amazing console for its time and revolutionary in a way that no console has been since. It had a hard drive, online services (a year after launch) and some truly amazing games. It was, for me, the spiritual successor to the criminally underappreciated Dreamcast, especially with its exclusive SEGA games at launch. It was a time when Microsoft pushed games with its own sports titles and quirky releases like Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Voodoo Vince, Blood Wake and Crimson Red Skies etc. Not all of the games were great but it had lots of games released in its very short lifespan. It had the variety too. It was the console that made me realise just how disappointing the PS2 was in terms of graphics with its shimmery, aliased visuals. The Xbox 360 was also good but the red light fiasco spoilt its reputation a bit (I went through FIVE consoles over the course of its life!) and the focus on Xbox Live saw Microsoft switch more and more toward multiplayer gaming. Still, it was a great machine compared with the TV! TV! TV! Xbox One which was underwhelming and underpowered throughout its entire lifespan and that only changed with the release of the Xbox One X, a beautifully designed machine that came too late to make any real impact over the inferior PS4 Pro which still boasted a better games library (at 1440p!). The Xbox One was also the console that saw Microsoft rely too heavily on tired franchises like Halo (which was no longer being made by Bungie) and good ones like Forza but nothing else really of note. In comparison, Sony continued to impress with plenty of great exclusive games and was my main console for that entire generation. I barely used my Xbox One (and later Xbox One X which I bought to watch 4K BD movies on!).

Now we have the Xbox Series X, which I only picked up in December 2021 (I bought the PS5 at launch in 2020) and while it is an absolutely fantastic piece of hardware, I am really disappointed at its lack of killer exclusive games almost two years after launch. Game Pass Ultimate is great, yes, but it is mostly third-party indie games that do not take advantage or show off the capabilities of the machine outside of a few games such as A Plague Tale: Requiem or High on Life for example. Enhanced backward compat can only carry a new console so far before you start craving for more and better. Sure, "the games are coming", Microsoft keep telling us, but after the criticisms of the Xbox One, Microsoft really should have been better prepared with the Xbox Series consoles. In my opinion, Microsoft need to get rid of Phil Spencer who has contributed almost nothing to the Xbox Series since launch. It is almost embarrassing at how ill-prepared they were for this generation. Sony haven't been perfect either but at least they've released some great games for the console that I cannot play anywhere else... Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Horizon: Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, God of War: Raganork, Returnal (coming to PC soon!) and so on.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Like a bunch of the Xbox user base, I play a bunch of multiplayer games that constantly receive content updates over a long period if time, so I always have a bunch of games to play during the lean times.

I do feel that 2023 is going to be like 2021, with a decent amount of first party releases. Redfall in May, Starfield in June or July and then one or two big releases this fall. It sounds like Sea of Thieves will get a large world expansion update as well this year.

Ok guys and gals, please let's try to be civil and not go down that route again, this is not a Vs thread so, all the angry internet people might skip this thread altogether as to avoid the (unfortunately) toxic behavior that plagues these kind of threads, having said that :

I still remember the day i first connected my OG Xbox to my Sony Trinitron flat CRT : the awesome boot-up sound, the weird menus and the obvious hardware advantage it had compared to the other "big 2" of that era.
Dead or Alive 3, to this day still remains one the best next-gen experiences® i've ever had , shit was just jaw-dropping, same thing with Panzer Dragoon Orta, absolutely beautiful graphics running at a rock-solid 60fps...Next were Jet set radio Future and Splinter Cell 1, jaws dropped again, JSRF was simply a joy to behold and Splinter cell...man, i still remember watching someone playing it in a video shop in pure amazement thinking "how is this friggin 300€ vidjya box be able to run this game with all the shadow gfx on ?" - game needed a beefy PC back in the day to play it as intended and yet, here was this weirdly shaped black box that was able to run it "properly" (shitty 640x480 res and all that).Also : Shenmue 2, i mean, what a jolly good experience that game was, i still love it to this day, sure, it was also available on the Dreamcast but we all remember what happened there.
In some ways, the OG XBOX really felt like a continuation of the Dreamcast, you had these really quality "console-type®" games - especially when it came to Sega titles (thank you Smilebit).
Anyway, couple of years passed and the console received some other nice exclusives like FROM's Otogi 1 & 2, KOTOR, Splinter Cell 2 & 3, Fable, Halo 2, DOA Ultimate and the G.O.T Ninja Gaiden?/Black.
Did it have the library of the PS2 (which i also had) ? Absolutely not, it didn't matter though, i was happy with what the Xbox had to offer console exclusive-wise.

Enter November 2005 : The Xbox 360 gets released, sure the launch line-up wasn't that great (Condemned & Kameo were cool though) but...what a generation gents, i mean, besides the obvious "AAA" games/MS exclusives like Halo/Gears, just the fact that you had numbered, once PS exclusive entries (absent from a PS platform) like Ridge racer 6 & Ace Combat 6 was - how to put it - weird but also awesome at the same time.Also : we all remember the FF 13 announcement , right ? :D A Final fantasy entry on a non Sony/Nintendo platform, 'nuff said.
Fantastic console , shame about the RROD absolute fiasco though since i had 4 different console/revisions failing on me but hey, can't complain, i had my fun.

Xbox one : Skipped most of the gen since i went PS4 only that time and came back 6-7 months before the release of the XSX/XSS with a XBOX One X - i just had to replay Ninja Gaiden 2, Panzer dragoon Orta and a couple of other BC games.
Got Gamepass, played through most of the MS exclusives i had missed like Quantum Break, Ryse Son of Rome, Halo MCC, Halo 5, Gears 4 & 5 etc etc. - enjoyed them all.

Series X/S : Sold my One X, was able to get a XSX at launch and the rest is history.
Have been enjoying various games on gamepass but - and here's the thing guys and gals - i miss some damned good console exclusives dammit, sure, we had Halo infinite , Forza Horizon 5 and MS Flight sim but, never was a racing fan nor a flight sim type fan, halo Infinite on the other hand...the less i say the better.
it really says something when you've enjoyed indie games like Katana zero, Ghost song and a few others more than a Multi-billion company's exclusives, after all, a good game is a good game but it's not like you go and spend 500 eurodollars on a "next-gen" console to be able to play mostly indie games.

It's been 2 years since release for Christ's sake and there's been nothing for me to justify the purchase i've made, i kind of feel duped by all the promises and i share the same opinion as many other users : stop all the damned PR, stop announcing games ages before and just show us the games some months before they get actually released.
Now, before someone mentions the COVID pandemic and all the complications it created in the industry , i can't help but taking a look at the Playstation catalogue : Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank , Returnal, FF7 Intergrade (didn't play the remake on my PS4), Horizon Forbidden West, GOW Ragnarok and upcoming ones like Final Fantasy 16 (looks brilliant), Silent Hill 2 remake etc etc - all games right up my alley since i love me some 3rd person games & RPG.
It's a rhetorical question but, if Sony was able to do it (release more than a few good/quality exclusives in the span of 2 years), why wasn't Microsoft able to the same ?

I don't know guys, i really miss the quality of the PS exclusives and while the 3rd person action-adventure photo meme may still apply, there's just this undeniable quality about them and are also a known quantity, meanwhile, us who are only xbox users are still waiting for Fable (God knows how it'll turn out to be after all those rumours) after more than 5 years, a Perfect Dark game (most of the devs left/unknown quantity), the Indiana jones game from Machine games (have they ever made a 3rd person game ?)plus, the future of Halo is questionable and so on so forth, it's just been a disappointing ride for me so far.Sure, 120Hz supported games and backwards compatibility are really nice to have but...they can only take you so far, again, i'm really starving for some good AAAAAAAA games since i've had my share of indies these past few months.
My craving for that kind of Sony exclusives has grown so much that i got actually interested in acquiring a PS5 lately - if it wasn't for the fact that A) i don't have the time nowadays to play that much plus, trying to justify owning 2 consoles, B) the still ridiculous prices/scalping over here in Euroland (700€ even from Amazon.it) and the fact that you can't walk into a store and get one and C) the fact that a new slim/Pro console might release sooner than we think.

I fully acknowledge that MS exclusives are coming but...the fact is when , and truth be told, i'm getting envious of the PS5 library and exclusives.

I find it kind of funny to be honest, i never really thought that i'd be missing those kind of games to the point of kind of regretting my purchase and jumping ship again, but, in the end guys/gals, it's all about the games (i.e: preferences) and not some dumb multi-billion brand loyalty and the shiny plastic box(es) it produces.

Thanks in advance for chiming in boys and girls, cheers !
You are missing out not having a ps5

Perhaps I’m the minority, but there are far too many good games to play on Xbox that I can’t play them all. I don’t worry about exclusivity, I just play the games I want to play.

OK guys and gals, i finally did it, traded my XSX for a PS5 Gow Ragnarok bundle, subscribed to PS plus extra for a year and I couldn't be happier...
The only problem : how the fuck am I gonna find the time to play all those games that I missed ?
I mean, downloaded Ghost of Tsushima, FF7remake intergrade, Horizon forbidden west, both Spidey games, Returnal, Days gone, Demon souls remake, TLOU2 (for a tenner) amongst a fuckton of others, the "TriPplE A®" hunger is real 😁.

A couple of observations:
- The new PS5 menu/OS is some of the most convoluted shit ever, why couldn't they keep the PS4 one ? No shortcuts like double tapping the PS button as to be able to switch between 2 screens anymore, my PS4 community captures are nowhere to be found, the PS store is a fucking mess etc etc.

- The dualsense battery is a friggin' joke - especially if you have a headset connected to it, it lasts about...4-5 hours.

- After 2 years (judging by the internet), there are still the same problems with the console's wi-fi connectivity, Remote Play (dualsense buttons are messed up even on Android 12), good ol'Sony not giving 2 fooks, amirite ?

- Console is pretty much silent, just not as dead silent as the XSX since there's a weird whirring when console is under stress (I presume).

- Holy shit the at the download speeds : It usually maxes out my connection at almost 100MB/s (1Gbps line here) compared to the XSX which never exceeded the 300Mbps mark even when hardwired.

Anyway, too many games to play mang, it's almost overwhelming...

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Get the PS5 and keep the XSX. That way you can play all the great exclusives that the XSX and all the great exclusives that the PS5 has. Both consoles have been awesome with games since they came out.

The Shepard

OK guys and gals, i finally did it, traded my XSX for a PS5 Gow Ragnarok bundle, subscribed to PS plus extra for a year and I couldn't be happier...
The only problem : how the fuck am I gonna find the time to play all those games that I missed ?
I mean, downloaded Ghost of Tsushima, FF7remake intergrade, Horizon forbidden west, both Spidey games, Returnal, Days gone, Demon souls remake, TLOU2 (for a tenner) amongst a fuckton of others, the "TriPplE A®" hunger is real 😁.

- The new PS5 menu/OS is some of the most convoluted shit ever, why couldn't they keep the PS4 one ? No shortcuts like double tapping the PS button as to be able to switch between 2 screens anymore, my PS4 community captures are nowhere to be found, the PS store is a fucking mess etc etc.

- The dualsense battery is a friggin' joke - especially if you have a headset connected to it, it lasts about...4-5 hours.

- After 2 years (judging by the internet), there are still the same problems with the console's wi-fi connectivity, Remote Play (dualsense buttons are messed up even on Android 12), good ol'Sony not giving 2 fooks, amirite ?

- Console is pretty much silent, just not as dead silent as the XSX since there's a weird whirring when console is under stress (I presume).

- Holy shit the at the download speeds : It usually maxes out my connection at almost 100MB/s (1Gbps line here) compared to the XSX which never exceeded the 300Mbps mark even when hardwired.

I own both the series x and a playstation 5 and your definitely in for a treat with those games and definitely made the right decision imo. At this point in the generation I'm pretty dissapointed in Microsofts output so far. I wish they'd stop chasing publishers and concentrate on getting some excellent games out to compete with Sonys first party.

Get the PS5 and keep the XSX. That way you can play all the great exclusives that the XSX and all the great exclusives that the PS5 has. Both consoles have been awesome with games since they came out.

Thanks Kvally but I traded the XSX - I just couldn't justify having 2 consoles since my free time is limited nowadays brother.
I kinda miss my XSX tbh though since I got accustomed to the the snappy OS plus, it never gave any problems when connecting to wifi (spent/lost 6 fookin' hours Saturday evening trying to connect the PS5 to my wifi to no avail, apparently, the PS5 doesn't "play well" with some routers).
I also had a huge catalogue of DL'd and physical games but...they'll always be mine if I decide to jump into the Xbox ecosystem again.

Truth be told, I just couldn't muster playing games that don't interest me, the final straw was amnesia rebirth where I kept saying to myself " why am I even playing this?" or, upon finishing the 587469th indie 2D Metroidvania like Moonscars...
Not even Hi-fi rush managed to grab me - exceptionally well made game but, it wasn't for me, and this is the problem with Game pass IMO, I'd like to be able to play games that I'm actually interested in instead of wasting my time with games just to keep myself entertained/engaged for a couple of hours.

I guess I'm just a sucker when it comes to third person cinematic games - and this is something that whether we like it or not, Sony excels in, I mean, just by playing TLOU2 for 2 hours the other day were enough to make my buyer's remorse (and trading my XSX) go away in an instant.

MS definitely needs to step up their shit when it comes to this, papa Phil's empty promises and good backwards compatibility can only take you so far I'm afraid.

Cheers

Last edited:

Sounds like you didn't have a PS4 either? You'll definitely have a ton to play then.

Make sure you grab the PS+ Collection games before they're gone.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Keep the Xbox Series X, I think there's going to be potential. If not, there's some retail homebrew you can do with RetroArch and installing old PC games.

Sounds like you didn't have a PS4 either? You'll definitely have a ton to play then.

Make sure you grab the PS+ Collection games before they're gone.

Hey Miku ! I did have a PS4 in fact, it's just that I never played games like The last of Us 2 and ghost of tsushima 'cause I had sold my PS4 Pro and bought an Xbox One X (and the series X after).

I already downloaded the PS Plus collection, thanks 👍

Again, the "problem" lies in the fact that these PS exclusives are 30 to 40 hours affairs and I don't know if I will be able to finish all of them during my one year extra subscription (which I got for €83 instead of 100) 😁.

Cheers buddy

Hey Miku ! I did have a PS4 in fact, it's just that I never played games like The last of Us 2 and ghost of tsushima 'cause I had sold my PS4 Pro and bought an Xbox One X (and the series X after).

Again, the "problem" lies in the fact that these PS exclusives are 30 to 40 hours affairs and I don't know if I will be able to finish all of them during my one year extra subscription (which I got for €83 instead of 100) 😁.

Cheers buddy
Well if you decide to get a 2nd year, Extra is still a bargain. Sounds like you have some work to do though lol.

anthony2690

Banned
2023 is probably one of the years I've been most excited as an Xbox owner ever.

We have Redfall, Starfield, Tokyo Ghostwire, Forza Motorsport minimum upcoming games that I'm all excited about.

Then all the incredible third party games that I can't even keep up with as it is.

Then Guilty Gear Strive is coming to game pass with crossplay so it will be mega active online (I didn't even think this game would ever grace Xbox)

Then street fighter 6, diablo 4 and loads more that is probably yet to revealed first and third party & game pass additions that we don't even know about.

Tbh this probably one of the years I've been most excited about ever as someone who enjoys video games in general.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's a very honest and reasonable opinion you have in the original post. But separate from your taste there is nothing from the beginning of the inception of Xbox till now other than a two-year period in the late 2000s that has convinced me to recommend anything but a Sony or Nintendo console.

I hope certainly we aren't as Fanboy driven as we were 10 to 15 years ago to see that Microsoft doesn't manage their studios and make the same types of games that you can rely on on a consistent basis no matter how many studios they consume. This is one of the reasons I don't really trust or care for them to own more because it's easy enough to when you have the money to buy everything but when you're doing nothing with it and it sits there collecting dust, figure it'll be speaking, your once reasonable reputation erodes.

This is where Microsoft is and other than being a little bit more powerful which is honestly questionable, there is no reason to have that console versus the main competition. You can dispute it based on your taste but the numbers and the facts don't lie and them having a war test the studios when they don't have any idea how to manage them is one of the reasons they are where they are regardless of what PR might say.

They're better off being a third party developer at this point.

I come in some of their strategy and their efforts on the PC side but that doesn't change my opinion.

SteadyEvo

How the hell is it possible to care so much about this topic? Play games, enjoy them. JFC.
If you read the post it sounds to me like OP is regretting his purchase.

I’d say wait for a retail priced PS5. In the meantime time give Atomic Heart and As Dusk Falls a try. Or get a Switch for Metroid Prime Remastered 🤤🤤🤤

Also take the time to compare Gamepass with Sonys offering. Make sure you like what they have unless you plan to buy all the games you want individually.

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned

Cheers buddy
OT - Nice bike in the profile Pic

I had a 748 SPS and a 996 R ( Before I had kids )

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Ok guys and gals, please let's try to be civil and not go down that route again, this is not a Vs thread so, all the angry internet people might skip this thread altogether as to avoid the (unfortunately) toxic behavior that plagues these kind of threads, having said that :

I still remember the day i first connected my OG Xbox to my Sony Trinitron flat CRT : the awesome boot-up sound, the weird menus and the obvious hardware advantage it had compared to the other "big 2" of that era.
Dead or Alive 3, to this day still remains one the best next-gen experiences® i've ever had , shit was just jaw-dropping, same thing with Panzer Dragoon Orta, absolutely beautiful graphics running at a rock-solid 60fps...Next were Jet set radio Future and Splinter Cell 1, jaws dropped again, JSRF was simply a joy to behold and Splinter cell...man, i still remember watching someone playing it in a video shop in pure amazement thinking "how is this friggin 300€ vidjya box be able to run this game with all the shadow gfx on ?" - game needed a beefy PC back in the day to play it as intended and yet, here was this weirdly shaped black box that was able to run it "properly" (shitty 640x480 res and all that).Also : Shenmue 2, i mean, what a jolly good experience that game was, i still love it to this day, sure, it was also available on the Dreamcast but we all remember what happened there.
In some ways, the OG XBOX really felt like a continuation of the Dreamcast, you had these really quality "console-type®" games - especially when it came to Sega titles (thank you Smilebit).
Anyway, couple of years passed and the console received some other nice exclusives like FROM's Otogi 1 & 2, KOTOR, Splinter Cell 2 & 3, Fable, Halo 2, DOA Ultimate and the G.O.T Ninja Gaiden?/Black.
Did it have the library of the PS2 (which i also had) ? Absolutely not, it didn't matter though, i was happy with what the Xbox had to offer console exclusive-wise.

Enter November 2005 : The Xbox 360 gets released, sure the launch line-up wasn't that great (Condemned & Kameo were cool though) but...what a generation gents, i mean, besides the obvious "AAA" games/MS exclusives like Halo/Gears, just the fact that you had numbered, once PS exclusive entries (absent from a PS platform) like Ridge racer 6 & Ace Combat 6 was - how to put it - weird but also awesome at the same time.Also : we all remember the FF 13 announcement , right ? :D A Final fantasy entry on a non Sony/Nintendo platform, 'nuff said.
Fantastic console , shame about the RROD absolute fiasco though since i had 4 different console/revisions failing on me but hey, can't complain, i had my fun.

Xbox one : Skipped most of the gen since i went PS4 only that time and came back 6-7 months before the release of the XSX/XSS with a XBOX One X - i just had to replay Ninja Gaiden 2, Panzer dragoon Orta and a couple of other BC games.
Got Gamepass, played through most of the MS exclusives i had missed like Quantum Break, Ryse Son of Rome, Halo MCC, Halo 5, Gears 4 & 5 etc etc. - enjoyed them all.

Series X/S : Sold my One X, was able to get a XSX at launch and the rest is history.
Have been enjoying various games on gamepass but - and here's the thing guys and gals - i miss some damned good console exclusives dammit, sure, we had Halo infinite , Forza Horizon 5 and MS Flight sim but, never was a racing fan nor a flight sim type fan, halo Infinite on the other hand...the less i say the better.
it really says something when you've enjoyed indie games like Katana zero, Ghost song and a few others more than a Multi-billion company's exclusives, after all, a good game is a good game but it's not like you go and spend 500 eurodollars on a "next-gen" console to be able to play mostly indie games.

It's been 2 years since release for Christ's sake and there's been nothing for me to justify the purchase i've made, i kind of feel duped by all the promises and i share the same opinion as many other users : stop all the damned PR, stop announcing games ages before and just show us the games some months before they get actually released.
Now, before someone mentions the COVID pandemic and all the complications it created in the industry , i can't help but taking a look at the Playstation catalogue : Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank , Returnal, FF7 Intergrade (didn't play the remake on my PS4), Horizon Forbidden West, GOW Ragnarok and upcoming ones like Final Fantasy 16 (looks brilliant), Silent Hill 2 remake etc etc - all games right up my alley since i love me some 3rd person games & RPG.
It's a rhetorical question but, if Sony was able to do it (release more than a few good/quality exclusives in the span of 2 years), why wasn't Microsoft able to the same ?

I don't know guys, i really miss the quality of the PS exclusives and while the 3rd person action-adventure photo meme may still apply, there's just this undeniable quality about them and are also a known quantity, meanwhile, us who are only xbox users are still waiting for Fable (God knows how it'll turn out to be after all those rumours) after more than 5 years, a Perfect Dark game (most of the devs left/unknown quantity), the Indiana jones game from Machine games (have they ever made a 3rd person game ?)plus, the future of Halo is questionable and so on so forth, it's just been a disappointing ride for me so far.Sure, 120Hz supported games and backwards compatibility are really nice to have but...they can only take you so far, again, i'm really starving for some good AAAAAAAA games since i've had my share of indies these past few months.
My craving for that kind of Sony exclusives has grown so much that i got actually interested in acquiring a PS5 lately - if it wasn't for the fact that A) i don't have the time nowadays to play that much plus, trying to justify owning 2 consoles, B) the still ridiculous prices/scalping over here in Euroland (700€ even from Amazon.it) and the fact that you can't walk into a store and get one and C) the fact that a new slim/Pro console might release sooner than we think.

I fully acknowledge that MS exclusives are coming but...the fact is when , and truth be told, i'm getting envious of the PS5 library and exclusives.

I find it kind of funny to be honest, i never really thought that i'd be missing those kind of games to the point of kind of regretting my purchase and jumping ship again, but, in the end guys/gals, it's all about the games (i.e: preferences) and not some dumb multi-billion brand loyalty and the shiny plastic box(es) it produces.

Thanks in advance for chiming in boys and girls, cheers !
I guess you missed the part of the 25+ studios they bought....and the impending Activision purchase....and Gamepass....

Keep the XSX and save up for the pS5....they aren't that expensive

To me that just reads like trolling.

Kacho

Gold Member
I'm way too invested in the Xbox ecosystem to back out now. What drives me crazy is the amount of smaller games skipping the platform. No Tactics Ogre or Theatrhythm but we get Crisis Core and Origins. It's so bizarre.

I do plan on grabbing a PS5 slim model since I want to play Final Fantasy XV. Demon's Souls is another. Hoping by the time the slim drops there's another game or two that tickles my fancy.

Enjoy the PS5, OP.

Why did you buy a PS5? You hate PlayStation.
So he can say, "I own a PlayStation, trust me, it sucks".

OP, if you care enough about gaming to post on videogame boards, it's most likely worthwhile to own all the consoles. It's liberating knowing you can play what you want, not just what happens to be available on your particular machine.

Last edited:
I'm way too invested in the Xbox ecosystem to back out now. What drives me crazy is the amount of smaller games skipping the platform. No Tactics Ogre or Theatrhythm but we get Crisis Core and Origins. It's so bizarre.

I do plan on grabbing a PS5 slim model since I want to play Final Fantasy XV. Demon's Souls is another. Hoping by the time the slim drops there's another game or two that tickles my fancy.

Enjoy the PS5, OP.
Square does seem random when it comes to Xbox. I'm guessing most of their games sales on Xbox just straddle the fence if they make financial sense to port over.

Them putting Octopath Traveler on Xbox and not PS, then doing the reverse for Octopath Traveler 2, is especially confusing.

SpokkX

Ps5 is a better console today - it is that simple

I like gamepass but last year had really nothing exclusive and Sony had LOTS

Hopefully this year ms will release at least 2 big titles.. but so will sony

Still. I love Sea of thieves and look forward to valheim

Kacho

Gold Member
Them putting Octopath Traveler on Xbox and not PS, then doing the reverse for Octopath Traveler 2, is especially confusing.
Right? Like wtf… haha

The sporadic releases on Xbox aren’t just limited to Square. Capcom didn’t bring the newest Ace Attorney or the latest Mega Man collection. Koei missed Xbox with a ton of Musou games. The list goes on for me and my tastes.

I couldn’t care less about the tent pole PlayStation exclusives but they are a much better fit for me when it comes to niche games. I see myself transitioning to the PlayStation ecosystem by the end of this gen if Xbox doesn’t improve things dramatically.

Last edited:
Amazing insight friend, thanks for chiming in.
That's me. I think it is trolling tbh and games you don't list are also quite telling. Don't tell us Redfall not for you, nor Starfield or Foza You know, the games we know are coming this year and all should be out before July.

Oh I'm very happy thanks. I do agree SONY did a better job getting games out, but this year will change all that

ACESHIGH

Banned
Both Sony and Ms have exclusives it's just that Sony once resonate better with critics because they have a massive inferiority complex vs TV and movies, so cinematic games show that the media has "matured"
MS and Nintendo games are more gameplay oriented.

Anyway. Starfield will dwarf everything in a couple of months. That's a "must build new rig" game.

If you like cinematic games op then ps is your place. I don't want MS or Nintendo to copy their approach.

That's me. I think it is trolling tbh and games you don't list are also quite telling. Don't tell us Redfall not for you, nor Starfield or Foza You know, the games we know are coming this year and all should be out before July.

Oh I'm very happy thanks. I do agree SONY did a better job getting games out, but this year will change all that

You don't get it , do you ?
Having a different opinion than yours is not "trolling" mang, how old are you exactly? 😁
What, do I need to write down a list of all the games I've played on the series x so I can get your approval ?

Also, did you take a look in the various redfall threads? I don't know how you can look at that game and tell me with a straight face that it's gonna be fun or even "next gen", besides I never was a fan of arcane or FPS's.
Starfield? I'm way too old and tired of playing the usual Bethesda junkfests, if you like them more power to you but they're not for me any more.
As for Forza, never was a fan of racing games and simulators in particular - and to make you feel better, I 've never enjoyed the Gran Turismos either.

Now what? You're going to start telling us what we should and shouldn't like? lol man, you see this is the thing you're too invested in list wars, in the end people enjoy what what they do enjoy, I don't care if this year or the next year or the year after is gonna be Microsoft's big year, I got the console in November of 2022 and I just got tired of Papa Phil's infinite PR and lack of interesting games (to me).

Anyways, You do you friend, cheerio

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Keep both dude but yea, get a PS5 when you're able.

XBOX may seem underwhelming now but you're gonna kick yourself when that exclusive game comes out and you don't have access to it.

I may get a XSX for Tango alone. Kind of interested in Bethesda proper but I can live without them for the time being.

Arthimura

I decided to have both PS5 and Xbox Series X and I don't regret.

XSX is good because of the exclusives that are being released and also retrocompatibility with older Xbox games. Also it has great value with Gamepass. The exclusives are coming as Microsoft is acquiring new studios, I just finished Hi-Fi RUSH, waiting for Redfall, Hellblade 2, Starfield, etc. I never had a Xbox before and it's being a lot of fun having a XSX.

And PlayStation it is a no-brainer for me. It's being my main consoles for generations and it's always worth it, both for exclusives and multiplatforms. When I buy a game at release, it's usually on PS5 (last one was Hogwarts Legacy).

Last edited:

TonyK

I habe both and I play way more in seriesX because of Quick resume. It has changed totally the way I play. Now I play more time (I don't know if that it's good) and enjoy more my time playing (that's is good for sure). But even if a love it, it's only a software feature. If PS5 had something equivalent to quick resume I would continue with it and not changed to seriesX.

In fact, it has impacted so much in how I handle my time playing that my biggest fear now is the possibility that they remove the feature in the next gen, as it's something non essential for gaming.

So in resume: I like both, one for the quick resume function and the other for the exclusives (Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Guerrilla, Insomniac, Sucker Punch...). I love and need both.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Keep both dude but yea, get a PS5 when you're able.

XBOX may seem underwhelming now but you're gonna kick yourself when that exclusive game comes out and you don't have access to it.

I may get a XSX for Tango alone. Kind of interested in Bethesda proper but I can live without them for the time being.
My Series S is going downstairs for my kids and I’m going to buy one of these for Xbox exclusives:

backbone-one-playstation-edition-revealed-3.jpg

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I voted that you should get a PS5 and dump your Series X asap. That should solve your problems and after Xbox has released ten exclusives that you want to play you can consider getting a new Xbox some time down the line. There's no reason to stick with something that isn't doing for you, this is how loveless marriages come to be.

I learned many, many years ago.this is the worst plan ever. Buy all consoles and keep them, it puts you in the best position to play all of the best games. Selling them off just delays the inevitable and costs you more in the long run. No issues once the next gen fully starts.

Top Bottom