• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X outsells the PlayStation 5 in South Africa

fermcr

Curious...​

"The Xbox Series X is outselling the PlayStation 5 in South Africa, but the latter remains the most in-demand of the next-generation consoles.
This is according to BT Games and Raru, two of the major retailers in the country which have sold both consoles since their launches in November 2020.
The companies told MyBroadband they had sold more Xbox Series X units than PlayStation 5 consoles over the last few months."

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/gami...tsells-the-playstation-5-in-south-africa.html

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think microsoft has just managed to produce more units at the moment. I think momentum will swing back sony’s way in most areas once they get their supply chains in a better place. But who knows. Im glad xbox is doing well, they def deserve it after all the positive moves they made in the time since the xbox one launched

ethomaz

Banned
I think microsoft has just managed to produce more units at the moment. I think momentum will swing back sony’s way in most areas once they get their supply chains in a better place. But who knows. Im glad xbox is doing well, they def deserve it after all the positive moves they made in the time since the xbox one launched
I believe production is higher for PS5... it is a smaller chip after all and the shipment already showed Sony bigger production that should be a bit misleding because the size of the chips... probably both have contracted the same numbers of wafers but you get more PS5 chips than Xbox chips from the wafer so that shows the discrepancy around 1 million between shipment imo.

It is just about allocation... Sony is probably shipping more units to others places plus Sony launched in like 50+ countries while Xbox in 36.

PS. Right now the production are limited to how many wafers the foundries can produce... that is not just for PS5 / Xbox but for GPUs on PC and/or others devices that uses silicon chips.

Edit - I just remembered there is the Series S... no Sony probably has more Wafers from TSMC than MS to have the 1 million difference.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The tables are turning!

about that....

However, both retailers said that based on pre-order sales and wishlists, the PlayStation 5 was more in-demand than the Series X.

“It would be fair to say any new PS5 console allocations will be snapped up pretty quickly as soon as they become available again,” Raru said.

The reason it had not sold as well as the Series X, was because the retailers had received less stock of Sony’s console.

Banned
can we stop these threads? they are beyond stupid.

Xbox sells more whenever it is available in higher quantity than PS5 and vise versa.

both systems basically sell out as soon as there is stock. so the system whith more stock sells more.

this is not indicative of any trend or anything debatable.
meaning these threads are useless fanboy baiting bullshit

Last edited:

ne1butu

can we stop these threads? they are beyond stupid.

Xbox sells more whenever it is available in higher quantity than PS5 and vise versa.

both systems basically sell out as soon as there is stock. so the system whith more stock sells more.

this is not indicative of any trend or anything debatable.
meaning these threads are useless fanboy baiting bullshit
Made this exact comment in an identical thread from just a couple of days ago, it’s just typical baiting, shite memes

ne1butu

What I really find CURIOUS is how tribal can people get to the point of cheering how some multi-billionaire company sells more than other multi-billionaire company.
Are you telling me they are not all major shareholders of these firms?

ToTTenTranz

Banned
The SeriesX will outsell the PS5 in all territories whenever there's no stock of PS5 consoles.

In Portugal+Spain, I'm pretty sure most of the weeks since November until now saw the Xbox selling a lot more than the PS5.
At the same time, last I checked ever since release the PS5 outsold the SeriesX by over 4:1.

We can find plenty of SeriesX consoles on the shelves here. The PS5s fly off the shelves the instant they arrive, or I'd say most of them don't even reach the shelves because they're all pre-ordered with months in advance.

To summarize: if e.g. during week 1 they sell 50 000 PS5 consoles and 100 SeriesX, then I guess all the following weeks until stock replenishment will see more SeriesX sales, even if they're just selling 2000 SeriesX per week.

Last edited:

waquzy

The SeriesX will outsell the PS5 in all territories whenever there's no stock of PS5 consoles.

In Portugal+Spain, I'm pretty sure most of the weeks since November until now saw the Xbox selling a lot more than the PS5.
At the same time, last I checked ever since release the PS5 outsold the SeriesX by over 4:1.

We can find plenty of SeriesX consoles on the shelves here. The PS5s fly off the shelves the instant the arrive, or I'd say most of them don't even reach the shelves because they're all pre-ordered with months in advance.
Very true. PlayStation dominates Europe!!

Africa is one big unexplored and untapped console market of 1.3B people. RSA is certainly most important country on the continent, I see many players from there in my online games, like other countries don’t exist for Sony. Being so far away but also same time zone as central Europe helps.

Dudes!! keep them POSITIVE XBOX news/articles coming. No better feelin' seeing fanboys buthurt, they're meltdowns and rage drool running over they're chin.

Just shows how one side is unstable, salty, jealousy of success and manages with ease to clock 2k pages over fps and facts with video proof analysis.

Congrats MS, ain't no stopping this express train, we skippin' stops straight to W !!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is the beginning of the end for Sony. South Africa is the final nail in the coffin. They have lost the Africans. They will soon lose the Asians and the Americans. And then finally the Aliens.

This is on Cerny. We all know the Klingons only play games in photo mode.

Last edited:

waquzy

Dudes!! keep them POSITIVE XBOX news/articles coming. No better feelin' seeing fanboys buthurt, they're meltdowns and rage drool running over they're chin.

Just shows how one side is unstable, salty, jealousy of success and manages with ease to clock 2k pages over fps and facts with video proof analysis.

Congrats MS, ain't no stopping this express train, we skippin' stops straight to W !!
9Kl3qyX.gif

Krisprolls

Banned
Have Sony just allocated 90% of their stock to America or something?

Most of the stock, not 90 %. Can't blame them, they basically have no competition outside of the US.

Those threads are really funny anyway... I guess you're really used to scrape the bottom of the barrel when you're on the green team. Both consoles are sold out, so all you check here is who managed to build the most consoles at launch and where they chose to ship them. It's not a very interesting information. Sony puts everything in the US because every other territory is basically already won.

Last edited:
Top Bottom