• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

dLMN8R

From what I understand in this thread, being exclusively an Xbox One owner means I can't purchase 360 games, not even backwards compatible games. Is that correct?

You can buy 360 games through the Xbox One store, or the online 360 store, but if you don't have a 360 sitting around the biggest limitation is that you cannot use your Microsoft Account balance to buy those 360 games. You instead need to use a credit card or PayPal or similar.

Zedox

I def bought The Witcher 3 Complete Edition just now for $30 (and $20 of it was bing points). I have way too many games. Cant.Stop.Buying.Greatness.

Well some friends of mine have this for a week already.
I got a similar message when I tried to redeem a gold subscription during Black Friday and then when I reentered the code I got a message that said the code was redeemed. When I checked my account, even though I got an error message, the code was redeemed successfully.

Why don't you check how much money you have in your account.

Podge293

Got DS3, batman telltale and the don't starve pack. Nothing else I wanted and to be fair probably didn't need DS3. Such a massive backlog.

Fun times ahead

I had some left over Singapore dollars so picked up Telltale Batman and Quantum Break.

Hoping for some solid dailies over the remainder of the sale.

I felt similarly frustrated a while back with Shadow Warrior during last year's end of year sale (as I mentioned earlier in the thread). I had gotten it for like $10 on PC before it came out on consoles, but wanted to play through it on Xbox. It had ben out for a bit over a year and had been $30 the entire time, but had been on sale for less than $10 multiple times on both PS4 and PC. Once the sale was over and it hadn't shown up as a daily deal, I gave up and just paid the $30 for it.

It's been another year, and it still hasn't had a single sale. I was right, and it was pointless to wait for a deal on that particular game.
They probably forgot they released it on XB1

Quick question: So if I were to purchase an Xbox Gift Card to fund my account I couldn't use that money to buy 360 games through Xbox One or PC...? I have to use Paypal or a card?

Somnia

Grabbed Watch Dogs 2, Skyrim (before day 1 ended) and Batman TellTale on yesterdays daily.

Plus on week 1 I got Firewatch, Oxenfree and Flame in the Flood.

I wish I got Forza Horizon 3... is anyone selling it really cheap somewhere right now?

Somnia

Quick question: So if I were to purchase an Xbox Gift Card to fund my account I couldn't use that money to buy 360 games through Xbox One or PC...? I have to use Paypal or a card?

Unless you have a 360 to log into and purchase the game on the 360, yes you have to use paypal or a card.

They claimed they were going to try to get the website updated so you could use credit, but apparently the backend of the 360 system was never built that way so who knows when or if it'll ever be changed.

MauroNL

Daily Deal December 30
Xbox One
• Chivalry Medieval Warfare - $19.99 > $10.00
• Chivalry Medieval Warfare Ultimate Edition - $34.99 > $15.60

1 more daily left. Very dissapointing thusfar.

Sizzle55

Daily Deal December 30
Xbox One
• Chivalry Medieval Warfare - $19.99 > $10.00
• Chivalry Medieval Warfare Ultimate Edition - $34.99 > $15.60

1 more daily left. Very dissapointing thusfar.
Far out! They could not have cared less with these dailies!

Forsythia

I asked MS Support on Twitter if Catherine being on sale only in NA might be an error (as it is on sale on EU PSN). I'm sure it won't do shit, but I'm wondering what kind of bullshit they come up with.

Yes, I'm slightly annoyed by this situation. :p

Oh , and FF Type 0 isn't on sale in Europe as well.

LAA

I asked MS Support on Twitter if Catherine being on sale only in NA might be an error (as it is on sale on EU PSN). I'm sure it won't do shit, but I'm wondering what kind of bullshit they come up with.

Yes, I'm slightly annoyed by this situation. :p

Oh , and FF Type 0 isn't on sale in Europe as well.

Awesome was going to ask that myself. Honestly just been mega disappointed in this sale. And not having them on sale isn't going to push me to buy them anyway out of impatience, so I can wait or never buy them, so it's not working to get more money our of me at least.

Does anyone think that Steep discount is worth it? The other game I'm deciding between is DBZ X2 (I know how different these two are lol).

I don't know enough about Steep, plus I feel like it'll get an even steeper
sorry
discount soon enough. But I do want a legit current gen snowboarding joint.

Reposting. Anyone have any experience w Steep?

DJKhaled

Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance any good? it's nearly half price so I am really tossing up whether to get it, I heard bad things about it when it was first released.

Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance any good? it's nearly half price so I am really tossing up whether to get it, I heard bad things about it when it was first released.

The games are good, but the ports were poorly done. Its serviceable, but the price is still a bit high compared to the amount of effort put into the ports.

Flux

The games are good, but the ports were poorly done. Its serviceable, but the price is still a bit high compared to the amount of effort put into the ports.
They didn't fix the text or UI, it's the same low resolution from the earlier versions. It's playable though just the bare minimum effort was put into the collection. Last I checked they had not released the DLC so I don't have recent hands on.

Dominator

Bought a ton of 360 games on sale, some that are BC and some to prepare for it. Mafia 2, Hitman: Blood Money and Absolution, and Conan. Conan is not great but it's decently fun enough for the price.

Justinh

has virtua fighter been on sale?

Final Showdown? Looks like it's been on sale a fair few times. Not recently though...
PWEbDXg.jpg

Vanilla Fighter 5 only twice apparently, for 5 dollars both times.

Do you guys recommend Forza Horizon 2 to someone who is currently in love with #3? Or are the older Forza games not worth going back to?

Also, I tried the Forza 6 demo and loved it. Anyone know the lowest in price that game has gone, or probably will go?

This might be counter to popular opinion, but this is a great sale.
I think so too. Just last week I got the Titanfall 2/Battlefield 1 Deluxe Bundle and Oxenfree. Wish I had more money to grab some more but I'm pretty darn happy with those. Heard many good things about Oxenfree so I'm eager to try that out.

trixx

So what are the standout sales for week 2? I'm kinda salty that I missed Dark Souls 3 and Forza Horizon 3.Is dark souls 2 a good buy or has it been cheaper?

Bubba77

Do you guys recommend Forza Horizon 2 to someone who is currently in love with #3? Or are the older Forza games not worth going back to?

Also, I tried the Forza 6 demo and loved it. Anyone know the lowest in price that game has gone, or probably will go?

FH2 is wonderful. Please play it

m23

I don't see the point in going back to Horizon 2 if you've played Horizon 3. Although you get to drive around Europe so if you're into that, maybe it's a good idea.

Forza 6 is different enough though and it's amazing imo, I'm a bigger fan of the Motorsport series than Horizon. Don't know the lowest price it's been...

Forsythia

Awesome was going to ask that myself. Honestly just been mega disappointed in this sale. And not having them on sale isn't going to push me to buy them anyway out of impatience, so I can wait or never buy them, so it's not working to get more money our of me at least.

Well, all I got was them telling me they can't speculate and that the offer is not available in my region. Guess we'll have to wait for a sale in Europe. :/

How do you buy Catherine if you don't have a 360 set up anymore? Is it on the xbox one store?
I am online now at the store page and it says buy and it will download on your 360

or that doesn't matter and it will automatically download on my xbox one?

Qwark

How do you buy Catherine if you don't have a 360 set up anymore? Is it on the xbox one store?
I am online now at the store page and it says buy and it will download on your 360

or that doesn't matter and it will automatically download on my xbox one?

I usually just buy it in a PC browser and then it shows up in My Games on XB1 for me to download.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Any chance Dark Souls 3 will go for sale again?

I missed the sale. FML!

Justinh

Can someone give me any idea what type of game Catherine is? like in a few words, cause I have no clue what I'm looking at lol

I never really got into it, but my gut wants to say it's a puzzler, but it feels almost like "more than a puzzler," too if that make sense (I doubt it does). Puzzle platformer?

It'd be great if you still had a 360 hooked up so you could try the demo, but I'm not too sure how representative that is to the full game either...

All I really know is that I liked watching EVO videos of it on Youtube.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Can someone give me any idea what type of game Catherine is? like in a few words, cause I have no clue what I'm looking at lol

Story based puzzler, kind of trippy.... scratch that.... really trippy.... there is plenty of value playing it just for it's weirdness factor.

Top Bottom