• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox sale round-up August 9th, 2022 - CRYSIS TRILOGY FOR $20 - PANZER DRAGOON REMAKE $2.49

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Another great week of sales. Crysis Trilogy is $20 only.

Some notable things on sale IMO:

AC Origins Season Pass $12 (base game is available on Game Pass)
Darksiders 1 $4.99 (360 version is 4K/60 with BC)
Crysis Trilogy $19.99
Witcher 3 GoTY $9.99 (1440p/60 FPS on SX, free next gen patch coming later this year)
Outlast 2 $4.49
GTA IV $6.99 (720p/60 FPS on Series S|X)
Max Payne 3 $8.99
Red Dead Redemption $9.99 (4K/30 FPS on SX)

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Is crysis remake trilogy good? I remember people saying it was rough at launch
I mean, they're not great games anyway. The first one was interesting at the time as it felt so open, but the sequels are uninspired drivel. They look good and I suppose as guilty power fantasy games they're fine, but they are too easy and the enemy AI is absolutely dreadful. It's a good amount of content for $20 though, I just wouldn't play them on anything other than PS5/Series X/PC as they run at 30fps on everything else and it's disgusting.

adamsapple

GTA IV is a fucking gem but that 720p is rough.
Yeah, R* are too busy planning next gen GTA V re-releases right now I bet :(

At least the 360 version had the foresight to be unlocked, so you get a nice 60 FPS.

They were rough for PS4 Pro, One X etc. But the newer consoles can mostly just brute force it. It's the entire trilogy for a cool $20, so if you've never played them before, now is a good time.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Another great week of sales. Crysis Trilogy is $20 only.

Some notable things on sale IMO:

AC Origins Season Pass $12 (base game is available on Game Pass)
Darksiders 1 $4.99 (360 version is 4K/60 with BC)
Crysis Trilogy $19.99
Witcher 3 GoTY $9.99 (1440p/60 FPS on SX, free next gen patch coming later this year)
Outlast 2 $4.49
Max Payne 3 $8.99
Red Dead Redemption $9.99 (4K/30 FPS on SX)
Thanks for the tip… quite a good loot (already got GTA IV on a different sale, but not the DLC):

k2dt43p.jpg
nhHFR5l.jpg
rREJJGH.jpg

All on nice sales.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Anyway to sort by price?

Edit: nevermind found the website.

Last edited:
Cant believe AC black flag isn't playable at 60 fps on Series x and the Ezio trilogy is 60 fps but is low res. Also can't believe Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, and Quantum Break never got any kind of 60 fps boost from Xbox. Microsoft is supposed to be the company making strides in Back compatibility and yet didn't bother to improve these xbox one exclusives ...it's just weird and very disappointing.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I want gta 4 but man 720p is rough, I also want red dead 1 but 30fps is pain. Cant have nice things

I might try and hunt down the reprints in xbox one cases for the discs

Jaybe

I read a Reddit thread that at least one mandatory QTE was next to impossible to complete with the 60 fps improvement on Series due to the number of presses required being impacted by the frames.

fatmarco

I read a Reddit thread that at least one mandatory QTE was next to impossible to complete with the 60 fps improvement on Series due to the number of presses required being impacted by the frames.
It isn't true its just very difficult. I did it while standing lol.

But yeah the ending QTE on the helicopter after the motorbike jump is what's effected by the doubling of the framerate. If you know its coming it's doable but still hard.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Damn I forgot to buy saints row 1 last week. Oh well.

Sucks metro exodus isn't on sale alone I have the two other games.

Roberts

Cant believe AC black flag isn't playable at 60 fps on Series x and the Ezio trilogy is 60 fps but is low res. Also can't believe Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, and Quantum Break never got any kind of 60 fps boost from Xbox. Microsoft is supposed to be the company making strides in Back compatibility and yet didn't bother to improve these xbox one exclusives ...it's just weird and very disappointing.
I'm pretty sure they have tried to apply FPS boost to all of them, but Jason Ronald once said that many games they have tried work flawlessly until a point where they don't. And there is no way any of the developers will ever bother to patch it up themselves.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
I mean, they're not great games anyway. The first one was interesting at the time as it felt so open, but the sequels are uninspired drivel. They look good and I suppose as guilty power fantasy games they're fine, but they are too easy and the enemy AI is absolutely dreadful. It's a good amount of content for $20 though, I just wouldn't play them on anything other than PS5/Series X/PC as they run at 30fps on everything else and it's disgusting.
Is it worth playing the XB360 versions on an Xbox X instead of buying the HD updates?

Just because they’re on EA/GP sub

Last edited:

PJX

Or they could've not bother at all making them bc.

adamsapple

Is it worth playing the XB360 versions on an Xbox X instead of buying the HD updates?

Just because they’re on EA/GP sub

The original 360 versions of the games are all sub 720p and have weird 31fps locks, so they will always feel a little bit inconsistent even if there is no performance drop on the new consoles.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Yeah, R* are too busy planning next gen GTA V re-releases right now I bet :(

At least the 360 version had the foresight to be unlocked, so you get a nice 60 FPS.

They were rough for PS4 Pro, One X etc. But the newer consoles can mostly just brute force it. It's the entire trilogy for a cool $20, so if you've never played them before, now is a good time.
Gta4 have 60fps isnt a good thing because the last level is near wnough impossible because of it

adamsapple

It isn't true its just very difficult. I did it while standing lol.

But yeah the ending QTE on the helicopter after the motorbike jump is what's effected by the doubling of the framerate. If you know its coming it's doable but still hard.

Gta4 have 60fps isnt a good thing because the last level is near wnough impossible because of it

Damn, is the QTE that bad ? will keep an eye out.

Is AC Unity on sale? I'm feeling uncomfortably French.

Not in this sale, but it's routinely on sale for < $9.99 every now and then. Keep an eye out !

adamsapple

Crap. I really want Max Payne 3 but 30 frames sounds miserable.

The thing is even if the game gets FPS boost, all the cut-scenes in the game (and there are many of them) are still 30 FPS 720P encoded videos. There will be a jarring disparity between two halves of the game.

Fake

Crysis > Crysis 2 > Crysis 3

Yes, they are still in rough state, don't matter if you brute force into Series X/PS5. There a loads of missing things even from my Xbox 360 version, music sometimes don't play, crash, etc...

GenericUser

Meh.
Prepare to feel like you over paid.

I bought it for about this price recently on PSN. The game is not good. And I even had a bit of nostalgia for the game from when I got my Saturn.
I thought so, I was on the fence of buying it, but I didn't . They should remaster saga and sell it, that would be something to be excited for.

adamsapple

So? Any good?

I'm gonna echo this.

is it good ? is the "remaster" good ?

Crysis > Crysis 2 > Crysis 3

Yes, they are still in rough state, don't matter if you brute force into Series X/PS5. There a loads of missing things even from my Xbox 360 version, music sometimes don't play, crash, etc...

The DF videos, especially for 2 and 3, are glowing raves. Looks like you had an outlier bad experience.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Prepare to feel like you over paid.

I bought it for about this price recently on PSN. The game is not good. And I even had a bit of nostalgia for the game from when I got my Saturn.
I felt the same way until I messed around in the settings after the last update. The default settings and stick sensitivity is all wrong compared to the Saturn version. I’m hoping Zwei, easily in my top 5 games of all time, is better without needing to wait a couple of years for the patches.

Fake

The DF videos, especially for 2 and 3, are glowing raves. Looks like you had an outlier bad experience.

I have the game, so I can say about it?

And Rich did a duo with John about Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 about some crashs over PS4/PS5. I have Crysis Trilogy for PS4, Crysis 2 for Xbox 360 and Crysis 3 for PS3 BTW.

Don't think brute force will repair some rough game. They will only improve perfomance. This is all due Cryengine implementation.

adamsapple

Crysis Remastered (first one) on SX seems to play very good in Quality mode. Very smooth and looks really clean.

"Yes it can run Crysis" good, finally achieved on consoles.

Top Bottom