• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox seriesX Exclusive details- Gamespot

pr0cs

I like it, thankfully it can lie flat otherwise that would be a no go for a lot of people.
Really, as long as it's quiet I'm happy given how much faster it's expected to be over the X. Hopefully Sony puts some effort in ps5 cooling because my PS4 is pretty fucking loud now in comparison

I like it, thankfully it can lie flat otherwise that would be a no go for a lot of people.
Really, as long as it's quiet I'm happy given how much faster it's expected to be over the X. Hopefully Sony puts some effort in ps5 cooling because my PS4 is pretty fucking loud now in comparison

How will that work in narrow height spaces where an XBox One S/X can fit but this can't in a media cabinet? Already I'm hearing dozens of people mention this on social media, I think Microsoft might have made a big mistake with this cube design. Great design for a PC that sits on a desk, like the Mac Pro trash can. But for media cabinets, a disaster.

Lol at people thinking this mock-up is what the console looks like, they did this same thing with the Xbox One, the dev kit has the dimensions, the actual console will be only slightly bigger than an Xbox One S. So yeah no, lol.

Lol, peoples memories are bad. The reveal will likely be in April or May, with the conference and games at E3 like last time. You know, when they show the real consoles and the real name as Series X is not going to be the name of the console, MS has been talking about tiers for awhile, that will likely be the name of the entire family and each console in the family will have it's own name.

Lol you think people are going to go to the store and say "I want to by a series X" then then on Christmas the kid opens his present expecting an Xbox and instead finds a Intel X cpu because the parent nor the Staff know what she was asking for? This goes double in some other countries were "Series X" are two words that can't even be together in some languages or/and doesn't make sense.

Come on guys you aren't this dumb. Right?

What are you smoking, and are you sharing it around at all?

My point is Microsoft is not going to let Sony "punk" them again on price. They will wait for Sony to announce their PS5 price first and than announce a lower price for XBox Series X just to fuck with Sony.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
My point is Microsoft is not going to let Sony "punk" them again on price. They will wait for Sony to announce their PS5 price first and than announce a lower price for XBox Series X just to fuck with Sony.

Yeah but theres no way in hell these next gen machines will hit $400. No chance. The X launched in the UK at £450, and I'm fully expecting the SX to launch at £500.

OH FUCK... I just called it the SX... Guess that's what its called now for me. I like it.

Sacred

This console is fucking gorgeous, going to fit in perfectly with all modern decor. MS isn't stupid, they look at the designs for alot of top products and base it off of what the industry finds appealing. Also, it isn't nearly as big as people are making it out to be. 12" 6", 6" is actual just a little bigger than the One X and with the power this thing is rumored to have, that is a hell of an accomplishment.

Mega Man

I'm honestly on the fence with the design of the console itself.

That aside, without knowing specs, the functionality sounds SPOT ON for what we always ask for:

FULL backwards compatibility from all past Generations? Check
Past controllers/accessories are compatible for additional players? Check
Controller remains relatively untouched with upgraded D-Pad(only weak point from past design)? Check

Realistically speaking, this is EXTREMELY consumer friendly. No, they did not throw in an elite series controller... But let's be real, that thing is nearly $200 and a luxury. The minor upgrades to the existing controller are a nice bonus, while knowing your Elite series is compatible with the new device if you bought in.

And they even kept the disc tray! For the minority who will still be buying physical discs next Gen. It seems like they tried to take care of EVERYONE! I'm sure the adaptive controller is compatible as well!

Personally, I have a mid to high end PC that I will be upgrading next year. I don't know if this will be for me (though I have been an Xbox ecosystem cat for the last 3 Gens). The PS5 appeals to me because I never owned a PS4, so on day 1 it'll have seemingly endless content for a guy who missed the past Gen due to its BC.

This seems to be for the Non-PC owning Xbox committed whales, who insist on playing games from the couch (no judgement).

That being said, I would gladly take one if you're offering! :messenger_winking:

CyberPanda

Banned
This console is fucking gorgeous, going to fit in perfectly with all modern decor. MS isn't stupid, they look at the designs for alot of top products and base it off of what the industry finds appealing. Also, it isn't nearly as big as people are making it out to be. 12" 6", 6" is actual just a little bigger than the One X and with the power this thing is rumored to have, that is a hell of an accomplishment.
Yep. The design is very apple like, and will fit in modern homes decor.

pr0cs

How will that work in narrow height spaces where an XBox One S/X can fit but this can't in a media cabinet? Already I'm hearing dozens of people mention this on social media, I think Microsoft might have made a big mistake with this cube design. Great design for a PC that sits on a desk, like the Mac Pro trash can. But for media cabinets, a disaster.
Not sure what u mean, it runs vertically and horizontal, that means it will fit anywhere that existing consoles do.
I would prefer to have it vertical though, would be a lot more efficient at getting rid of heat that way

Business

The design is quite beautiful, just like the One X and S are and a far cry from the ugly original One. Sony went the reverse path from a very decent original PS4 to the both atrocious Pro and Slim.

Birdo

Banned
Lol at people thinking this mock-up is what the console looks like, they did this same thing with the Xbox One, the dev kit has the dimensions, the actual console will be only slightly bigger than an Xbox One S. So yeah no, lol.

Lol, peoples memories are bad. The reveal will likely be in April or May, with the conference and games at E3 like last time. You know, when they show the real consoles and the real name as Series X is not going to be the name of the console, MS has been talking about tiers for awhile, that will likely be the name of the entire family and each console in the family will have it's own name.

Lol you think people are going to go to the store and say "I want to by a series X" then then on Christmas the kid opens his present expecting an Xbox and instead finds a Intel X cpu because the parent nor the Staff know what she was asking for? This goes double in some other countries were "Series X" are two words that can't even be together in some languages or/and doesn't make sense.

Come on guys you aren't this dumb. Right?

Calling us dumb? They literally just told is that this is what the console is called and this is what it looks like. Phil Spencer even has one in his living room already. It's not a dev kit :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Someone wasn't paying attention.

quest

Not Banned from OT
If you're media cabinet can't put a device in that is 6 inches high you should bought something functional not good looking. Something that small is not going to have the volume to vent this heat monster anyway same with the ps5 these are beasts that will double as space heaters. We wanted top end power we got it and heat is the price.

dorkimoe

Boring as hell.

I've seen it compared to a shoebox, but even those have a more interesting look by virtue of at least having a lid, this is just a zero effort rectangular box.

I'm honestly surprised they didnt just go the whole hog, and make it a flat grey colour, since it's so obviously designed to be as uninteresting and unexciting as possible otherwise.
lol what do you people expect from a console? Is it supposed to have flashing led's and windows in it to see moving parts? its going to sit on your entertainment stand and collect dust while you game and look at the tv not the boxx

Calling us dumb? They literally just told is that this is what the console is called and this is what it looks like.

Yes, you are dumb, the console doesn't look like that, people who have or have seen the dev kits KNOW that's not what the console looks like, they did this same thing with the Xbox One, again, people have bad memories.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Not how business works. We don't know what Microsoft is willing to loss on every console. If Sony starts low Microsoft might not be able to undercut.

VFXVeteran

Banned
This now totally looks like a PC tower in the end

Think about guys. Back in the 80s, the Colecovision, Atari 5200ST, Commodore Amiga etc.. they were all game consoles with keyboards, disk drives, etc.. Maybe we are headed back to those days? If that's so, we'll eventually end up with just PC gaming configurations and going 100% to a sell game market... exactly what I'm predicting.

V4skunk

Banned
The console looks good. Will look right at home sat next to other contemporary looking electronic devices.
You guys saying it looks shit? How do you want it to look? A multicoloured kiddy looking machine?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Think about guys. Back in the 80s, the Colecovision, Atari 5200ST, Commodore Amiga etc.. they were all game consoles with keyboards, disk drives, etc.. Maybe we are headed back to those days? If that's so, we'll eventually end up with just PC gaming configurations and going 100% to a sell game market... exactly what I'm predicting.

All the revenue and profits are in the services and software, not the hardware. So this could eventually come to fruition.

GustavoLT

WnRHg8c.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
What are you smoking, and are you sharing it around at all?

People think the PS5 is going to be a repeat of the PS4, same launch price, same slim design. But they want it to compare to a PC running a 2080.

Its sleek minimalist and beautiful. I can see a lot of Youtubers wanting to show it off in their setups, and it looks like it's designed to quell cooling issues as well. Microsoft is smart.

Anyone complaining just wants attention, its just a box.

Partially attention, partially trolling. You know people will be spooging all over the PS5 regardless of how it looks.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
The design is quite beautiful, just like the One X and S are and a far cry from the ugly original One. Sony went the reverse path from a very decent original PS4 to the both atrocious Pro and Slim.

I think this new Xbox design is sexy & simply gorgeous, I was on the fence about buying day 1 or waiting a bit. No question now, it's day 1.

Not too surprising many Sony fans don't like the design. They have no problem with the fat PS3 & the butt-ugly, jet engine PS4 Pro though. I do have admit I thought my PS 4 slim was quite nice looking and one of the most attractive PlayStation consoles ever.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think this new Xbox design is sexy & simply gorgeous, I was on the fence about buying day 1 or waiting a bit. No question now, it's day 1.

Not too surprising many Sony fans don't like the design. They have no problem with the fat PS3 & the butt-ugly, jet engine PS4 Pro though. I do have admit I thought my PS 4 slim was quite nice looking and one of the most attractive PlayStation consoles ever.

This is literally the PS4 line:
Big-Mac-Family.jpg

Doesn't appear any bigger than say the PS4 Pro. Difference being XSX is taller and as narrow as a controller,while traditional consoles are very wide like a VCR. I prefer the tower form factor actually.

I have a horizontal media center that my tv sits on. That fucking new Xbox won’t fit in it.

Why did MS design their new console to look like the monolith from “2001”?

Top Bottom