• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X July Event To Feature Rare’s Everwild

Man I hope this event blows me away, I need MS to bring its A1 game cuz a competitive MS creates a competitive Sony and we all reap the benefits of that.
Definitely. They have a lot to prove, just showing games aren’t gonna be enough. Need games that actually come out and perform well beside their big 3(halo,gears,forza).

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Really wonder what Obsidian is up to. I wonder if that’s the “Skyrim killer” or whatever it was compared to when it was leaked.

Everwild is a gorgeous looking game, really wonder how it plays. Sea of Thieves being as good as it is though I have little worries here.

John254

Banned
And probably the next Forza (Horizon) and maybe, just maybe Fable.
I think Fable will also be there. Playground is working on the game since 2017 and even when they are targeting 2022 for release date, they for sure can show something...

cormack12

Gold Member
What type of game is this? I'm guessing aRPG? The art is nice.

That poem is cringe. J-Lo was on the way down with 'waiting for tonight'. Make better poems twitter person.

GHG

You go to bed and dream about J. Lo, I have dreams as well — playing Halo.

tenor.gif

SleepDoctor

Banned
Art style looks nice but doesn't look like my type of game. Maybe seeing more changes my mind.

Im just interested in seeing the new Fable overall and hoping for some new ips. Anything else is a plus imo.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I think Fable will also be there. Playground is working on the game since 2017 and even when they are targeting 2022 for release date, they for sure can show something...
Yeah indeed, even more so since Microsoft knows they have to come out swinging in the beginning of a generation. I expect them to show a lot of great looking games.

Vawn

Banned
If Xbox can get more exclusive RPG and Adventure games, I'll be much more interested in the console.

Hopefully, we will see Tunic there.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm really excited to learn more about Everwild as I'll always have a fondness for Rare.
After Infinite it's my most anticipated Xbox game so glad to hear that it'll be shown off soon. I'm guessing it's an adventure game with a lot of emphasis on exploration? Kind of hard to tell from the trailer but I like the emphasis on nature and animals. I don't think it will play similarly but I kid of get Breath of the Wild feels from the trailer.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
YES BUT WHEN

xiseerht

As an Xbox fan . This event on paper could be amazing and I am super excited about it.
Halo Infinite , New Fable , New Perfect Dark , New Forza game , Minecraft with Ray trackings , Gears 5 with Ray tracing and 120 FPS , Everwild , Hellblade 2 , Flight Simulator , Project Mara, State of Decay 3 , Whatever bad ass stuff I can get from Doublefine , that new RPG from Obsidian and from InXile. And I am super sold . Throw in some Optimized for Series X games like Sea of Thieves , Grounded , State of Decay 2 , Killer Instinct . And I am still leaving out Compulsive games and World's Edge (maybe Age of Empire 4 on Series X !!1) And the funny thing about my list is , nothing is even far fetch . These are more common sense guesses . Oh yeah and some OG Xbox and 360 games with HDR!!!! bruh!!!

Last edited:
Klobrille is very slick. I really don't think he's an insider who has a lot of contacts. I think he just does a lot of digging and makes some pretty obvious guesses. Like here for instance. I think most of us assume Everwild, Halo, a new rumored Obsidian rpg game etc will be at the show.

We can also guess MS will announce the date of the July event probably this week, since the 23rd is only a few weeks away.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I love the look of Everwild and I really want to know more about the game. I hope it's single player or at least can be played solo, I'm not interested in multiplayer.

The Alien

Banned
As an Xbox fan . This event on paper could be amazing and I am super excited about it.
Halo Infinite , New Fable , New Perfect Dark , New Forza game , Minecraft with Ray trackings , Gears 5 with Ray tracing and 120 FPS , Everwild , Hellblade 2 , Flight Simulator , Project Mara, State of Decay 3 , Whatever bad ass stuff I can get from Doublefine , that new RPG from Obsidian and from InXile. And I am super sold . Throw in some Optimized for Series X games like Sea of Thieves , Grounded , State of Decay 2 , Killer Instinct . And I am still leaving out Compulsive games and World's Edge (maybe Age of Empire 4 on Series X !!1) And the funny thing about my list is , nothing is even far fetch . These are more common sense guesses . Oh yeah and some OG Xbox and 360 games with HDR!!!! bruh!!!
....and rumored studio acquisitions.
....and perhaps new games from Compulsion.

Should be a good show.

Pallas

Gold Member
I’d like to see something from each studio since this is Microsoft’s E3 moment, and maybe some surprises. Would love to see something from a Japanese studio and acquisition as well.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

I find this quote interesting. As a video games fan in general I don't see what the draw of this list is. I personally don't think Halo has been good since the original Xbox. Fable was disappointing since Fable 1 (remembere what Molyneux promised and then delivered?). Perfect Dark Zero was horrible and the N64 original was average. More Forza? More Gears? More Minecraft? Hellblade was extremely average. We don't know much about Everwild, but Rare hasn't done anything great since being owned by Nintendo. Doublefine and "bad ass" has probably never been spoken in the same sentence before in the history of the universe.

I do think Flight Simulator could be a great piece of software. I'd probably get that.

But the rest is stuff either driven into the ground, franchises that have a history of disappointing or smaller games that are quite average. Microsoft needs games that are completely new and bold.

Honest question. Do these games draw you into the platform, or is the platform drawing you into these games?

Last edited:

CatLady

I find this quote interesting. As a video games fan in general I don't see what the draw of this list is. I personally don't think Halo has been good since the original Xbox. Fable was disappointing since Fable 1 (remembere what Molyneux promised and then delivered?). Perfect Dark Zero was horrible and the N64 original was average. More Forza? More Gears? More Minecraft? Hellblade was extremely average. We don't know much about Everwild, but Rare hasn't done anything great since being owned by Nintendo. Doublefine and "bad ass" has probably never been spoken in the same sentence before in the history of the universe.

I do think Flight Simulator could be a great piece of software. I'd probably get that.

But the rest is stuff either driven into the ground, franchises that have a history of disappointing or smaller games that are quite average. Microsoft needs games that are completely new and bold.

Honest question. Do these games draw you into the platform, or is the platform drawing you into these games?

Let me guess, you thought the PS5 showcase was amazing.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Ms is going to need to kill it for me to switch over now that demon's souls was announced. It is still possible though, of course. Games like this help

Dr Bass

Let me guess, you thought the PS5 showcase was amazing.

I thought it was a solid showing for a system launch, and had enough of a mix of fan favorites as well as a good amount of entirely new content. I was satisfied with what I saw for a launch preview yeah.

I don't expect people to remember my posts, but I have PS4, Switch and had the Xbox One X which I sold in prep for the Series X which I will probably buy at launch. You can be critical of stuff you like. In fact, being critical of stuff you have no interest in is just a huge waste of time. I'm rooting for Microsoft to do bigger and better things. Their current strategy comes across as if it's driven by bean counters and not people who have been playing games for decades. I mean, they saw there was demand for Battletoads and look at what they did to it. Is there a single person at Microsoft working on this game that have actually played and liked a Battletoads game? Certainly seems like the answer to that one is no.

Last edited:

Dee_Dee

If Xbox could go back to their pre Kinect days then we all will be very happy with next gen. One console dominating in terms of games is boring

fermcr

No trailers (specially if it's CGI). Show gameplay videos during the online conference! Are you listening, Microsoft?

Last edited:

NullZ3r0

Banned
What if Obsidian's new game is in the Shadowrun universe? A Shadowrun looter shooter RPG like Destiny.

Last edited:

CatLady

I thought it was a solid showing for a system launch, and had enough of a mix of fan favorites as well as a good amount of entirely new content. I was satisfied with what I saw for a launch preview yeah.

I don't expect people to remember my posts, but I have PS4, Switch and had the Xbox One X which I sold in prep for the Series X which I will probably buy at launch. You can be critical of stuff you like. In fact, being critical of stuff you have no interest in is just a huge waste of time. I'm rooting for Microsoft to do bigger and better things. Their current strategy comes across as if it's driven by bean counters and not people who have been playing games for decades. I mean, they saw there was demand for Battletoads and look at what they did to it. Is there a single person there that have actually played and liked a Battletoads game? Certainly seems like the answer to that one is no.

Yeah, but Bugsnax, Goodbye Volcano High, Sackboy, 2 generations old GTA and a small Spiderman game as the only confirmed AA(A maybe) 1st party launch title are thrilling.

I had a PS4 this gen, that doesn't mean I'm not biased. I am, I greatly prefer Xbox. The posts I've seen from you including the one I quoted indicate to me a strong PS5 bias. That's fine but don't pretend otherwise.

NullZ3r0

Banned
No trailers (specially if it's CGI). Show gameplay videos during the online conference! Are you listening, Microsoft?
We want trailers for things that they're working on but that may be two years out. I don't buy consoles based on what's available for launch. I want to see Phil's, long, thick, veiny games pipeline.

Top Bottom