• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox power king articles

Lort

Banned
This thread is to simply sum up all articles for easy reference so they don’t get lost if a mess of uninformed conjecture.

You can expect any positive PS5 thing to get it’s own thread ... but we will take a different path here and provide a solid library for future reference.

I will update as per peoples suggestions.

xbox general power:

( SSD and real world performance, SDF debunking)

Xbox GPU power
( custom xbox enhancements real world performance between a 2080 and 2080ti)

( benchmarks from RDNA1 suggest xbox sig faster than ps5)

Xbox ray tracing
( Xbox has more CUs equals faster ray tracing)

Xbox Audio
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-features-dedicated-audio-chip-confirms-microsoft
( dedicates chip .. 3d positional sound Dolby atm is support)

( Audio ray tracing in hardware)

xbox virtual ram / ssd / io performance

( optimised loading xbox velocity engine)

(Xbox texture compression > ps5)

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
Keep posting more! There's lots of articles that I need to read since I couldn't go to work today.
I know theres plenty more hidden away .. I only want good ones .. but if they are good I’ll post them! .. I don’t care if they are pro ps5 as well it’s just about collecting all of the technical things that are good about xbox console in one place :)

A Sony ex game designer is not a relayable source.
Facts confirmed by Microsoft are.
So an example, Jason Schreier with his story that 3 developers saying the PS5 is equal and at some points better than the SeriesX
Is also a rumor and not a fact
Stick to the facts😉

Last edited:
Probably not the right thread but there’s so many... in terms of the power gap between the XSEX and the Ps5, is it similar to the XONE and Ps4 gap, or larger?

Lort

Banned
A Sony ex game designer is not a relayable source.
Facts confirmed by Microsoft are.
So an example, Jason Schreier with his story that 3 developers saying the PS5 is equal and at some points better than the SeriesX
Is also a rumor and not a fact
Stick to the facts😉

if life were that easy I’d do that. We had people post that the xbox wasn’t 12 tf after MS confirmed it .. now we have people posting that xsx is variable clock speed when MS made a huge point if saying it’s not.

I will not be the judge of truth ... ( although I’ll have an opnion sometimes) ... it it half seems reliable I’ll post it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
226-2261003_fire-fire-burning-gif-png.png

if life were that easy I’d do that. We had people post that the xbox wasn’t 12 tf after MS confirmed it .. now we have people posting that xsx is variable clock speed when MS made a huge point if saying it’s not.

I will not be the judge of truth ... ( although I’ll have an opnion sometimes) ... it it half seems reliable I’ll post it.
I except your opnion, no sweat😉

Last edited:
Probably not the right thread but there’s so many... in terms of the power gap between the XSEX and the Ps5, is it similar to the XONE and Ps4 gap, or larger?
That is yet to be known, let's just say it's very different because there's more going on. The Series X is undoubtedly more powerful, but with the RT stuff factored in, the memory bandwidth differences, its yet to be seen by how much.

Top Bottom