• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX Series X / S - Preorders and price for Australia

jigglet

Banned
It's literally less than the current exchange rate + GST. This is unheard of. Usually there is at least another 5-10% buffer added on top.

I guess MS is assuming the AUD will keep rising (which is a safe bet given the resurgence of iron ore exports + relatively good economic management).

Last edited:

The Shift

Banned
EB Prices

XBSX

Retail = $749.00
Trade in XB1X = $399.00

XBSS
Retail = $499.00
Trade in XB1S = $299.00

Note - XB1X consoles go for anywhere between $325-$500 in the secondhand market at this time

Xbox Series X All Access = $46.00/month for 24 months

Includes:

Console
$23.06/month
$553.44 total for 24 months

GamePass Ultimate
$15.95/month
$382.80 total for 24 months

EA Play
$6.99/month
$167.76 total for 24 months

Total $1104.00
($1299.56 if console and services purchased separately)

Xbox Series S All Access = $33.00/month for 24 months

Includes:

Console
$10.04/month
$241.04 total for 24 months

GamePass Ultimate
$15.95/month
$382.80 total for 24 months

EA Play
$6.99/month
$167.76 total for 24 months

Total $792.00
($1049.56 if console and services purchased separately)

Xbox All Access Australia

Last edited:

Zuzu

This is a good price. The 360 released for $650 and it was really good. This is $100 more but we're getting properly powerful hardware unlike the Xbox One.

Just got this from EB Games. Not a bad deal and we (Aussies) have a price and preorder date!

XBOX Series X / S Preorder

Delete if already posted.
That capcha fucked me up for a minute. Would you not be eligible to pay Microsoft directly for the game pass bundle and console? Would it be the same price, and include game pass? Game pass is going to be a game changer. Got my subscription for a good minute now, and that won't change at all. See you on the battlefield my brother 💪

Md Ray

You will be able to play PS4/xb1 gen games in that budget.

For next gen, pc will cross 1 lac easy.
Definitely. Also, I think gaming at 1080p-1440p is just fine, you'll save a lot of money. Investing in a graphics card equivalent or better than PS5/XSX GPU now, that is capable of 4K and RT, would just be too much, will cross 1 lakh easily as you said. These are the minimum requirements for a PC to be next-gen ready IMO:

1 TB NVMe SSD Gen 3 minimum
GPU with hardware RT support (capable of 1080p60, up to 1440p)
6C/12T CPU preferably Zen 2 (or 8C/16T Zen+ Ryzen 2000 series minimum)
8GB VRAM minimum
12-16GB DRAM

Really curious to see what AMD has to offer on the GPU side for PC. A 20 CU RDNA 2 GPU with RT HW, the one found on Series S, as a PC graphics card would be nice. That combined with Ryzen 5 3600 would make for a nice budget RT build by early next year.

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
Can some one give me the retails prices of the following

Xbox one s US
Xbox One X US
Xbox s S US
Xbox s X US

Xbox one s AUS
Xbox One X AUS
Xbox s S AUS
Xbox s X AUS

Zuzu

Can some one give me the retails prices of the following

Xbox one s US
Xbox One X US
Xbox s S US
Xbox s X US

Xbox one s AUS
Xbox One X AUS
Xbox s S AUS
Xbox s X AUS

This chart has all the relevant information (source):

kgwnkYQ.png

US Prices:

The Xbox One & Xbox One X each launched at $499 US. The Xbox 360 at $400 US. The Series S is $299 US and Series X is $499 US.

Last edited:

Mega_Deth

The Xbox One X launched in Australia at $649AUS(launched in the US for $499US). The Xbox Series X is launching at $499US in the US but is $100 more($750AUS) than the Xbox One X in Australia? MS must have made a big loss selling the Xbox One X that low in Australia.

KiNeMz

Banned
Current Prices.

USD
Xbox One S 1TB = $299
Xbox One X 1TB = $369

Xbox Series S = $299
Xbox Series X = $499

AUD
Xbox One S 1TB = $399
Xbox One X 1TB = CANT FIND CURRENT

Xbox Series S = $499.00
Xbox Series X = $749.00

The series S has been priced to match the One S in the states. Not in AUs. Thats frustrating. I would've bought one if it matched the One S price. Now I will hold off.

sol_bad

I might grab a Series X through the Telstra payment plan thingy. I'll be paying for the PS5 in full so would be nice not to have to pay for both consoles in full.

Mattyp

Gold Member
PS2 launched in Australia for $749AUS. PS3 was around $1,000AUS.

Technically correct, I guess $1,000 is burned in my brain from getting a copy of Fantavision and DynastyWarriors as my only two games bringing it to that but was still the cheapest DVD player at the time when Civic & VideoEzy only had 1 aisle to rent titles from. PS3 was definitely $1,000 at the time and YLOD 24 months later and Sony wanted $400 to repair it and said fuck it and went and spent $10k on Xbox in that generation instead. Still have that PS3 running that exact firmware from when it died if I was to repair it, something I should probably get around to.

Mega_Deth

Technically correct, I guess $1,000 is burned in my brain from getting a copy of Fantavision and DynastyWarriors as my only two games bringing it to that but was still the cheapest DVD player at the time when Civic & VideoEzy only had 1 aisle to rent titles from. PS3 was definitely $1,000 at the time and YLOD 24 months later and Sony wanted $400 to repair it and said fuck it and went and spent $10k on Xbox in that generation instead. Still have that PS3 running that exact firmware from when it died if I was to repair it, something I should probably get around to.

YLOD is an easy fix now, turns out it wasn't the GPU solder balls cracking, it's actually the capacitors that need replacing(very cheap parts and only needs basic soldering skills). Worth looking into. There's some videos on Youtube showing the repair.

Mattyp

Gold Member
YLOD is an easy fix now, turns out it wasn't the GPU solder balls cracking, it's actually the capacitors that need replacing(very cheap parts and only needs basic soldering skills). Worth looking into. There's some videos on Youtube showing the repair.

Might have to look into this, I refused to fix it out of spite but would be good for a laugh and just being able to play 3 generation on the one box again with wireless controllers easily.

salva

I've got an Xbox One X and PS4 at the moment. I want to keep the One X for my other family room, so waiting to hear what the trade-in is for the PS4 towards a Xbox Series X. EB games only currently list trade-ins for Xbox --> Xbox

The Xbox One X launched in Australia at $649AUS(launched in the US for $499US). The Xbox Series X is launching at $499US in the US but is $100 more($750AUS) than the Xbox One X in Australia? MS must have made a big loss selling the Xbox One X that low in Australia.

What? No mate. The exchange rate back then was $0.92ish, these days its $0.72ish and the cost of everything including shipping etc is higher thanks to Covid.

It has zero to do with success or failure of Xbox last gen.

Zuzu

Ouch
Why was Xbox One with Kinect that cheap?

Yeah, it was quite cheap, although probably fairly priced for what you got. The PS4 retailed at $549 at launch and the Xbox One without Kinect retailed for $499 which was fair since it was the weaker console. So $100 for Kinect seems to like a fair price; they probably would have had a lot of trouble selling that bundle if they priced it higher. Both consoles weren't that expensive at launch really, maybe because they had cheaper and weaker components compared to past consoles (relative to their eras).

Mega_Deth

What? No mate. The exchange rate back then was $0.92ish, these days its $0.72ish and the cost of everything including shipping etc is higher thanks to Covid.

It has zero to do with success or failure of Xbox last gen.

I said the Xbox One X which was released in late 2017 at which it was at 0.72US at it's lowest and 0.80US at it's highest.

ZRVWnq4.png

Justin9mm

I've got an Xbox One X and PS4 at the moment. I want to keep the One X for my other family room, so waiting to hear what the trade-in is for the PS4 towards a Xbox Series X. EB games only currently list trade-ins for Xbox --> Xbox
I don't think you will get a deal like this for trading PS4 to Series X. Whatever the trade in price is for PS4 right now for credit or cash is probably all you going to get.

Top Bottom