• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X heat and noise levels tested

Austin Evans:

Windows Central:
HnQ9Bks.png

Heise.de

0.16 Sone.
Similar to Xbox One X playing a disk.

Jeff Grubb:

XsbkF4r.png

Italian Site

Last edited:
Of course it is Windows Central.

Anyway seems to run cool. Good.

Edit: did they test it with an actual nextgen game?
Not sure. Didn't read the article yet.
Austin did and his console was running hotter.

Too jaded to provide a click to yet another YT channel. What games did they test? Anything that actually draws meaningfully on system resources?
He tested Gears 5 optimized for Series X|S
Did test ist standing, laying, in a cabin and even with the exhaust covered.

jaysius

Banned

here you go. Not windows Central.

he’s playing Gears 5. Series X version.

Good content but hard to access, this guy has a face for radio and a voice for print, all of these things are to appeal to a certain demographic but dude could use a few YouTube videos about voice.

It‘s great to hear that the Series X is quiet and keeps its temps in range, I didn’t doubt them, my old Xbox One base still sounds quieter than the Ps4 pro and gamepass games really do put a load on the old thing.

Lone Wolf

Good content but hard to access, this guy has a face for radio and a voice for print, all of these things are to appeal to a certain demographic but dude could use a few YouTube videos about voice.

It‘s great to hear that the Series X is quiet and keeps its temps in range, I didn’t doubt them, my old Xbox One base still sounds quieter than the Ps4 pro and gamepass games really do put a load on the old thing.
He’s got over 4 million subs. Someone likes his content. I’m just sharing what I found. It’s fine if you aren’t attracted to him.

dave_d

I'm wondering if running it on its side significantly affects the temperatures. My guess is no since MS says it's ok but they always show it as a tower.

Max_Po

Banned
But can he take my temperature after looking at his face...

I would love to punch his face during stressful times.

Everything is under embargo and 90% of it is just reading a crib sheet. Hence everyone comes out with the same content highlighting the same aspects of it on the same day and if anyone asks them a question about something else: 'can't talk about that right now'.

Could of easily have provided all this stuff last week when all the horse shit was said about it overheating.

Not even 50°C, this is a lot cooler than current gen. This is surprising to me. We may see higher temps with games that fully utilize all features (especially Raytracing), but it shouldn't go over current gen temps (One X hits 65°C on the exhaust, PS4 Pro around 60°C).

This is really, really good. Especially for the noise level.

Weirdly, the PS5 won't be that much different, even with their liquid metal. I really think MS did the smarter design choice compared to Sony. It's a simple, boxy design that's not trying to look fancy. Function over beauty. It seems Sony was forced to create a fancier cooling system because of the aesthetics.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
So much for the overheating narrative. That thing runs cool and quiet.

The externally measured temp does not mean it cannot overheat, you want the heat on the outside of the console....

MiguelItUp

So much for the overheating narrative. That thing runs cool and quiet.
Honestly it just really feels like some kind of smear campaign from Sony fanboys or something. A number of influencers that had a XSX on hand all debunked the whole running hot thing. But then you had people that were like, "THEY'RE PAID TO SAY THAT!" so, you just can't make these people happy. They're a lost cause, lol.

Arian71

Banned
QUOTE="Rusty Shackelford, post: 260633527, member: 798907"]
Weirdly, the PS5 won't be that much different, even with their liquid metal. I really think MS did the smarter design choice compared to Sony. It's a simple, boxy design that's not trying to look fancy. Function over beauty. It seems Sony was forced to create a fancier cooling system because of the aesthetics.
[/QUOTE]
we havent seen yet ps5 , it may turn out a mini fridge, well is got slots for a corona bottle either side

Last edited:
Top Bottom