• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X outsells the PlayStation 5 in South Africa

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I just realized there are Xbox and Playstation South African division and they even have official PR handles in social media like twitter.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Most of the stock, not 90 %. Can't blame them, they basically have no competition outside of the US.

Those threads are really funny anyway... I guess you're really used to scrape the bottom of the barrel when you're on the green team. Both consoles are sold out, so all you check here is who managed to build the most consoles at launch and where they chose to ship them. It's not a very interesting information. Sony puts everything in the US because every other territory is basically already won.
I love it when my global conglomerates treat me like a third class citizen because of where I live, just because they can bank on having me ‘won’. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Like getting arse raped by a cactus.

alienator

i-see-what-you-did-there-human.jpg

Hezekiah

Banned
So Sony hates South Africa? We know they've shipped out more consoles overall.

This PS5 shortage is the absolute worst case scenario for Sony who needed to pad on the sales before Microsoft nullifies Sony's first party exclusive advantage. This will be the first generation where a significant amount of big AAA titles won't be playable on a PlayStation console. We're heading into uncharted waters.
Damn, I hope you're getting paid for posting this shite.

This is the beginning of the end for Sony. South Africa is the final nail in the coffin. They have lost the Africans. They will soon lose the Asians and the Americans. And then finally the Aliens.

This is on Cerny. We all know the Klingons only play games in photo mode.

I always thought Cerny was an alien to be honest.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
You said a lot more. But i dunno what is your definition of a lot more. IMO this isn't a lot more, though. What Switch is doing is a lot more
4:1 means a lot more to me..
7th gen was almost 1:1 and 8th gen was just a bit over 2:1.
Now Microsoft split their userbase into two consoles to increase adoption, but still the PS5 is outselling both by 2.5:1.

Not that the first 3 months are that important for the whole cycle.

Dudes!! keep them POSITIVE XBOX news/articles coming. No better feelin' seeing fanboys buthurt, they're meltdowns and rage drool running over they're chin.

Just shows how one side is unstable, salty, jealousy of success and manages with ease to clock 2k pages over fps and facts with video proof analysis.

Congrats MS, ain't no stopping this express train, we skippin' stops straight to W !!
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

They caught your alt.

Trash Throw Away GIF by MOODMAN

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
No wonder our kids are fucked up and need safe spaces if this is the kind of shit being churned out for them. Politically correct potatoes for fucks sake!!

My days we had Ulysses 31 and Battle of the Planets and Transformers and Cities of Gold...

No wonder our kids are fucked up and need safe spaces if this is the kind of shit being churned out for them. Politically correct potatoes for fucks sake!!

My days we had Ulysses 31 and Battle of the Planets and Transformers and Cities of Gold...

Well then we have the other end of the spectrum.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Gatox

Banned

Have you seen in the night garden? No one can tell me the makers of that weren't on many many drugs...

sinisterpanda

Neo Member
I'm a gamer from Turkey and i can assure that Xbox has huge advantage over Playstation in undeveloped countries because of the game pass. Game prices are very high for citizens in undeveloped countries so game pass is an excellent deal for those people. I'm not surprised.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
The tide is turning. It start like this. If XSX starts outselling in Europe then we have the confirmation. Sony needs ASAP to fix the supply/scalpers issue and flood stores with PS5s.

jhjfss

I'm a gamer from Turkey and i can assure that Xbox has huge advantage over Playstation in undeveloped countries because of the game pass. Game prices are very high for citizens in undeveloped countries so game pass is an excellent deal for those people. I'm not surprised.
Ya, but are people buying more xboxes than playstation's though? In most places in europe or asia, people dont know what xbox is or they do and it still has only a 10-20 % market share.

sinisterpanda

Neo Member
Ya, but are people buying more xboxes than playstation's though? In most places in europe or asia, people dont know what xbox is or they do and it still has only a 10-20 % market share.
Of course Playstation outsold in 8th gen because game pass wasn't a thing at the beginning of the generation. But in current gen I see a lot of people in my country switching to Xbox. A $60 game is 1/5 of minimum wage in my country. So game pass and Xbox is very popular in Turkey.

jhjfss

Of course Playstation outsold in 8th gen because game pass wasn't a thing at the beginning of the generation. But in current gen I see a lot of people in my country switching to Xbox. A $60 game is 1/5 of minimum wage in my country. So game pass and Xbox is very popular in Turkey.
interesting.

Schmick

can we stop these threads? they are beyond stupid.

Xbox sells more whenever it is available in higher quantity than PS5 and vise versa.

both systems basically sell out as soon as there is stock. so the system whith more stock sells more.

this is not indicative of any trend or anything debatable.
meaning these threads are useless fanboy baiting bullshit
Agreed. We keeps getting multiple 'Sales' threads. We recently had a Gamepass thread. Why cant we have a 'Sales' thread.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Damn sony lost the war alert the mods on
gaf

this thread 😂🤌👌😂👌🤌

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Maybe wait for the receipts first, buddy. In Asia, there's no chance of Xbox beating PlayStation, and SEA is way poorer than Turkey. Brand recognition means a lot when your target audience has to be able to afford a console that's like a full month's wages. The people that can afford a XSX won't be all that concerned about saving money on games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I am going through Pigeon Forge in a couple of weeks after hitting up Cades Coves for some Jeeping so I will stop and ask retailers and will investigate this firsthand ;)
LOL ironically we have a week booked in Gatlinburg in a month and Cades Cove is one of my items on the to do list. Pigeon Forge isn't too far either. The nature drives and trails are what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
The awkward moment when you realise internet is a fortune in underdeveloped countries

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
LOL ironically we have a week booked in Gatlinburg in a month and Cades Cove is one of my items on the to do list. Pigeon Forge isn't too far either. The nature drives and trails are what I'm looking for.

My sister lives near Knoxville so we always go through that area when we drive back and forth from Florida to Indiana and Cades Cove is such a gorgeous area, see black bear almost everytime we make that loop its well worth the stop.

We always stay at a cabin in Maggie Valley NC as our pit stop between trips its nothing overly special just far enough up a mountain we dont even get cell service and kind of enjoy the unplugging for awhile

Top Bottom