• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X launches Nov 10 for $499. Pre orders start Sep 22nd.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm talking about the cheap version, PS4 pro and Xbox one X had comparable (if not better) specs. The only thing that is different is the SSD.
I was referring to the Series S as well.

Which current gen console is running a comparable CPU/GPU?

It runs laps around what the PS4 Pro and One X are running.

Mahadev

I was referring to the Series S as well.

Which current gen console is running a comparable CPU/GPU?

It runs laps around what the PS4 Pro and One X are running.

Xbox one X was 6 tf compared to the 4 of Xbox Series S with 12 GB RAM (compared to 10) that even had faster bandwidth iirc.

I don't see how Sony is going to compete with these prices especially the all-access program.

Every mom that walks into Gamestop is going to get the cheaper option.

dorkimoe

I know the time will go by quick, but I am ready to get this thing underway. Going to be anxious until I get both my ps5/xbox pre orders locked in.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
By the time Xbox One S came out Sony already had the market share but nice try

Nice try? LOL! Dude, it's always been this way. I'm not sure if you are 13 years old or not, but the price doesn't always dictate which console a person buys.

cormack12

Gold Member
That September pre order date is really interesting. If Sony haven't dropped their details by then Im gonna have to preorder one to complement the ps5 one and then decide.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Legit question--would it be cheaper for you to import from the United States than to purchase new in your country? Or is this just the exchange rate between US$ and AUS$ f*****g things up?
It's the current exchange rate. For context, the PS4 was USD$399.00 while being sold for AUD$549.00 - but the exchange rates were much more in our favour in 2016. My expectation was around AUD$650.00-$700 for the XSX given the hardware. When they announced the USD$499.00 price, I figured the AUD$649.00 was a lock. Down here, we call it the "Australia Tax", so I should've seen AUD$749.00 coming. The PS3 launched for AUD$1000.00 and was all but DOA. At $749.00, Microsoft won't be selling too many in Australia right away.

Last edited:
It's the current exchange rate. For context, the PS4 was USD$399.00 while being sold for AUD$549.00 - but the exchange rates were much more in our favour in 2016. My expectation was around AUD$650.00-$700 for the XSX given the hardware. When they announced the USD$499.00 price, I figured the AUD$649.00 was a lock. Down here, we call it the "Australia Tax", so I should've seen AUD$749.00 coming. The PS3 launched for AUD$1000.00 and was all but DOA. At $749.00, Microsoft won't be selling too many in Australia right away.
I remember the ps3 launch...surely sony would not be dumb enough to price their console at $599 USD meaning the aus tax would be $1000 aud
particularity in this climate of Covid and the after effects

i also dont get why we have to wait 12 days to preorder considering the preorders are already very late

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

13k CZK = 579 USD (21% VAT included)
8k CZK = 356 USD (21% VAT included)

All and all XSX cheaper than Xbox One X when it came out.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
I remember the ps3 launch...surely sony would not be dumb enough to price their console at $599 USD meaning the aus tax would be $1000 aud
particularity in this climate of Covid and the after effects

i also dont get why we have to wait 12 days to preorder considering the preorders are already very late
I guess we're gonna find out. They're holding back pricing and release dates longer than any console manufacturer in history. Either COVID is a real monkey in their gears... or they're working on marketing to soften the blow.

Top Bottom