• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X Homebrew, Retroarch & Developer Mode | XSX Homebrew & Dev Mode

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Series-X-banner.jpg

In 2013, Microsoft announced that it would be possible to turn any Xbox One into a dev kit, or almost. And they did!
The process requires you to create a developer account and paying $20 but after that you can code your own UWP apps or download buddies' apps and install them on your Xbox One. In other things.

Microsoft has kept this possibility for the Xbox Series, So the UWP version of RetroArch works on the Series X right now. The process is the same as on Xbox One and we imagine that it is the same for the Series S.
Casually Microsoft is the only one of the three manufacturers to offer this feature.​

MrFunSocks

Banned
Does this still require you to do some annoying reboot and setting changes every time you want to switch between using retroarch and playing normal games?

rnlval

Series-X-banner.jpg

In 2013, Microsoft announced that it would be possible to turn any Xbox One into a dev kit, or almost. And they did!
The process requires you to create a developer account and paying $20 but after that you can code your own UWP apps or download buddies' apps and install them on your Xbox One. In other things.

Microsoft has kept this possibility for the Xbox Series, So the UWP version of RetroArch works on the Series X right now. The process is the same as on Xbox One and we imagine that it is the same for the Series S.
Casually Microsoft is the only one of the three manufacturers to offer this feature.​

Series-X-banner.jpg

Wait does this mean I can run emulators on a Series X? That's actually a stealth life hack for me if true.

Okay 2021, hurry up and get here so I can get me my Series X

But no working Saturn emu? Welp, Polymega > Series X it is then :(

(I'm joking; but actually Polymega is kinda neat for what it does. It's just nowhere near in competition with a Series X, Series S or PS5 though. Completely different market segments).

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Wait, imagine ps4 emulation too? Hmmmm....well maybe not.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How much of that already works on say... a Xbox One S?

Asking for a friend. He's a pirate.

hppagfv8dv4mo3glkrdx
Some not so demanding consoles will work (dev mode is also available on Xbox One), however Jaguar is pretty shit, so don't expect miracles...

How much of that already works on say... a Xbox One S?

Asking for a friend. He's a pirate.
The jaguar should emulate pretty much everything all the way to the n64 (except saturn and the odd arcade games).

I have looked into this and the constant rebooting and reconfiguration made the option much less tempting.

quickwhips

The jaguar should emulate pretty much everything all the way to the n64 (except saturn and the odd arcade games).

I have looked into this and the constant rebooting and reconfiguration made the option much less tempting.
I tried the wii emulation on my one x and I loaded but was extreme slow. Wanted to try again with series x. As I liked the scooby doo games.

I tried the wii emulation on my one x and I loaded but was extreme slow. Wanted to try again with series x. As I liked the scooby doo games.
The Zen 3 CPU should chew through it, my emulation box has an old core i7 3750 or something and it runs pretty well all the way to the Wii (I should give the ps3 another try).

It would be pretty neat if rpcs3 got released on the series x and ran demon's soul at 60fps (there are patches for it)... The god of war games, the uncharted games, metal gear, Wipeout hd/fury, etc. Maybe it would light up Sony 's ass.

Top Bottom