• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

EBE

Sigh, I dunno if I should buy the first two Bioshock games on back compat, having the Collection already. Does anyone have both? Is the aiming just as clunky? Because it feels so weird in the Collection, but I don't remember if it was always like that or if they fucked it up when the remastered it.
I've got the trilogy on back compat. Aiming was never a strong point of the series until Infinite. Very clunky in the original, maybe a bit better in 2.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I haven't played the remastered Bioshock but remembered aiming was clunky as hell in the original until you leveled up the weapon.

I've got the trilogy on back compat. Aiming was never a strong point of the series until Infinite. Very clunky in the original, maybe a bit better in 2.
Hmmmmm, fuck. Maybe I'll just buy the first for $10 to test it.

The daily deals were trash. Nothing special at all. There were virtual currency on christmas for fuck sake. Yes, lost odyssey is a great gift but it doest make up for these daily deals. Like employees or Phil's team sat around cubicles or tables and thought that "yea, these are awesome deals".

The sale in general was awful (literally every price was higher than previous sales and 33%-50% higher than physical disc prices during blk friday and Xmas BB/Target/etc...sales)...but the dailies were truly next level, joke-worthy steaming excrement. Like Phil and co. were seriously trolling everyone for shits n giggles.

Thinking about taking on the Dark Souls series. Already have 1, although haven't played it. 2 is on sale for $13.20 right now. What's the consensus on that one?

Should I even do the first or just go to the second one?

I only got Forza Horizon 3. I thought most of the other deals were crap. Except for Catherine in the US, but I live in the UK, and some fucks at Microsoft/Atlus/wherever decided that wasn't going to be in the sale here.

Chris1

The sale in general was awful (literally every price was higher than previous sales and 33%-50% higher than physical disc prices during blk friday and Xmas BB/Target/etc...sales)...but the dailies were truly next level, joke-worthy steaming excrement. Like Phil and co. were seriously trolling everyone for shits n giggles.

The problem with daily deals is publishers look at it like "Should we put our game on a daily deal, or a weekly deal and get more sales?"

In an Ideal world daily deals should be a higher % off but that never happens (at least on console)

MauroNL

Deals with Gold Jan 4 - Jan 11

Xbox One
• Adam's Venture: Origins - $59.99 > $25.00
• Assetto Corsa - $59.99 > $33.49
• Awesomenauts Assemble! - $9.99 > $6.69
• Dead Island Definitive Edition - $19.99 > $10.00
• Dead Island Retro Revenge - $4.99 > $2.99
• Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition - $19.99 > $10.00
• Momentum - $9.99 > $6.69
• The BunnyLord Pro Hater Pack - $21.00 > $10.50
• The Long Dark (Game Preview) - $19.99 > $10.00
• The Telltale Games Collection - $109.99 > $36.30
• Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition - $14.99 > $4.95
• Sword Coast Legends - $19.99 > $10.00

Xbox 360

• Defiance: Apex Arkhunter Bundle - $99.99 > $49.99
• Defiance: Evolved Arkhunter Bundle - $19.99 > $9.99
• Defiance: Gold Edition - $39.99 > $25.99
• MX vs. ATV Alive - $19.99 > $3.99
• MX vs. ATV Reflex - $29.99 > $4.49 (Backwards Compatible)
• MX vs. ATV Supercross - $29.99 > $7.49
• MX vs. ATV Untamed - $19.99 > $4.99
• Port Royale 3 Pirates & Merchants - $19.99 > $4.99
• Port Royale 3 – Dawn of Pirates - $2.99 > $1.49
• Port Royale 3 – Harbour Master - $2.99 > $1.49
• Port Royale 3 – New Adventures - $2.99 > $1.49

baconcow

Microsoft puts on a 3-week sale with hundreds of titles... and forgets to include one of their best first party titles (Gears of War Ultimate Edition).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I have $18 in"Microsoft Money" that I got from there website for buying FFXV and Bing rewards. Yet I'm not sure how to use it and I'm not the only one apparently.

I tried navigating the website to buy something with no luck. Tried at the Xbox store on my Xbox One with no luck. Called the 1-800 number with no luck because I really could not understand the person.

Is there any way I can use this money or credit on the MS store or at the Xbox store?

MauroNL

This weeks' full list of Deals With Gold is in the OP. Crap deals imo. Week 2 deals of the Countdown sale are still valid for 7 days.

baconcow

Last time I looked it was peanuts on CD Keys if you really want it.

Edit - I take it back, looks like they're out of stock now. It's been on there for about a tenner for the past year....

I've been watching since around Black Friday and it has been around $21 and $23 CAD. Was also hoping to grab it for around $10-15 CAD.

This sale set me up for a good long while...

Batman: Arkham Knight (Premium)
Hitman (Complete First Season)
Ori & The Blind Forest (Definitive Edition)
Oxenfree
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt (Complete Edition)
The Witness

Wish I had the cash to nab Doom, Quantum Break and Dishonored 2 while I was at it.

rapid32.5

week 3 is horrible, grabbed Mad Max before the deal runs out. no Alien Isolation sale was a surprise.

my games: Ryse, Oxenfree, Batman Telltale, Batman Arkham Knight, RE4, RE5, The Walking Dead Michonne, Catherine, Oblivion, Dishonored, Mad Max.

ParityBit

I still can not get KI to install on my PC. I keep getting an error message. I am not sure what to do. There was one comment about needing to create a folder, but I already had one.

Fuchsdh

Got The Escapists, that stupid Goat Simulator DLC, Witcher 3 Complete, Minecraft Story Edition, and Contrast. With that and Halo Wars 2 coming this year... I think I've bought all the games I'm going to for the next year three days into it, haha. GwG will more than take care of the rest of the time.

PeterGAF

Banned
Might pick up banner saga 1 since I got the sequel on Games with Gold. Otherwise all I got from this sale was Arkhamn Knight for $10. I bought a few games during the Black Friday sale though that I still need to play.

Ricker

Sword Coast Legends is 10 bucks...its hidden tough,the only way to see it is with a search...

The console release of this went almost completly unnoticed but I remember playing it on PC during one of those Steam free weekends are really enjoyed it...did they mess it up on consoles or is no one interested in games like this anymore...I had fun solo,co-op should be even better...I'm going to pick it up anyway at that price.

MarveI

Not sure if this is the place but Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition is 30 GBP/35 EUR/38 USD at amazon.co.uk. Don't forget to add a random UK address and set it up as your default delivery address (if you aren't from uk).

Karamsoul

week 3 is horrible, grabbed Mad Max before the deal runs out. no Alien Isolation sale was a surprise.

my games: Ryse, Oxenfree, Batman Telltale, Batman Arkham Knight, RE4, RE5, The Walking Dead Michonne, Catherine, Oblivion, Dishonored, Mad Max.

Mad Max is surprisingly good and has great upgrade paths, missions, and vehicular fun. Loving it, as I just completed Shadows of Mordor.

Bustanen

Not sure if this is the place but Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition is 30 GBP/35 EUR/38 USD at amazon.co.uk. Don't forget to add a random UK address and set it up as your default delivery address (if you aren't from uk).
Doesn't seem to work outside UK. Got my order through but it's still pending an hour later..

MarveI

Doesn't seem to work outside UK. Got my order through but it's still pending an hour later..

Sorry it didn't work for you. I'm from outside the UK too but got mine. Apparently it was a pricing error so you had to be quick. They fixed it pretty quickly.

I think I might pick up Rare Replay digitally.

I already own the disk, but it would be nice to have those games always on my system, and I got a $10 credit from Bing rewards, so it's basically free.

AlexBasch

Given how expensive Season Passes are, I'm torn between picking up Rise of the Tomb Raider or Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition. I'm just curious if the extra content is good, if not, I might wait for another sale down this year instead.

Not sure what to choose.

Novocaine

Given how expensive Season Passes are, I'm torn between picking up Rise of the Tomb Raider or Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition. I'm just curious if the extra content is good, if not, I might wait for another sale down this year instead.

Not sure what to choose.

The RotTR season pass was pretty good I thought. It's a shame you didn't grab it during black Friday, it was since ludicrous price like $4 or something.

AlexBasch

The RotTR season pass was pretty good I thought. It's a shame you didn't grab it during black Friday, it was since ludicrous price like $4 or something.
I don't have the base game, so I'm eyeing the 20 Anniversary edition or whatever it's name is. :p

For some reason the vanilla version is like $1 more expensive. But good to know, thanks. :)

I think I might pick up Rare Replay digitally.

I already own the disk, but it would be nice to have those games always on my system, and I got a $10 credit from Bing rewards, so it's basically free.

I got Rare Replay digitally once I installed the disc and realized that like half the games aren't on the disc and have to be downloaded anyway. It's kind of a digital collection with a disc unlock key, and I don't miss having to put the disc in to access everything.

Top Bottom