• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S|X Unboxing | Austin Evans

Chun Swae

Banned
Still feel like I'm living in the twilight zone for thinking those boring towers are the ugliest things I've ever seen. Also how much is MS paying these outlets to compare a 4tf machine to an actual next gen PS5? That thing is competing with the PS4 Pro and is not a real next gen machine.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Still feel like I'm living in the twilight zone for thinking those boring towers are the ugliest things I've ever seen. Also how much is MS paying these outlets to compare a 4tf machine to an actual next gen PS5? That thing is competing with the PS4 Pro and is not a real next gen machine.
4 TF of RDNA2 > 6 TF of GCN. Its way more powerful than Xbox One X(when you put other factors like CPU). It does most of the thing Series X does at a lower resolution.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Some of the ugliest consoles ever. They didn't spend time and money to make it artistically inviting at all. Seems like they don't care.

unbox therapy did one too, i like this guy:

Great move by Xbox! Get these out to the influencers, as much as I hate that term, it gets eyes on your box!

Playstation is falling behind in this regard. They're gonna have to step their game up. This silence is starting to annoy a lot of people. I find it interesting that a few of the YouTubers I have watch seem to be more interested in the Series S than the Series X, granted I haven't watched a lot, I've only seen Lou here and Max voice their excitement so I could be completely wrong.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The S is very, very small. Pretty impressive!

Is that guy a MS employee? Almost sounds like it, with how he's downplaying the PS5 at every opportunity.

Zuzu

Imagine how small the Series S Slim will be if it were to happen in a few years time.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

4 TF of RDNA2 > 6 TF of GCN. Its way more powerful than Xbox One X(when you put other factors like CPU). It does most of the thing Series X does at a lower resolution.

I think this is what people are forgetting.

The CPU alone elevates the machine way above what the jaguar cores are capable of, plus the new arc GPU and ram setup on top, and then the SSD optimizations, velocity, sampler feedback etc.

MS has said that the S will be doing what the X is doing in 4K at 1440p with exact same features.

Throw in some decent upscaling and that's a pretty sweet option for the price.

I'm really smitten with the new Xbox overall. Seems like the company is doing everything right coming off of this last gen.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Imagine how small the Series S Slim will be if it were to happen in a few years time.

8bitdoxboxcontroller.0.jpeg

oh how people are easily swayed by PR. Where are the actual xbox games tho?
What PR? It looks nice and the specs are fine. If you're waiting for some random exclusives to sell you on it then good on you. I personally do not care. More and more of the best games are multiplat anyway.

lachesis

I wonder if S' smaller form factor would make more appeal to Japanese market? (Assuming PS5 would be as HUGE as people make out to be).... although if PS5 flops (relatively) in JP market initially - I'm rather certain Japanese would stick to Switch and nothing else till a smaller, slimmer revision of PS5 is available.

I do certainly hope that Xbox would get more Japanese dev support this time around - including on Game Pass too. Sure some Capcom/Sega/Square Enix games are available - but not hardly enough IMO...

Chun Swae

Banned
What PR? It looks nice and the specs are fine. If you're waiting for some random exclusives to sell you on it then good on you. I personally do not care. More and more of the best games are multiplat anyway.
The PR that makes you think a 4tf console with no games to play is a good investment.

Top Bottom