• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

I never really got into it, but my gut wants to say it's a puzzler, but it feels almost like "more than a puzzler," too if that make sense (I doubt it does). Puzzle platformer?

It'd be great if you still had a 360 hooked up so you could try the demo, but I'm not too sure how representative that is to the full game either...

All I really know is that I liked watching EVO videos of it on Youtube.

Didn't know there is a demo for it, downloading right now, thanks a lot :)

Luke_Wal

Tip to anyone waiting for a sale on RDR: the GOTY 360 edition (with undead nightmare) is on sale for $15 at Best Buy, $12 with GCU. I know it's not digital, but I just snapped it up at that price, having never played it. Thought I'd let others know.

TheRed

Are you not an Xbox Live Gold subscriber? Those prices are accurate for me (30 and 20) in the US.

Oh ok guess my subscription ended recently. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well now I'm trying to buy it as a gift for my brother, guess I can't do that huh? Used to doing that on Steam. Not used to all this Xbox stuff since I've only had it for a few months and haven't bought much for it. That's disappointing.

Justinh

Well now I'm trying to buy it as a gift for my brother, guess I can't do that huh? Used to doing that on Steam. Not used to all this Xbox stuff since I've only had it for a few months and haven't bought much for it. That's disappointing.
No, you can't gift things on Xbox and it really freaking sucks.

The easiest way to do it if you wanna gift a digital game is through Amazon, I think. (there might be cheaper ways if you go through other sites, but I've never messed with those)

Doom - Xbox One Digital Code for 35.99 on Amazon

This is so frustrating. I just got an Xbox One S and decided to finally buy Rise of the Tomb Raider (non anniversary edition, because it was cheapest) yesterday at $49.99 CDN... and then I see today that its on sale for half the price and the anniversary edition is cheaper than what I just paid for the regular edition. I'm so choked...

Oh well.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Do you guys think Recore is worth $20? How long is it?

Easily worth $20. Especially so if you can run it on a decent PC. I only play it on my Alienware now because it runs off an SSD to fix the loading times.

Game is so so so so much better than it's given credit for. It's plenty long if oyu play it like a Zelda game. By that, I mean, try and be a completionist about it and it will take a long time to complete.

zedge

This sale has killled my wallet. Picked up the division gold edition. On top of bf1 and titan fall 2. Along with forza horizon 3 earlier. lmao

Easily worth $20. Especially so if you can run it on a decent PC. I only play it on my Alienware now because it runs off an SSD to fix the loading times.

Game is so so so so much better than it's given credit for. It's plenty long if oyu play it like a Zelda game. By that, I mean, try and be a completionist about it and it will take a long time to complete.

Thanks for your input. You have helped convince me to get it. Just a matter of getting it now for $20 or assuming it will drop to like $10 and waiting. I'll need to sleep on it haha.

As a new Xbox owner, I'm getting Ryse for $9.90. I already got Sunset Overdrive for $10. Might wait for Recore to hit $10 as well. I already have Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Quantum Break, and all the Halo games to play.

mike4001_

This is so frustrating. I just got an Xbox One S and decided to finally buy Rise of the Tomb Raider (non anniversary edition, because it was cheapest) yesterday at $49.99 CDN... and then I see today that its on sale for half the price and the anniversary edition is cheaper than what I just paid for the regular edition. I'm so choked...

Oh well.

I am not Canadian but I think 50 CDN is a very high price for a 1 1/2 year old game ..

You also shouldn´t buy games where are is currently a sale going on ... next time just wait until the sale is over.

That being said: Enjoy your game :)

I am not Canadian but I think 50 CDN is a very high price for a 1 1/2 year old game ..

You also shouldn´t buy games where are is currently a sale going on ... next time just wait until the sale is over.

That being said: Enjoy your game :)

It is. It's ridiculous. But it is what it is.

I am aware of that... guess I was playing with fire buying it during a sale. But I've always hated daily deals like this. Just annoyed.

I will. I'm quite excited to finally play this.

Lucifon

They have problems with redeeming stuff at the moment. Try tomorrow.
Got a bad feeling that they're closing this loophole which would be stupid. Amount of money I've given them because of it is crazy.

Reposting. Anyone have any experience w Steep?
It's relaxing and good fun. Doesn't really push you forward down towards a goal but kind of let's you roam free and create your own fun with challenges thrown in. The scale and freedom is quite impressive.

BouncyFrag

Do you guys recommend Forza Horizon 2 to someone who is currently in love with #3? Or are the older Forza games not worth going back to?

Also, I tried the Forza 6 demo and loved it. Anyone know the lowest in price that game has gone, or probably will go?

I'd recommend taking a break after you've finished FH3 and then playing the original FH which still looks, plays, and sounds great. MS has been going above and beyond with the bc program.

Clunker

Didn't see it posted anywhere, but Jackbox Party Pack 3 is also on sale for around $16 US, which is actually a buck cheaper than the Steam price. Searched on a lark and saw it was on sale, so picked it up for a holiday party earlier this week.

And I totally impulse-bought Catherine despite not being sure if it's my kind of thing based solely on it being $2.99. That's blind-buy pricing right there.

Only Oxenfree and Jotun for me this sale. Either great discounts on game I alredy owned or shitty $ to € conversion in games. I really refuse to pay 35€ for a game that cost 10$ in the US

I hope they know what they are doing. Specially pissed with MS 1st party games having different prices, like Ryse or Sunset Overdrive. I already own this two, but why would they do that? It's anecdotal, but many of my Belgian friends just didn't buy anything for the exact same reason. It's a shame that they believe that a) in the internet era we wouldn't realize about the price differences or b) they assume someone would pay it anyway.

On a positive note: Oxenfree is great great great. 100% recommended

ParityBit

So I have KI on my Xbox. Can I install it on my PC? I bought it WAY back and I am kinda looking for a fighting game (I suck at them) for my PC.

Montresor

Anyone played these games?

Soul Axiom
Manuel Samuel
The Bunker

They are on sale but they are puzzle games that I wrote off as being mediocre / not worth it. Can anyone convince me otherwise and say they've liked these games?

I played the alpha and it was terrible. I know the alpha isn't the final product, but I love extreme sports games, and I hated what I played of Steep.

It's relaxing and good fun. Doesn't really push you forward down towards a goal but kind of let's you roam free and create your own fun with challenges thrown in. The scale and freedom is quite impressive.

Thanks guys. Since I'm not seeing a bunch of positive comments I'll wait til it's $30.

Qwark

Is it safe to assume that the games in the weekly sale won't be in the dailies? I want to get Quantum Break, but not sure if it will go lower.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It is. It's ridiculous. But it is what it is.

I am aware of that... guess I was playing with fire buying it during a sale. But I've always hated daily deals like this. Just annoyed.

I will. I'm quite excited to finally play this.
Just try to ask for a refund. MS customer service is usually pretty good.

LAA

Is it possible to buy Catherine from the US store in the UK?
I tried yesterday but just kept getting the it isn't available through my region. And that was through VPN.
Not really sure how to do it.

sam777

Is it possible to buy Catherine from the US store in the UK?
I tried yesterday but just kept getting the it isn't available through my region. And that was through VPN.
Not really sure how to do it.
Don't think it is possible with 360 games.

I have $100 left to spend on week two but no clue what to get, kinda want Watch Dogs 2 and ME2, but then I also want Doom and a few other games.

Guys, spend my $100, I'll get the games that will be mention the most lol

Games I already have:

Dark Souls 2
Diablo 3
Dirt Tally
Mad Max
Sunset Overdrive
The Division
DBZ Xenoverse
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Far Cry 4
Forza 6
Ryse
State of Decay
Banner Saga 1 & 2
Quantum Break
Jet Car Stunts
Monopoly Family Pack
King's Quest
Shadow of Mordor
Steep
The Crew
Witcher 3
Watch Dogs

sam777

I have $100 left to spend on week two but no clue what to get, kinda want Watch Dogs 2 and ME2, but then I also want Doom and a few other games.

Guys, spend my $100, I'll get the games that will be mention the most lol
Dark Souls 2 or Borderlands Handome collection if they are your sort of thing. Watch Dogs 2 is also pretty fun.

MauroNL

Daily Deal December 31
Xbox One
• Elite Dangerous Standard Edition - $29.99 > $15.00
• Elite Dangerous Commander Deluxe Edition - $59.99 > $30.00
• Elite Dangerous Horizons Season Pass - $29.99 > $15.00

Thats the last daily for the sale, so thats all folks!

Top Bottom