• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Survey: would you sell back your digital games at 10% of purchase price?

MauroNL

Found this on Reddit

S3oQozm.png

Looks like Microsoft are still toying around with this idea. 10% of your original purchase price would mean $6 in store credit for a $60 game. Seems pretty low but then again you'd get nothing for it anyway if there wouldn't be a way to sell it.

Noobcraft

10% from the price I paid? I probably would for Titanfall or anything that hits GWG, sure.
I don't even have Titanfall installed anymore.

bigkrev

10% off the purchase price would only mean something valuable with sports games, where 3 years later you can sell it back for $6 when it is essentally valueless.

I think 30% of the current value of the game is a reasonable number for both sides (gamestop gives around 40%)

I'm only interested if there's a higher price for newer games, in a $60 games instance it would be $30 within first year, $15 next year for example but I know that wouldn't happen

psychotron

I think 25% of whatever it's currently selling for on the Xbox store is a good deal. Digital games usually have zero resale value.

Reave

10% is a flat-out ripoff. That just gives gamers more reason to buy and trade physical copies instead of the digital route.

LordOfChaos

20%, maybe for games I don't touch anymore. 10% is nothing. 6 dollars from a 60 dollar game? May as well keep it for the nothing I'd get back.

That said, I'm intrigued that they're interested in the concept, perhaps this could be the start of something.

Chobel

10% of price seems to be very little amount, but for only-digital guys it's a lot better than nothing at all.

Welfare

Sure, why not? I have a shit ton of games that I would love to sell back for some money to spend on other games.

Jawmuncher

Digital Sharing like steam has would be amazing however, and would actually interest me in considering more digital purchases.

Gaz_RB

I assume they would remove the game from your account, and give you credit for their store.

But like what's the incentive for either party? Digital games are infinite. Selling them back to whoever owns the infinite printing press seems pointless.

I could see selling the license to someone else, but the store itself? Doesn't make any sense.

Tevious

So what is this, just a courtesy service or something? What would they actually do with the digital licenses they buy back? Would it actually save them money from making new license keys or something?

So its like renting a game for whatever span of time for $54. Why? I don't understand why people want to trade in digital games in the first place.

Yaari

10%.. Lol.

Maybe for annual franchises like Fifa. Otherwise I definitely won't do that. I rather have a library of games then.

Chris1

10% lmao.

Better than nothing I suppose, how do you get these surveys btw? I don't think I've ever gotten one of them.

Top Bottom